Overview: PVC Pipes Manufacturing
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a type of plastic. PVC pipe manufacturing is mostly employed in the irrigation and construction industries; they are excellent electrical conduits and are used in a variety of residential and industrial applications. Cast iron, stainless steel, cement, plastic, and wood are some of the materials used to make pipes. PVC pipes are utilized for a variety of piping applications and solutions for water and wastewater in the home and industrial plumbing. The third most popular plastic commodity is pipe grade PVC, and India's plumbing industry has a big number of PVC manufacturing companies. Here is a list of PVC Pipes companies in India. However, PVC pipes are now the favored choice because of the material's nature.
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
The benefits of using PVC pipes are:-
- When compared to cast iron and cement pipes, PVC pipes are lighter. As a result, they are simple to set up and use, as well as have a lower transit cost.
- Acids, alkalis, and electrolytic processes have no effect on PVC pipes. PVC pipes, in comparison to pipes made of stainless steel or other materials, are dependable and do not corrode at all - they are unaffected even by water.
- They are combustible.
- PVC pipes are extremely flexible and resistant to breakage.
- Algae, bacteria, and fungus cannot grow inside PVC pipes, which is a good thing.
- PVC pipes can withstand high fluid pressures with ease.
- When compared to other materials, good-quality PVC pipes have a lifespan of roughly 100 years.
What is the Market Potential of the PVC Pipes in India?
Growth in the PVC pipes business is assured, thanks to rising government infrastructure projects, residential and commercial construction projects, industrial production, and agricultural projects. A prospective market for the replacement of aging pipes with modern-day PVC pipes is also a good source of growth. From 2016 to 2025, the Indian plastic pipe market is predicted to develop at a compound annual growth rate of 14%, according to forecasts.
PVC pipes, Polyethylene pipes, Polypropylene pipes, and other types of plastic pipes are all part of the plastic pipe business. PVC pipes are the one that stands out among all the others in India, and they are expected to increase rapidly in the next years.
What are the Mandatory Government Licenses and Registrations Required for Setting up a PVC Pipe Manufacturing unit?
1. The first step is to register the business entity. It can be done through LLP registration, Partnership business registration, or Company Registration if you want a more corporate structure.
2. Trade license:- A trade license is a technique for regulating specific businesses in a specified location. The State Government is the one who issues it. A trade license authorizes the conduct of a specific trade or activity at the location for which it was issued. It does not guarantee property ownership and is not permitted to engage in any other business than that for which it was issued. It is required that an individual register his new business and obtain an online trade license. The main goal of the trade license is to discourage people from operating their businesses out of their homes. The application must be submitted within 30 days of the business's start date.
3. Factory license:- The Factory Act of 1948 was enacted by the government to safeguard workers and ensure that the owner offers a safe working environment. Every factory owner must register their premises with the municipal government before starting their business, according to the Factory Act of 1948. A factory license is a government-issued document that authorizes the conduct of manufacturing activity. Factory Licenses are issued by the Department of Factories and Boilers. Workers' health, safety, and welfare must be monitored by the Factories and Boilers Department. A factory registering under the Factories Act of 1948 must also acquire the Labor and employment department's approval of its building plan before applying for factory registration.
4. GST registration:- GST stands for goods and service tax, introduced in India on 1st July 2017 and replaced around 15 other cascading taxes levied by the Central and State governments. Under GST, goods and services are taxed at different rates as per the categories defined the by Indian Government. Various tax slabs are 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, and 28%. There is a special rate of 0.25% on rough precious and semi-precious stones and 3% on gold. In addition to this, a CESS of 22% on top of 28% GST applies to luxury items like aerated drinks, luxury cars, and tobacco products. GST replaced other indirect taxes and is thus set to dramatically reshape the country's 2.274 trillion-dollar economy. GST registration is compulsory for all businesses involved in the buying/selling of products or providing services or both within India.
5. Udyog Aadhaar MSME:- Udyog Aadhaar (also known as Aadhaar for Business) is a 12-digit government identity number issued by the Ministry of MSME to small and medium-sized businesses that wish to register as MSME. A sole proprietor company owner, unlike other business entities, does not have formal recognition of his business. Udyog Aadhaar MSME is highly recommended for sole proprietors who do not have official government recognition since it allows a lone owner to obtain a unique identity and official registration with the Government of India, which verifies the existence of his business.
6. Every individual who wants to operate or set up an industrial plant/or any project needs to acquire Consent to operate (CTO) from the State Pollution control board. To set up an outlet one should comply with the provision enumerated under section 25 of the water prevention and control act, 1974. If anyone wants to operate an industrial plant, he needs to comply with the rules mentioned in U/s 21 of the Air prevention and Control of pollution act, 1981.
7. BIS certification:- BIS Certification is a way of providing a third-party guarantee of reliability, safety, and quality of products to the customer. The government of India has made BIS certification compulsory for a few products taking into consideration public health & safety. BIS CRS Certification is issued in India by the Bureau of Indian Standards. BIS has been successfully promoting and maintaining International standards within the country since 1987. The Bureau of Indian Standards is involved in different activities like standards formulation, certification of products, system certifications, hallmarking, laboratory services, registration schemes, and more.
8. Trademark The Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trademarks, under the Ministry of Commerce, is authorized to register the company logo, which gives the business owner or trademark owner the right to sue other parties when infringements occur.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.