Introduction: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an Apex organization that regulates and governs the food business in India. It is an autonomous body that is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Renewal License of FSSAI
- FSSAI License Renewal Online Procedure
- Documents Required for FSSAI Registration:-
- Outcomes of Expiring Food License
- Compliance Check for Renewal Application Status
Renewal License of FSSAI
As a result, an FSSAI license is the single most significant licensing required of food company owners in India. Before starting a business, all qualifying food operators, including as manufacturers, transporters, distributors, and retailers, must get an FSSAI license. However, it is not only necessary to obtain an FSSAI license; it is also vital to renew your license on a regular basis. Renewal of a food license is a simple process.
An FSSAI license's validity ranges from one to five years, depending on the number of years chosen by the food business. As a result, the cost of the license rises with the number of years requested. As a result, according to FSSAI requirements, you must apply for a license renewal within 180 days of the expiration of the current one.
If the application for a new food license is not submitted within this time frame, a penalty of Rs. 100 will be charged for each day that it is overdue. If the registration of a food license renewal has not been applied for within the given time, the license will be considered expired, and the business operator will be held responsible if his business activity is conducted on the premises. If the business owner wants to continue operations, they must apply for a new license. As a result, it is recommended that you renew your FSSAI license on time to avoid penalties.
FSSAI License Renewal Online Procedure
FSSAI may be obtained quickly online, and the renewal method is similar with a few exceptions. Understand the steps for renewing your FSSAI food license online. To obtain a license online, the FBO must complete a series of steps, after which the license will be issued within 30-60 days.
To do so, you must first create a user id and password in order to register with the FSSAI. You can begin the application process once you have created an online account. All of the necessary documents should be uploaded. You will be issued an application reference number after successfully submitting the application, which you may use to track the status of your application for a food license renewal.
The generated user ID is only good for 30 days. As a result, make sure you complete all of the necessary documents and procedures within 30 days; otherwise your ID will be rendered useless.
The renewal fee is as same as of the new License and registration. Can be applied as early as 180 days before to expiry date.
- Rs. 1000 for the License
- Rs. 100 for Registration
Necessary Steps for Renewal of FSSAI License:
- Filling Form A/ Form B: As a result, Form A or Form B must be completed, depending on the Food Operator's eligibility. These are the essential forms that must be filled out and include the Food Operator's business activities as well as a self-attested declaration that you are obligated to follow the Food Safety and Standard Act's standards. A photo identity proof, such as an Aadhaar card, a driver's license, a voter id card, or a passport, is also necessary.
- Verification: After receiving your application, the authorities will review it and may arrange for an examination of your business premises to ensure that you have included all required information and that it has been completed correctly.
- Completion: If they are happy with your business operations after a successful inspection, they will award you a license.
- Getting the License: It should take no more than 60 days for the license to arrive. If it has been more than 60 days since you got the license and you have not received it, you may resume your business without further notice. Renewal of a food license is a simple process.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration:-
FSSAI Basic Registration:-
- Photocopy of the applicant's most recent passport-sized photo
- Identification proof (voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Card (Personal Identification Number)
- Proof of address (phone bill/electricity or gas bill)
- a copy of the property papers (if owned)
- Landlord's NOC letter and a copy of the rental agreement (if rented)
FSSAI State / Central License:-
- List of the Society's Proprietors, Partners, Directors, and Executive Members, together with their complete addresses and contact information.
- Applicant's most recent passport-sized photograph Identification proof (Voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Card (Personal Identification Number)
- Proof of address (phone or cell phone bill/electricity or gas bill)
- a copy of the title papers (if owned)
- Landlord's NOC letter and a copy of the rental agreement (if rented
- In the case of cooperatives, a copy of the firm's partnership deed/MOA/AOA or a copy of the certificate issued under the Co-Operative Act, 1861
- NOC from the manufacturer (in the event of a distributor) / NOC from the municipality or other local authority
- The DGFT has issued an E-Code document (Directorate General of Foreign Trade)
- A company's Form IX Nomination of Persons, as well as the Board Resolution
For Manufacturer And Processing Units:
- The processing unit's blueprint design / layout plan shows the size in meters/square metres and the operation-by-operation area distribution.
- Name and number of pieces of equipment and machinery, as well as installed capacity and horsepower.
- A list of food categories for which manufacturing is sought.
- Letter of Authority from the manufacturer's designated responsible person, including name and address, as well as an alternate responsible person, stating the authorities vested in them, such as aiding officers in inspections, sample collecting, packing, and dispatch.
- A report from a recognized/public health laboratory on the chemical and bacterial analysis of water to be utilized as a food ingredient.
The process of Renewal is as it is applying for a fresh FSSAI License.
Outcomes of Expiring Food License
If the application for FSSAI license renewal is not submitted within the given period, a fee of Rs. 100 will be charged for each day the application is late.If a renewal license application is not submitted within the specified time, it will be deemed expired and a new license will be required if the business must continue to operate. To avoid the penalty, it is suggested that the license be renewed on time.
The Registration of License will continue to function until orders on the renewal application are granted, which must occur within 30 days of the registration or license's expiration date.
If you don't want to get fined, make sure your FSSAI license is renewed according to the FSSAI rules. It is recommended that you renew your FSSAI license before it expires and that you apply for FSSAI registration renewal as soon as you receive the notification.
To avoid late renewal fees, you must renew your FSSAI registration at least 30 days before the license expires.
Compliance Check for Renewal Application Status
FSSAI conducts a compliance examination of your registered FBO's facilities when you apply to renew your FSSAI license. A Food Safety Officer oversees the FSSAI-established regulations under the FFSA in this procedure. The officer examines the operators' food approach tactics, as well as the quality of their product amenities, working conditions, and functioning provisions. The Food Safety Officer assigns/examines the FBO's compliance levels in relation to the same:
- Compliance (C)
- Non-Compliance (NC)
- Partial Compliance
- Not Applicable/Not Observed (NA)
If you are into food business with revenue below 12 Lakhs, you must obtain an FSSAI Registration before starting operations. Corpseed can help you to obtain FSSAI registration for your business.
If you are into food business with revenue above 20 Lakhs, you must obtain an FSSAI License before starting operations. Corpseed can help you to obtain FSSAI state license for your business. Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back.
FSSAI Central License PAN India in no time. In case you want to import/export or sell your products on an E-Commerce Website, you must obtain an FSSAI Central License. Team Corpseed will help you to obtain FSSAI central license.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.