Be it the children carrying Jute Bags to school or women employees to offices, Jute bags now acquire a household name, especially during shopping sprees or vacations. As a cherry on the cake, it is environmentally friendly and reusable. Jute is a boon to the ecology marching towards a sustainable fashion. In texture, Jute Fibre is a soft, long and shiny vegetable fibre that is spun into strong threads. It is even called a golden fibre, owing to its natural brown colour. These specifications make it prominent among natural fibre globally. All such factors make the Jute Bag Manufacturing Business a celebrated business idea for women or teenagers to begin with.
Table of Contents
- Jute Bag Manufacturing Business
- Different Uses of Jute Bags
- Raw Materials Used in Jute Bag Making
- Steps for Jute Bag-Making Process
- Marketing Tactics of Jute Bag Business
- How to Establish and Register For a Jute Bag Manufacturing Business?
- Jute Bag Making Business Training Institutes
- Government schemes to promote Jute Export to India
- Market demand
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Jute Bag Manufacturing Business
Jute Bag Manufacturing Business is a great step to kick start your journey as a marketer. As icing on the cake, the need for the same has increased exponentially and continues to serve as a sustainable and fashionable strategy. When we discuss the Jute Bag-making machine cost, the cost of the sewing machinery might vary or as much as 10k-30k, with ISO (Indian Standard Organization) depending on the capital structure and compliance based on other factors.
Different Uses of Jute Bags
Jute Bag is one of the most sustainable business ideas, as it complies with environmental standards while living up to fashion trends. This is one of the few factors that make Jute Bags popular with high demand. The following are various uses of the same-
- Jute Bags are used as grocery bags for shopping, as they are 100% biodegradable and breathable.
- The versatile bags are adopted for promotional purposes to spread awareness about their ecological benefits and enhance the brand’s promotion/popularity.
- These bags are fit for travel purposes due to their strength and comfort.
- Personalised Jute Bags appear as fashionable handbags.
Raw Materials Used in Jute Bag Making
The Jute industry is prominent and highly reputable in India. The most Jute producing states are Bihar, Assam and West Bengal. But most of the Jute Business depends on West Bengal due to a fair share of mills. Therefore, such factors act as a catalyst for sourcing the raw materials, which are as follows-
- Jute fabric
- Printing gum
- Sewing thread
- Packing materials
- Pvc buckles
- Packing Materials
- Chemicals & auxiliaries
Steps for Jute Bag-Making Process
The Steps to Jute Bag Making are no rocket science and can be undertaken simply and effectively. The following is how you may do so in a stepwise process-
- Step 1- Buy a woven fabric roll from the manufacturer in your area.
- Step 2- Laminate the Jute rolls that can be made to sell with or without lamination. If you desire to sell laminated bags, then; laminate the rolls before cutting them.
- Step 3- Lift and spread the Jute and fix them accordingly.
- Step 4- Cut the Jute roll to the required shape and size.
- Step 5- Generate or print designs on jute roll pieces.
- Step 6- Wash or dry the printed pieces of fabric.
- Step 7- Stitch and weave the obtained cut pieces from the Jute roll with the assistance of the sewing machine.
- Step 8- Ready or attach them with zips and buckles. Then, prepare the final Jute Bag product for marketing.
Marketing Tactics of Jute Bag Business
Marketing strategies are the stepping stones to generating consumer interest in advertising these goods or services. It generates skyrocketing demands and enlarges production by increasing profits. No wonder, when it comes to marketing the Jute Bag Business, the following are a few factors that govern it-
- Word of Mouth- Any business should have loyal customers to keep them hooked. It indirectly establishes a loyal customer base and helps to promote your brand. Now, if you sell a Jute Bag to your respective customers, the loyal ones will automatically recommend you to others.
- Social Media Marketing- With the advancement in technology, it has become easy to promote products digitally and gather effective leads. You ought to have a local listing page with a website and social media presence that will dictate you in targeting the right audience and fetch customers.
- Promotional Gifts- It is one of the famous marketing tactics. It helps a brand in Communicating its ideas and value with collaborators.
- Local Tie-Ups- Once you establish a business, you can reach out to the locals and advertise more about yourself. Once you have a professional rapport with people, they might strike a deal or collaborate with you. In the case of the Jute Manufacturing Business, you may go ahead; and sell your product to local vendors, who will help you with sales and promotion.
How to Establish and Register For a Jute Bag Manufacturing Business?
A Jute Bag can be easily made however, setting up the manufacturing unit is necessary. There are several things on hand: training, capital investment, researching raw material suppliers, understanding the market, production machinery, employees, registrations, etc.
To register for the Jute Bag Manufacturing Business venture as an MSME enterprise, you need to acquire several certifications-
- For trading in Jute bags in India, you need a trade license.
- To register as a private limited company, you must initiate company registration.
- The DIC or District Industries and Commerce Department of the State assists Small Scale Industries (SSI) units registered for industrial sheds, land and administrative support.
- The Goods and Service Tax (GST) is necessary to cover both the State and Central taxes for sales and waybills within and across states.
- Certification by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is necessary.
- Registration for the Importer Exporter Code (IEC).
Jute Bag Making Business Training Institutes
Surprisingly, you can expand your Jute Bag Making Business into a full-fledged profession. However, you should master the courses that will help you overpower this field. NCJD (National Centre for Jute Diversification) and the JMDC (Jute Manufacturers Development Council) have offered short-term courses with the training-
The courses they offer are as follows-
- Basic Training Programmed on Jute Bags Manufacture Training
- Advanced Training and Design Programmed
- Advance Training Programme on Making Jute Products.
- Technical know-how dissemination Programme
- Demonstrations of Jute Bags Manufacturing
- Buyer- Seller Meets.
Government schemes to promote Jute Export to India
- Market Development and Promotion Scheme- MDPS scheme centers around developing and expanding Jute markets while diversifying products within India and Abroad. It assists processes such as marketing and promoting to Jute Artisans, women self-help groups, Jute MSMEs, Jute exporters, and Jute millers.
- Export Market Promotion Activities- The government of India undertakes various activities under the banner of Export Marketing Promotion Activities. The activities encompass road shows, delegations, international seminars, and international conferences across India.
- Capital Subsidy for Acquisition of Plants & Machinery- CSAPM has been approved by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and implemented via the National Jute Board (NJB), an esteemed statutory body under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. The purpose of this scheme is to provide financial help to the beneficiaries for the purchase of Jute Diversified Products (JDP) manufacturing machinery. As of this, the Scheme is initiated under the National Jute Development Program, one of the schemes of NJDP During the 15th Finance Commission (2021-26)
Read Our Blog: How to Export Jute Products from India
The Jute industry is a significant and long-standing industry. The country has been trading this natural fibre since pre-independent India. All great qualities make Jute cost-effective and durable with a rise in demand. As a result, consumers have found themselves becoming conscious of their choices with their impact on the environment. Nonetheless, Jute is an ideal replacement for plastic bags and is sustainable. Such properties of Jute have been enabling retailers to shift their gaze in introducing eco-friendly packaging with Jute Bags catering to the ever-changing needs of users.
According to a survey, the Jute bag market value touched $ 1.9 Billion in the year 2020. Jute bags recorded an 11.5% CAGR from 2011 to 2018. The global jute bag market size reached $ 2.3 Billion in 2021. The market is expected to reach $ 3.3 Billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.4 % from 2022 to 2027.
Moreover, India holds the majority of shares and is the leading producer of jute bags. Additionally, the benefits of Jute Bags like low cost, and high strength have acted as a catalyst in the market growth.
We conclude that Jute Manufacturing Business in India is an environmentally sustainable business idea in India. The Market has witnessed exponential growth. It is anticipated that the demand will rise in the future as well. Provided the benefits of Jute making, it is a recommended business idea that can urge the teenagers and women of today to kick start their ventures. Get started just by availing the training, organizing capital, hiring people and marketing your product. Soon after, your brand will be launch-ready.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.