Salary Slip Format
It is a small paper which is used to record the salaries of employees. It is also known as pay slip in some countries. There are many companies that give salary slips to their employees, who have worked for them for a year or more. These companies include banks, insurance companies, government organizations, and so on. These employers are required to give their employees a salary slip every month so that they can know how much money they receive each month. They can use this information to calculate the amount of taxes they have to pay and can also calculate their net income after taxes.
Table of Contents
The salary slip format includes the following information:
- Salary: This is the basic pay given by an employer to his employee every month. It includes all types of payments received by the employee from his employer like fixed salary, commission, overtime, etc.,
- Deductions: This section shows deductions made by employers from salaries paid to employees including tax.
In detail, the following information is included in the salary statement's Income/Earnings side:
- Basic Salary
- Medical Allowance
- Special Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance
The Deductions side of the salary statement are:
- Professional tax
- Tax Deducted at Source
- Employee Provident Fund EPF
- ESI/Health Insurance
- Gratuity (4.81% of basic pay will be deducted as gratuity)
The following are the few steps to take care of a simple salary slip format:
- Make sure that you have all the necessary information about your employee's name, address, contact details and other related information.
- On the top left corner write the name of your company/employer. Below this write your employee's name along with his/her department name and employees number (if any).
- Now you need to enter the amount that you have paid for their services in the corresponding column. You can also make use of this column in future to deduct any amount from their salary.
- In case you want to deduct any other allowance like Professional tax, Tax Deducted at Source, Employee Provident Fund, EPF ESI/Health Insurance, Gratuity.
Salary Slip Formats
There are a number of formats available to create your salary slip. Here are some of the most popular formats:
- Salary Slip sheet Format in Excel: The simplest way to create a salary slip is by using Excel. You can use any worksheet in Excel, but you will need to enter your data into columns (the first column will be the name of your employee and the rest will be their work details).
- Salary slip Format in Word: If you prefer to use Word for your salary slips, then this is also an option. You can either create a new document or open an existing one, enter all of your information into columns and save as a PDF file.
Useful Information about Salary Slip
|Net salary||Total Earnings – Total Deductions|
|Gross Wage||Basic wage + HRA + Conveyance + Medical + Special allowances|
|EPF||At least 12% of an employee's basic salary|
|ESI||Currently, the employee's contribution rate is 0.75% of their wages,|
|Gratuity||4.81% of basic pay will be deducted as gratuity|
|CTC||Gross wage + Employer PF Contributions + Other Benefits Given by Employer|
Salary Slip Format Download
|Simple Salary Slip Format In Word||Payslip Download Word|
|Simple Salary Slip Format In Excel with Formula||Payslip Download Excel|
|Simple Salary Slip Format In PDF||Payslip Download PDF|
Read Also: Increment letter format download
If you have any questions or suggestions, then comment below. If you find these format samples useful, do share it with your friends.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.