A registered trademark a representative of a business used to protect the company's investment in the brand or symbol. If you own a business or want to own a business, trademark registration India is a necessary step. After you have now researched your trademark and applied for registration, you have to wait a bit longer than expected. Now what? Well it is better to be updated about your application process as it can take up to 18-24 months, that to if is accepted. If the application is rejected or opposed another number of months will be added to that time duration.
Thankfully there is solution. You can actually check your application status by going to the website of the Indian Trademark Registry. The following steps should be followed:
- After submission of application, government will give you an “allotment number”.
- Open the website if India Trademark Registry and enter the given number and trademark class.
- You can view the uncertified Electronic Trademark Register, present status of their mark, next date of renewal assignment, scanned copy of the Registration Certificate etc.
- You can check status, examination report, status of opposition if any.
- For viewing journal publication, go to trademark journal archives.
- If you find any errors in the data viewed herein, apply to the concerned Trademark Registry with supporting documents.
If you don’t know the Application Number of the Trade Marks, whose details are to be find,
- Click the button ‘Find Details without Trade Mark Number/Application Number, key-in the Trade Mark, Proprietor Name, Class and Goods/Services
- Click the Search buttons to list the Registered/Pending application status of you mark.
- In the Trade Mark column enter the Trade Mark (min. 3 characters) in the Proprietor Name column enter the name of the owner
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.