Introduction: Ujjwala 2.0
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme is one of the primary schemes of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG). This scheme was launched in May 2016 by the MOPNG. The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG) is governed by the government of India. The primary goal of this scheme is to reduce the level of pollution by using LPG as cooking fuel. To make LPG accessible to rural and underprivileged households that would otherwise use traditional cooking fuels like firewood, coal, cow-dung cakes, etc. Traditional cooking fuels such as coal produce harmful gasses and have a negative effect on both the environment and the health of rural women.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Ujjwala 2.0
- Benefits of Ujjwala 2.0
- What Is The Process Of Registration For The Registration Of The New Ujjwala 2.0 Connection Scheme?
- Eligibility Criteria To Avail Connection Under Ujjwala 2.0
- What Are The Documents Required For The Registration To Avail Of Connection Under Ujjwala 2.0?
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Now, this is the time to start the second phase of this scheme which is also known as Prime Minister Ujjwala Schemes 2.0. Through this scheme, the government wants to give benefits to the needy and economically vulnerable women in the nation by the start of the government Ujjwala scheme on May 1, 2016. Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh was the first district under the scheme where the LPG free connection scheme was introduced with the intention of providing the first phase of the scheme which was ongoing until a while ago and has been finished recently. The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 which is also known as PMUY 2.0 is the second phase of the scheme has now been started in response to the coronavirus situation and the central government of India's desire to make the lives of ordinary people as simple and comfortable as possible.
Due to the efforts of the central government of India, approximately one crore qualified beneficiaries would receive free LPG gas connections under the second phase of the scheme. So, if you are an eligible beneficiary for the scheme and you want to apply for the same then you can easily apply for a free LPG gas connection through the second phase of PM Ujjwala Yojana.
Benefits of Ujjwala 2.0
Under the second phase of the Ujjwala scheme of the government of India which is also known as Ujjwala 2.0, All the migrant workers are eligible to get a free cooking gas connection in their households on the bases of the self-declaration of the applicant with the minimum requirements for supporting documentation such as address proof and identity proof. The ultimate objective of the Ujjwala 2.0 scheme is to offer a free LPG gas connection to low-income families who were not eligible for coverage under PMUY's first phase of the scheme.
The beneficiaries will also receive a free stove (hotplate) under the Ujjwala 2.0 scheme in addition to deposit-free access to LPG supply. Only the first gas cylinder provided to the beneficiary under the program would be free but after the first cylinders, the applicant needs to purchase a gas cylinder from the selected gas agency.
The government of India also offers financial support for a PMUY connection beneficiary in the amount of Rs 1,600. A residential gas consumer card, cylinder, pressure regulator, LPG hose, inspection, installation, and demonstration costs are all covered under the cash benefits of the scheme.
What Is The Process Of Registration For The Registration Of The New Ujjwala 2.0 Connection Scheme?
The registration process for the new Ujjwala 2.0 connection scheme is very simple and easy. Here is a step-by-step process for getting a new connection under the Ujjwala scheme:
- Primarily you need to visit the website of Ujjwala Scheme official website.
- Once you click on the link of the Ujjwala scheme. You will see the front of the homepage of Ujjwala Scheme 2.0.
- Now if the applicant wants to apply for a new Ujjwala 2.0 Connection then he needs to click on the link and that link will take you to a new page of the website.
- After clicking on the link, the applicant needs to select the options for the gas connections.
- Here you need to click on the Click Here button to apply for the connection of the selected company. You would get the LPG connection of the selected company.
- Let’s understand this with an example, if the applicant wants to take LPG Gas Connection from the Hindustan petroleum company, then he/she needs to click on the Click Here button to apply button next to HP Gas.
Eligibility Criteria To Avail Connection Under Ujjwala 2.0
- Only woman applicants with a minimum age of 18 years are eligible for the registration of the new Ujjwala 2.0 Connection scheme.
- The beneficiary applicant should not have any other LPG connection from any gas agencies within the same household.
- Any woman falls under one of the following categories such as SC, ST, Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana (Gramin), Most Backward Classes (MBC), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, Forest Dwellers, People Residing in Islands and River Islands, Enlisted Under SECC Households (AHL TIN), or Any Poor Household according to the point declaration of the government.
All earlier submitted applications would get consideration under the new Ujjwala scheme 2.0. the only requirement is that the applicant must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned in the UJJWALA 2.0 rules, which also includes the mandatory part of providing the Aadhar numbers for all adults in the family as well as the requisite paperwork listed in Q (6) above)
What Are The Documents Required For The Registration To Avail Of Connection Under Ujjwala 2.0?
Here is a list of documents required for the registration of the Ujjwala 2.0 scheme:
- Firstly, the applicant needs all the Know Your Customer (KYC) documents for the registration of the new ujjwala 2.0 Connection.
- Applicant must have a valid Aadhar Card as Identity Proof and address proof. Aadhar card would only be valid if the applicant is living at the same address as mentioned in Aadhar. This requirement is not mandatory for the residents of Assam and Meghalaya.
- Ration Card issued by the State from which application is being made/ other State Govt. document certifying family composition/ Self-Declaration as per Annexure I (for migrant applicants)
- Applicant needs to show a valid Aadhar card of all the adult members of the family.
- Bank Account Number and IFSC code would also be required for the registration of the new ujjwala 2.0 Connection.
- The applicant would also need to show the supplementary KYC which supports the wealth status of the family.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.