If anyone wants to operate a bar, they will need to apply for a bar license.
A bar license allows you to sell alcohol for consumption on the licensed premises, but it does not allow gaming or take-away liquor. This liquor license allows a maximum of 100 customers, over the age of 18, on the premises during trading hours.
Bar Business Models:
There are different kinds of bars one can set up. Each type of bar needs a different kind of set up, management style, financial backing, etc. One has to decide the type of bar that suits their interest and makes them feel confident about running it successfully.
- Tapas bar
- Sports bar
- Night Clubs
- Concept bar
Types of Liquor License:
Various types of licenses are issued by each state government. Any individual or company can get the following licenses:
Grant of L-1 license - For the purpose of wholesale supply of Indian Liquor: The government of NCT of Delhi once a year formulates policies for grant of this license in pursuance of which it is granted to the wholesale supply of Indian liquor. Its granted to Company or a society or a partnership firm or proprietorship firm having licensed manufacturing units (distillery / brewery /winery/bottling plant).
- Procedure for application of this license: The govt. invites applications by issuing a public notice during a leading newspaper and on the official website of the Govt.
- The prime job of L-1 Licensee is to provide liquor to the holders of Licenses of L-6, L-7, L-9, L-10, L-12, L-13, L-14, L-15, L-16, L-17, L-18, L-19, L-20, L-21, L-28, L-29 and other liquor licenses within the capital Territory of Delhi.
- The holder of L-1 license has got to suits all the terms and conditions mentioned within the license contract.
Grant of L-3/L-5 Licenses: For hotels: Such license can be granted for hotels, which are holding star classification and the approval from Tourism Department of Govt. of India which is taken into account necessary for grant of License in form L-3.
- L-3 license authorizes the hotel for offering foreign liquor to the customers in their rooms.
- These hotels also can seek separate License in form L-5 for serving the liquor in exclusive bars and therefore the restaurants within the hotel premises.
Grant of L-19 License: For clubs: L-19 license can be issued to a club registered with the Registrar of Firms/Registrar of Cooperative Societies for facilitate of foreign liquor to its members.
Grant of L-49A license: Marriages, Parties etc., this license can be obtained on payment of Rs. 3,000/- for serving of liquor in any party, function, marriage etc. at a particular premise anywhere in Delhi exclusive of public parks subject to the following conditions:
- The area should be away from public view.
- Liquor should be served to adults above 25 years of age.
- Liquor should be procured from authorized source in Delhi.