Every entrepreneur wants its business to flourish more & generate profits, but there are multiple scenarios wherein an entrepreneur has to take the decision of closing down his business. In legal terms, we call it as winding up of a Private Limited Company. It is the last stage of a Private Limited Company in which its presence for past several years is dissolved and all its assets are used to pay off the creditors, shareholders and other liabilities.
Importance of winding up of a Private Limited Company
If your company is not operating properly or faces continuous business losses, it is advisable to close such company and look for some alternate business solutions to come up with. A private limited company needs to be closed or windup when there are no activities since incorporation or the Director/s of the company are not willing to continue operations.
As per section 270 of the Companies Act 2013, the procedure for winding up of a Private Limited Company can be initiated either –
By the Tribunal
A Private Limited Company can be wound up by a Tribunal for any of the following reasons:
If a Private Limited Company falls under any of the above cases, a tribunal is formed and a resolution is taken to wind-up the operations of the company under study. Such tribunal decisions are considered as final.
1. The court or tribunal will initiate the procedure by sending a notice to an official liquidator. This person will be responsible for carrying out the process of winding up the company.
2. The court will also create the winding up order and will send it to all creditors and contributors, asking them to step forward. The order is to be served even upon those who’ve filed the petition for winding up.
3. The liquidator, appointed by the court, shall examine the books of the company, that is bank balance, liabilities, the cash in hand, creditors, loans etc.
4. The official liquidator must, in the next six months, furnish to the court an introductory report on the accounts, liabilities, debtors and cash and negotiable securities available. The liquidator will also initiate if any further inquiry is required.
5. The liquidator will present to the Court a complete account of how the money, assets, and operations were divided into all
6. After inspection of all the documents and accounts, the court speaks the dissolution of the company.
The decision of voluntary winding up of the company entirely depends on the shareholder's decision. Before winding up a Private Limited Company, the shareholder’s must:
a) Pass a special resolution in a board meeting
b) In company annual general meeting, pass a resolution requiring that a Private Limited Company wound up on account of expiry of a duration stated in the articles of association or occurrence of any event in respect it should be dissolved.
Decisions a Tribunal may take?
Dismiss your petition for winding up the company.
Make provisional order as it thinks fit.
The Final decision on whether to wind up the company or not.
Any other decision required as per law.
1. The majority of directors (or both, in case if there are only two directors) should organize a board meeting at which the decision has to be made to wind up the company. The debts if any on the company can be repaid from the earnings of the winding up of the company. Finally, a date, time and agenda should be fixed for a general board meeting. The general board meeting must be conducted after 5 weeks of holding a board meeting.
2. During the general board meeting, pass the ordinary resolution for winding up by the ordinary majority or special resolution by the ¾ majority. The directors must conduct a meeting with the creditors of the company. If 2/3rds of creditors are in favor of winding up the company, then the company shall be wound up voluntarily.
3. Within a time span of 10 days of the passing of the resolution, file a notice with Registrar for the appointment of a liquidator
4. Within 14 days from the passing of the resolution, notice of the resolution must be given in the Official Gazette and also an advertisement in the district where the registered office is present.
5. Within 30 days of General meeting, file certified copies of ordinary resolution and the special resolution passed in the General Meeting.
6. Call for the General Board Meeting, at which a special resolution will be passed for disposal of all the books of accounts.
7. Within two weeks after last general meeting, file the accounts and special resolution with the Registrar. If the Registrar is satisfied, the dissolution order shall be passed within 60 days of application.
Step 1: Corpseed received your request for winding up of company
Step 2 We will assign a dedicated resource who is professionally skilled in regulations required to wind a Private Limited Company. You can get in touch with the assigned resource at any point of time for consultation and assistance regarding winding up of your company.
Step 3: Our experts will draft the affidavit for winding your company and ask for your approval.
Step 4: Our expert will file your latest financial statement, with MCA.
Step5: our resource will assist you till the Tribunal passed an order for dissolving.
Step 6: Above 5 steps completes your request of winding your company.
At Corpseed, we are committed to offer our services to the entrepreneurs and businesses as a very cost-effective proposition. We believe that a customer is always right and the focus of any business activity should be to serve the customer with utmost loyalty. All our services come with SLAs (Service Level Agreements) for on-time service delivery and money back guarantee to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
At Corpseed, our valued customers are always kept in the loop as far as service delivery timeline is concerned and we inform our customers every time a milestone is achieved during each stage of service request processing. But we also believe that we may come across a customer who is not satisfied with our efforts. For that we have a very responsive Customer Care Department which work 24x7 to attend to and solve customer complaints. We also have a money back guarantee for those, who want their service charges to be refunded.
At Corpseed, We believe it is our responsibility to protect our customer information from unauthorized access. We have put systems and processes in place to make sure that the customer information is safe with us during its storage and transfer between in house and third party servers. We continuously test our systems and processes for security breach and vulnerabilities are identified and fixed at a regular basis..
If a customer is not satisfied with the service we provided and if he contacts our customer care helpline and files a formal complaint within 15 days of service delivery date, Corpseed would refund the entire or partial amount of Professional Fee charged for that particular service.
If a customer is having issues with our service delivery process, he has various alternatives available at his disposal to register his grievance with us. He can either email his complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org or he can call our 24x7 Customer Care Helpline. Also, any customer is always welcome to visit our office to lodge a complaint with the senior management.
A customer can buy our services directly from our online platform, for which he need to make online payment. Once he clicks on "Apply Now", a new window will open, a customer is required to submit the information in the respective fields and click "Make Payment". A unique ticket number will be auto generated, the customer need to quote this number as reference for any enquiry regarding his service request.
All the monetary transactions performed on Corpseed online platform are secured with SSL System Protocol. We encrypt the customer information such as credit card and bank account details, before these are transmitted anywhere. We adhere to PCI DSS for data security standards for payment processing.
Download free legal guide on how to successfully start and manage business in India & achieve 100% compliance.
Hi there, Talk To Expert