How to Apply For Battery Import License
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
In “Batteries Registration and Management System (BRMS)” importer can submit their application through online either fresh/new application as well as renewal, file half-yearly returns and undertaking. In spite CPCB, SPCB and Custom Authorities can also verify the status of importer through BRMS portal.
Grant Of Fresh Registration:-
The following procedure shall be followed for grant of fresh registration for battery import license:-
- Applicant shall apply for the grant of registration through online web-portal www.cpcbbrms.nic.in
- After submission of online application, applicant shall also submit physical copy of application on their letter head, enclosing following documents;
- Printouts of Form II and Form III taken out from online application with their stamp and signature on the same.
- Self-attested copy of Import-Export certificate
- The complete application will be processed within 7 days from receipt of physical copy.
- Registration will be issued only on the corporate address or branch address specified on IEC certificate.
- Incharge HWM Division will grant the registration to importers of new lead acid batteries.
- The importer registered earlier by MoEF&CC desirous to get registered with CPCB, may apply for the same as above. However, they shall surrender original registration certificate issue by MoEF&CC along with their application.
Renewal of Registration:
The following procedure shall be considered for grant of renewal of registration to importers of new lead acid batteries;
- No physical copy of application would be necessary for renewal of registration.
- Applicant shall submit application for renewal at BRMS portal. Such application can be submitted 45 days prior to validity period.
- Renewal of application will be processed online for issuance within 7 days subject to verification of the following;
- Importer has submitted Half Yearly Returns regularly at BRMS portal or submitted hard copies to SPCB and CPCB
- In case returns were submitted to SPCB, self-certified copies of the same will be considered.
- In case the applicants irregular in filing HYR or Files returns at the time of renewal application – The applicant may be allowed to file previous returns after giving an undertaking in an affidavit. The validity of such renewal will be for a period of 1 year. However, in case of non-compliance during such 1 year validity period, no further renewal of registration will be granted.
- Incharge HWM Division will grant the renewal of registration to importers of new lead acid batteries.
Suspension Or Cancellation Of Registration:-
- As per the provision under Rule 5 for the Batteries Rules, 2001 registration shall be liable for cancellation or suspension for non-submission of timely half yearly returns to SPCB and a copy endorsed to CPCB.
- In case of non-submission of HYR over a period of 1 year;
- CPCB may issue notice of non-compliance to importers with an opportunity to file returns within a period of 45 days,
- In case importer fails to respond, an opportunity for hearing will be given with a notice period of 30 days.
- Further, in case of no-response, the registration granted to importer shall be cancelled.
- Cancellation of such registrations shall be approved by Member Secretary. Following which, letters for cancellation of registration shall be issued by in-charge HWMD.
- Notice for suspension or cancellation shall be issued by in-charge HWM Division or it can also be issued online through BRMS application.
- If notice issued to importer, remains undelivered and are returned by postal department, the registration of such importers shall be suspended and uploaded on the BRMS application.
Re-Activation Of Suspended Or Cancelled Registration:
- Re-activation of Suspended or Cancelled registration within the validity period or after the validity period of such cancelled / suspended registration may be considered in following cases;
- Importer may submit an undertaking in an affidavit ensuring timely submission – however, validity of such renewal will be for a period of 1 year.
- Further, in case of non-compliance during such 1 year validity period, no further re-activation or renewal of registration may be considered.
- Re-activation of such registrations shall be approved by Member Secretary. Following which, letters for re-activation of registration shall be issued by in-charge HWMD.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR IMPORT BATTERY LICENSE:-
Documents required for import Battery license in India are as follows:-
- Bill of Entry:
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading / Airway bill :
- Import License.
- Insurance certificate.
- Purchase order/Letter of Credit.
- Technical write up, literature etc. for specific goods if any.
- Industrial License if any.