Procedure To Obtain Online Import License For Restricted items in India
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) block may be a connected department of the Ministry of Commerce and Trade and is run by Director General of Foreign Trade. DGFT has been essentially committed within the regulation and promotion of foreign trade through regulation. Keeping in line with easement and globalization and therefore the overall objective of accelerating of exports, DGFT has been appointed for the role of a service provider for imports & exports. This was done to promote and facilitate exports/imports from prohibition and control of imports/exports keeping in view the interests of the country.
This Directorate, with headquarters at New Delhi, is liable for formulating and implementing the Foreign National Trading Policy with the only objective of promoting India's exports. The DGFT also provides scraps/authorization to exporters and monitor their corresponding obligations through a network of 25 regional offices and an extension counter at Indore. The regional offices are located at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Ernakulum (Kochi), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panipat, Pune, Rajkot, Srinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Varanasi, and Visakhapatnam.
Restricted items are those items that requires different licenses or permission from concerned department. Restricted items can be imported after having the valid authorization from the concerned ministries or departments.
List of Restricted Items
- Live animals and bovine semen for breeding purposes etc.
- Horses for sportsmen
- Import of Pets
- Import of live animals for R&D purposes
- Import of Tyre scrap/ Lead scrap/battery scrap
- Import of slag
- Import of ozone-depleting substance
- Import of Wild Animals under Animal Exchange Programme
- Import of Arms and ammunition
- Aircraft/Helicopter/Hot Air Balloons/UAVs
- Transmitter or Communication device
- Refurbished electronic items
- Import of gold –Dore
- Import of Silver – Dore
Concerned Departments List From Where Premission is Required
Following are the list of different departments from where one has to take the permission to import restricted items before taking approval from DGFT import license.
- State Husbandry Department
- Certification of having R&D facilities
- NoC from MoEF&CC
- State Pollution Control Board certificate
- Recommendation of Central Zoo Authority
- Arms Dealer license
- DGCA permission
- NABL certification for first time importers
- BIS certification
- End User Certificate
Procedure for Import of Restricted Items
DGFT provides the service for the registration of Import of Restricted Items. After having the valid authorization from concerned departments one has to take approval from DGFT for the Import of Restricted Items. If a person is not having the approval from DGFT for the import of Restricted Items then the person cannot import restricted items.
Multiple items can be imported in the same application
- If port of registration is same for all the restricted items
- No Import from EDI port is permitted
- In case different ports are required, different
Fee For The Import License
One per thousand or part thereof subject to a minimum of Rs. 500 and maximum of Rupees one lakh on CIF value/duty saved amount of Authorization/ license / permission.
Documents Required For Import Of Restricted Items in India
Following documents are required for the registration of Import of Restricted Items.
- IEC Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar
- Board Resolution copy
- Authorized Signatory aadhar card & pan card
- Authorization from concerned department