Introduction: Battery Import License
In “Batteries Registration and Management System (BRMS)” importer can submit their application through online either fresh/new application as well as renewal, file half-yearly returns and undertaking. In spite CPCB, SPCB and Custom Authorities can also verify the status of importer through BRMS portal.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Battery Import License
- Documents Required For Import Battery License:-
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Grant Of Fresh Registration:-
The following procedure shall be followed for grant of fresh registration for battery import license:-
- Applicant shall apply for the grant of registration through online web-portal.
- After submission of online application, applicant shall also submit physical copy of application on their letter head, enclosing following documents;
- Printouts of Form II and Form III taken out from online application with their stamp and signature on the same.
- Self-attested copy of Import-Export certificate
- The complete application will be processed within 7 days from receipt of physical copy.
- Registration will be issued only on the corporate address or branch address specified on IEC certificate.
- Incharge HWM Division will grant the registration to importers of new lead acid batteries.
- The importer registered earlier by MoEF&CC desirous to get registered with CPCB, may apply for the same as above. However, they shall surrender original registration certificate issue by MoEF&CC along with their application.
Renewal of Registration:
The following procedure shall be considered for grant of renewal of registration to importers of new lead acid batteries;
- No physical copy of application would be necessary for renewal of registration.
- Applicant shall submit application for renewal at BRMS portal. Such application can be submitted 45 days prior to validity period.
- Renewal of application will be processed online for issuance within 7 days subject to verification of the following;
- Importer has submitted Half Yearly Returns regularly at BRMS portal or submitted hard copies to SPCB and CPCB
- In case returns were submitted to SPCB, self-certified copies of the same will be considered.
- In case the applicants irregular in filing HYR or Files returns at the time of renewal application – The applicant may be allowed to file previous returns after giving an undertaking in an affidavit. The validity of such renewal will be for a period of 1 year. However, in case of non-compliance during such 1 year validity period, no further renewal of registration will be granted.
- Incharge HWM Division will grant the renewal of registration to importers of new lead acid batteries.
Suspension Or Cancellation Of Registration:-
- As per the provision under Rule 5 for the Batteries Rules, 2001 registration shall be liable for cancellation or suspension for non-submission of timely half yearly returns to SPCB and a copy endorsed to CPCB.
- In case of non-submission of HYR over a period of 1 year;
- CPCB may issue notice of non-compliance to importers with an opportunity to file returns within a period of 45 days,
- In case importer fails to respond, an opportunity for hearing will be given with a notice period of 30 days.
- Further, in case of no-response, the registration granted to importer shall be cancelled.
- Cancellation of such registrations shall be approved by Member Secretary. Following which, letters for cancellation of registration shall be issued by in-charge HWMD.
- Notice for suspension or cancellation shall be issued by in-charge HWM Division or it can also be issued online through BRMS application.
- If notice issued to importer, remains undelivered and are returned by postal department, the registration of such importers shall be suspended and uploaded on the BRMS application.
Re-Activation Of Suspended Or Cancelled Registration:
- Re-activation of Suspended or Cancelled registration within the validity period or after the validity period of such canceled/suspended registration may be considered in the following cases;
- Importer may submit an undertaking in an affidavit ensuring timely submission – however, the validity of such renewal will be for a period of 1 year.
- Further, in case of non-compliance during such 1 year validity period, no further re-activation or renewal of registration may be considered.
- Re-activation of such registrations shall be approved by Member Secretary. Following this, letters for re-activation of registration shall be issued by in-charge HWMD.
Documents Required For Import Battery License:-
Documents required for import Battery license in India are as follows:-
- Bill of Entry:
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading / Airway bill :
- Import License.
- Insurance certificate.
- Purchase order/Letter of Credit.
- Technical write-up, literature, etc. for specific goods if any.
- Industrial License if any.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.