Indroduction: Nativity Certificate
A nativity certificate is a document issued by the state government, that certifies the applicant’s state of origin or whose relatives (that is, parents and/or grandparents) hail from that particular state.
Nativity Certificates are issued by the state governments, and not by the central government of India. So, depending on the state that your parents or grandparents were from, you will have to get the process completed from that state.
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
It is used for availing quotas in educational level, for applying for Government jobs, permitting students to apply for scholarship schemes, etc.’
Benefits of Obtaining a Nativity Certificate
Nativity certificate is necessary for India for many situations:
- To show residence in a particular state of the country
- To get admission in a specific state university course (where seats are reserved for only state residents)
- To prove the claim for a ration card
- To avail quotas in educational level
- To apply for Government jobs
- To apply for scholarship schemes
Nativity Certificate for OCI or PIO
Nativity Certificate is required for getting Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) or People of Indian Origin (PIO) status from Indian embassies. Every foreigner has to prove the Indian original to get the PIO or OCI status. A Nativity Certificate is needed to determine the Indian origin of a person. Commonly Nativity certificate contains the seal and signature of a first-class magistrate along with other formalities, and it has to be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs to get OCI or PIO.
Eligibility for Nativity Certificate
To obtain a nativity certificate from the any State Government, the following are the eligibility criteria:
- A resident of that particular State
- Proof of continuous residence for five years or more
Documents Required to Apply for Nativity Certificate
The following documents are necessary for getting the nativity certificate:
- Birth Certificate or 10th Certificate
- Ration card
- School certificates of Parents
- Application form (nativity certificate)
- Address proof (passport, voter card, ration card, electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill)
- Aadhaar Card, Mobile Number, and Email ID is mandatory for e-District portal registration.
Processing Time for Nativity Certificate
Time Frame to issue the certificate is 5 days from the date of application.
Validity for Nativity Certificate
A nativity certificate holds lifelong validity.
Download Nativity Certificate Online Process
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.