- Transfer/handover of goods and services from one entity or person to another in exchange for money is known as Trade. Manufacturing of a product in a prescribed manner is called manufacturing.
- An individual/Group that are planning to start a new business needs to get the Factory/Trade License.
- Factory/Trade license is to regulate specific laws of business for a particular area or locality. It is designed to ensure that the citizens are not badly affected by Health Hazard by the improper carrying of a manufacturing/trade and also to check whether the business is being carried on is according to the laws, rules, standards and safety guidelines or not
- The regulations of factory/trade license are laid down by the State government to monitor, check and regulate the trade within a city.
- Factory/Trade license is issued by the municipal corporation of the state where business is located.
- A factory/trade license authorized individual/business to carry on trade or business at the premises for which it has been issued.
- Any unauthorized trade between two parties is an offense and may result in a significant penalty to the business. The business owners must apply for a factory/trade license before carrying out any manufacturing/trading activity.
- An application must be submitted before the beginning of any trade activity. Some state governments allow 15 days to 3 months’ time to seek a trade license.
- Trade License once issued requires periodical renewal on annual basis. Application for renewal of the license must be submitted at least 30 days before expiry of the licensee.
For License Fee Click Municipal License Fee 2018-2019