In order to up your efforts to prove your ownership of your brand, registering your brand on Amazon is an added measure of protection. In May 2017, Amazon introduced the new Amazon Brand Registry to help brand owners protect their registered trademarks. There are about 130,000 brands having Amazon registration. The benefit of registering on Amazon is that it shows accurate brand representation due to which the owners have more control over their products. Plus, it has a powerful search and report tool.
Steps Required to Register on Amazon
Sign in into Amazon Registry - If you are a vendor or a seller, use your vendor or seller central credentials to sign in. The process is in three simple steps: Brand Eligibility, Identification and Characteristics
Step 1: Eligibility Requirements
- Active registered trademark of your brand in each country you wish to enroll.
- Text-based or image-based form of trademark
- Ability to verify yourself as the right owner of the brand
- An Amazon account
Step 2: Identification
- You need to upload the images of product, packaging and Logo as well as Brand Website
Step 3: Characteristics
- Enroll your brand - Requirements:
- Active registered trademark brand name
- Associated government registered trademark number
- List of categories in which your brand should be listed
- List of countries where you want to enroll
Now that you have applied for the Amazon Brand Registry, you have secured your company’s future. With the improvement in the programs introduced by Amazon, you can benefit more.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.