Introduction: Barcode Registration
Vertical lines representation which is scanned electronically to fetch the product details faster is known as Barcode.
Barcode is used in order to encode the product details instantly such as product numbers, serial numbers, and batch numbers. A barcode on a product plays an important role in the supply chain, enabling all participants like Manufacturers, transporter, wholesaler to identify products easily.
EAN-13 is the most commonly used type of barcode having 13 numeric digits. UPC-A is a type of barcode having a superset of 12 numeric digits.
Is Barcode Registration Compulsory?
Barcode registration is not compulsory. Even without registration, a retail barcode will work fine because stores enter the barcode number and link it to their billing or inventory software on an individual basis.
Types of Barcode
- GS1 EAN/UPC Family Barcodes
- GS1 Data bar Family Barcodes
- GS1 1D Barcodes
- GS1 2D Barcodes
Documents Required For Barcode Registration
- Company Pan Card
A copy of the Company PAN Card is required as authentication Proof of the business entity.
- Business Registration Proof
Business registration proof such as GST registration, partnership deed, certificate of incorporation, shop establishment certificate, FSSAI license, etc is required.
- Canceled Cheque
For verification of bank account details, a Cancelled Cheque is mandatory to be submitted.
- Audited Financial Statement
last year's Audited Financial Statement is necessary In order to ascertain the previous year's annual turnover of the business entity.
- Product Details
Product details such as product number, serial number, batch number, MRP of the product are required.
- Company Letterhead
Letter for requesting the allotment of barcode on the company letterhead needs to be submitted.
How To Obtain Barcode Registration?
- Upload the required documents & business details.
- Consult the business advisor about a product for which seeking Barcode registration.
- Pay the fees online with different payments modes available
- On placing an order, your application shall be assigned to a dedicated professional.
- After documents & information scrutiny, the team will file an application for product barcode registration.
- On successful barcode registration, the business advisor will provide barcodes and certificates.
The fees for barcode registration can be calculated with the help of the following link:-
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.