License For Selling Ayurvedic Medicines | License Required To Sell Ayurveda Medicine
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
It is mandatory to have Ayush Retail license for sale of Ayurvedic /Unani / siddha medicines or any product related to ayurvedic in India. Without Ayush License, there are Government Penalties to sell ayurvedic / Unani product.
4 different types of Ayurvedic licenses issued by Department of Ayush are as follows:
- Retail License: Retail License is issued to run and sell ayurvedic medicines/products in India.
- Wholesales License: Wholesale License is issued to persons or agencies engaged in wholesale of Ayurvedic drugs and medicines
- Manufacturing License: Manufacturing License is issued to persons or agencies engaged in manufacturing of ayurvedic drugs and medicines
- Loan License: Loan License is issued to a loan licensee/person using the premises, equipments and staff of another ayurvedic drug licensee having a manufacturing license.
License Required To Sell Ayurveda Medicine
- If one is asking from India then simply one requires the retail license to sell the medicine online or offline.
- So simply register ones business with the govt of India as Proprietorship Firm or partnership firm or pvt ltd company and then open a current bank account & after that apply for the retail license for the same.
Note: In some states If one wants to sell Ayurvedic/herbal/unani/siddha products then one doesn’t require any drug-related license for sale and purchase of Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha/Herbal Medicine. One needs only GST number and company registration.
Distribution Business/Retail Business
Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha Business Plan for Shops/Distribution:
- Search Shop at prime location whether Rented or Owned. For Distribution wholesale prime location doesn’t matter. For retail, it’s necessary.
- Choose good name for your shop
- Shop Registration as per local authority norms
- GST registration Number if one has more than 20 lakh annual turnover
- For running products in your locality, conduct survey.
- Purchase Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha products from distributors/Company
- Start Selling Products
Ayurvedic/Unani/Siddha Business Plan for Manufacturing Unit:
- Search Premises for Manufacturing Unit (Rented or Owned)
- Choose Company Name
- Apply for Manufacturing License Number
- Apply for GST Number
- Along with Manufacturing License Number File, apply for products approval.
- After approval start manufacturing of Ayurvedic/Sidha/Unani Medicines
Documents Required to Obtain AYUSH License
- MOA and AOA of the company
- Address proof (Copy of the rent agreement) of the premises
- Photo ID proof of the proprietor/ Director/partner of the company.
- Details pertaining to the refrigerator
- Affidavit regarding the compliance of MPD 2021
- Qualification Proof
- Registration of Delhi Ayush Council.
- Appointment Letter and Bio data of the director of the company.
These documents are required by both who seek the retail license or the wholesale license.