Introduction: FSSAI License
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under Food Safety and Standards,2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science-based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale, and import to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
One of the necessary conditions after registering a business entity is to obtain Government License / Permit. In case you are in the food industry e.g hawker, itinerant vendor, temporary stallholder; food distributor in any religious or social gathering events except a caterer, or by any way related to manufacturing, transportation, storage, or distribution of food product or tiny food business, you must obtain an FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License before starting operations.
As mentioned under the FSS Act 2006, every food business operator (FBO) shall get its business registered or obtain a license under FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
Which Food Business Operators (FBOs) required FSSAI License
- All food processing plants including re-labelers and re-packers.
- Dairy units including milk chilling houses equipped to handle or process
- Vegetable oil processing units and units involved in producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller units:
- FBO involved in Slaughtering
- FBO processing Meat products
- FBO is involved in Wholesaling food products
- FBO involved in Retailing
- FBO involve in Distribution
- FBO as a Supplier
Which Food Business Operators (FBOs) required Ayush License
- FBO is engaged in the manufacturing of (ayurvedic/Unani/Herbal) drugs and medicines.
- FBO engaged in the manufacturing of (ayurvedic/Unani/Herbal) cosmetic products
- FBO engaged in manufacturing (ayurvedic/Unani/Herbal)health supplement products
- Ayurvedic Drug license is to manufacture drugs & medicines made up of natural ingredients like turmeric, ginger, roots of various plants or trees, black pepper, etc.
The Ministry of AYUSH was formed on 9th November 2014 to ensure the optimal development and propagation of AYUSH systems of health care. Earlier it was known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H) which was created in March 1995 and renamed as Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in November 2003, with focused attention for the development of Education and Research in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing therapy that enhances longevity, it’s also known as the “Science of life”. Ayurveda is one of the ancient surviving medical systems in the world started almost around 5000 years ago.
The basics on which the Ayurvedic system is founded are essentially true for all groups of people and so can be easily adopted century after century.
The idea of Ayurveda explains a series of conceptual systems characterized by balance and disorder, well-being and disease. It explains that a person’s mental, emotional, and spiritual being are all interconnected and even a small imbalance between them results in health disorders and diseases.
Nowadays Ayurvedic products are in great demand because of their impact on healing the body internally.
Export demands are rising every month from India. Countries like Russia, the U.S., Canada, European Union, etc. are the biggest importer of Ayurvedic products from India.
In order to manufacture Ayurvedic medicines, one must obtain an Ayush manufacturing license from the Ministry of Ayush
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.