Introduction: FSSAI Registration & Licensing
One of the necessary condition after registering business entity is to obtain Government License / Permits. In case you are into food industry e.g Noodles Manufacturing, hawker, itinerant vendor, temporary stall holder; food distributor in any religious or social gathering events except a caterer, or by any way related to manufacturing, transportation, storage or distribution of food product or tiny food business, you must obtain an
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
As mentioned under the FSS Act 2006, every food business operator (FBO) shall get its business registered or obtain a license under FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
Summary Noodles Manufacturing
When a food article has to go under processing and manufacturing, it requires domain expertise and a quality-controlled environment to ensure high-quality production. The successive governments of various countries have developed standards for process certifications that act as marks of authenticity for them to produce food items. These universally accepted standards are also adopted by the Indian government to govern the methods of food production, manufacturing, processing, and distribution among consumers. The permission and license required to make noodles in India is an important certification, which should be adopted by such companies. Noodles have become a staple food in the Indian menu over the years. Children of every age are attracted to this food item. Be it noodles, pasta or macaroni, these varieties have become very popular among Indians.
Importance of FSSAI Registration & Licensing
This is the sole reason for the food manufacturing companies to develop breakthrough technologies to manufacture oats and flour noodles to offer choices to parents who want to feed their children with healthy and nutritious foods. Companies, which are involved in the manufacturing of noodles, have to apply for registration and license from the Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The noodles as food items are regarded as non-standardized food products by FSSAI and thus it is very important for a manufacturing company to have an FSSAI certification before it commences its operations.
Why FSSAI for Noodles Manufacturing
To operate as a food processing company, it is essential to obtain a food license, which is relevant to the product. The FSSAI is a mark of certification and the central government has the power to direct the state bodies to keep a check on the companies which process such food items. FSSAI action is always coupled with complete diligence and very swiftly conducts tests on the noodle-making brands of many big companies. It is important to understand the slabs crafted by the FSSAI to achieve such a license.
- To obtain a Basic Food License, the annual turnover of the company should be less Rs.12 lakhs.
- To be eligible for a State License, the turnover of the company should be above Rs.12 Lakhs but less than Rs.20 Crores.
- For the Central License, the company should have a turnover of more than 20 Crores. The companies, which are involved in large quantity production of any food items, have to obtain such a license.
Requirement for Noodles Manufacturing
Here are some of the requirements to obtain permission and a food license to make noodles in India.
- The authorities have to ensure that the noodle-making company has a safe and hygienic premise for manufacturing. This is the first step, which FSSAI takes to ensure for the companies which are engaged in the manufacturing of noodles. As per the law, the company has to fill out form B of FSSAI.
- The certificate of authenticity can be achieved when the required documents to be submitted for FSSAI are complete. The company should be equipped with all the documentation so that obtaining the certificate becomes a relatively simpler task.
- The packaging system for the finished product should always be in accordance with the standards set by the licensing authority. Packaging is an important step as packing is the first thing the consumer would notice. The packaging industry should make sure that the packs meet the expected standards of quality. The companies, which are involved in the packaging of food products, are required to apply for a license that is relevant to their area of specialization.
- The professionals of the noodle-making company should have the required qualifications, which make them adept in conducting the manufacturing of food products. Unless qualified engineers are present in the company, the required task should not be undertaken. FSSAI approves their qualification and demonstrates that the company is equipped with human expertise.
- The constant checking and testing of the product within the premise of the noodle-making factory is a right of the authorized licensing company. They also conduct the quality testing of the taste-maker, so that the spices and ingredients in the taste-maker are found to be safe for consumption. There have been instances that can prove that even large companies in the industry have to face these stringent laws and have to prove their quality. If FSSAI is still not satisfied with the product, FSSAI has the right to place a ban on it.
- The equipment used by the factory for the production of noodles should be reliable and of supreme quality. This will ensure the safe production of the product.
- Once the FSSAI is satisfied with the documentation in filing for the license, they will further conduct an inspection to be sure of their answer. The inspection is very stringent as they have to keep in mind all the laws and the safety of the premises before giving the license to the company for producing the required food item.
- The companies, if found violating the rules of FSSAI, are liable for punishment. The FSSAI has the right to take the food processing company to task and slap them with the most deserving punishment.
- The companies, which have to obtain the license, should have consultants who can give complete guidance to the food distribution company regarding the assimilation of the license.
When the license expires, the company will have to undergo the renewal procedure for re-application of the license, but once the license is obtained, the food manufacturing operators can operate with complete confidence and without any fear of rejection for the quality of their product. The food processing industry in India is made to undergo stringent laws so that public health is maintained.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.