The FSSAI being a central act has to be complied with by all the food business operators in the country. However, India being a big market, each state may have its local laws which may also need to be complied with. Some of the approvals, registrations, and licenses that a food business operator may be required to obtain from various authorities under other laws are below:
- Health and trade licenses from the municipal corporation of the relevant area,
- Verification certificate under the Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1976 for each of the outlets issued by the Department of Legal Metrology of the respective areas,
- Eating house license
- Environmental clearance
- Registration under the police act of the respective city/state
- No-objection certificate for fire prevention and safety
- Liquor license.
- Registration under the shops and establishments act of the respective state
- A license for playing music in restaurants is also required for playing recorded or live music.
- It is mandatory for a food business to obtain insurance from any insurance company with regard to public policy, product liability, fire policy, building, and assets. Other insurances though are not mandatory may be useful if taken.
- registration under the Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 if it is engaging more than 20 employees.
- Registration is also required under the Central Excise Act, 1944 as in respect of goods specified in the Third Schedule of the said act, repacking, re-labeling, putting or altering retail sale price, etc. will fall into the category of manufacture.
- Subject to applicability, other statutory and regulatory compliances may also include registrations under Income Tax Act, 1861, Customs Act, 1962, sales tax, service tax, and other labor laws.
Connect With Team Corpseed to Get All Licenses / Permits Under One Roof
Registration of Business Entity
- One Person Company.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or
- Private Limited Company (Pvt Ltd)
FSSAI Food License
- Registration Type: Annual turnover
- Basic registration: Up to 12 Lakhs
- State License: Up to 20 crores
- Central License: More than 20 crores
Trademark Registration of Food Business
- Get You Trademark Here
Fire Department NOC
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 to apply for Fire department NOC.
Health and Trade License
- Get Your Health / Trade License Here
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 to apply for Insurance for your business.
- Get Your environmental clearance NOC from the state pollution board of your city / state Here
Liquor or Bar license
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 to apply for Verification Certificate
License For Playing Music In Restaurants
- Apply for a License for playing music in restaurant Here
Eating House License Registration
- Get your business Eating House License Here
Registrations Under Income Tax Act, 1861, Customs Act, 1962, and Other Labour Laws
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 to apply for Registration under income tax act, 1861.
Employees' Provident Funds
- Register for Employees' Provident Funds Here
Registration under the Central Excise Act
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 to apply for Registration under the Central Excise act.
Returns Required To File By FBO
- Connect @ : 91 7558 640 644 for Company Annual Returns
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.