Introduction: Regulatory Compliance
Hey readers, we hope you are doing well. In this blog, we are going to talk about how you can manage the regulatory compliance of your company. Primarily, we need to understand why compliances are so important for any organization. India has the world’s third-largest start-up ecosystem but still, 80-90 percent of Indian firms fail in their business within the first five years of their start-up. One of the major reasons behind this is not having the proper compliance for the business. Regulatory compliance plays a really important role to make any business successful in several terms. Regulatory compliance is a really important and inescapable part of any running business. These compliances show that your organization follows all the rules (Laws) and regulations as per the government guidelines. But regulatory compliance could be a complex procedure for different types of Industries and the reason behind this is the increase in the number of requirements and regulations to ensure working transparency in the organization. That’s the reason, Government has formed regulatory compliances. Every organization has to follow the regulations of regulatory compliance and if they don’t follow the regulations then they may have to follow negative consequences.
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
What Are The Benefits Of Regulatory Compliance?
Here is a list of benefits of Regulatory compliance:
- Regulatory compliance shows the transparency of the organization which increases its reputation of the organization.
- It helps the organization to enhance the efficiency of working.
- Regulatory compliances reduce the risk of any type of penalty or punishment for the organization.
- Regulatory compliances also help to identify and analyze the loopholes in the working of the organization.
- Regulatory compliance helps an organization revise, observe, and improve its operating procedures of an organization.
How Companies Ensure Regulatory Compliance
Primarily, we have to identify the requirements of all the regulatory compliances, and then you clearly see what regulatory compliance you need for your business. You can take some outside help for the proper guidance of your regulatory compliance. Corpseed is one of the leading and established consultancy firms where you can get help to obtain any type of regulatory compliance. These are some common ways to understand the requirement of regulatory compliance for your organisation:
- Primarily, we need to observe the regulatory requirements for such industries. We can clearly determine the regulatory requirements of your industry. We need to find that our industry falls in which laws and regulations according to its location and business profile.
- Every industry has to follow some rules and regulations and you have to take compliance which ensures that you are following all the general requirements.
- Documenting all the compliances procedure plays a really important role because they help in auditing the organization. A fair number of documents of regulatory compliance help an organization they can avoid penalties and fines.
- An organization should monitor its standards and review them regularly. These reviews help an organization to check which compliances they need to renew by the time. This monitoring helps an organization to maintain all the regulatory compliances of the organisation.
Types of Regulatory Compliances
- Internal compliances: - Internal compliances are also known as the corporate compliances of a company. These compliances show the working protocols, rules, and codes of conduct of the business. These compliances help a small business maintain higher and proper operating standards and save a company from internal conflicts.
- External compliances: - Every industry must have some external compliances. These compliances have set timelines when the company has to renew them after a set amount of time. These compliances are imposed by the government authorities (regulatory agencies) and every industry has to follow them. External compliances help your business for registration as a registered business.
Here Is A List Of Compliance Certifications That Every Business Must Pursue:
- Commencement of business (within 180 days)
The declaration has to be submitted to the registrars by the directors of the company who serves as the higher authority of the business. Incorporation of the business plays a really important role for each and every business, the business or organization has to file for the commencement if the business within 180 days of starting business. This file would be proclaimed by using Form INC-20A. Applicants can get this form on the website of MCA (ministry of corporate affairs).
- Auditor Appointment (Within 30 days)
Any certified Chartered Accountant (CA) (Under the Chartered Accountant Act, 1949) who has completed his training in reviewing and verifying accounting data can be considered an auditor. Each and every organization has to appoint an auditor (According to the 2013 Companies Act's rules).
- Income Tax Return
All the companies which are doing their business in India have to file an income tax return every year. This helps them to be in compliance with the Income Tax Act, An organisation may be required to file a TDS return, pay advance tax, and file an income tax return. The biggest tax services platform in India Corpseed, offers you a variety of services including incorporation, filing GST returns, filing income taxes, and many more. Corpseed can also assist your organization with completing your company's income tax return and making sure it complies with the Income Tax Act and Rules.
- MCA Form AOC-4
The Board of Directors and shareholders of an organization use the financial statements as a basis for assessing a company's financial performance. The company's annual financial statement has been submitted on MCA form AOC 4 to the Registrar of Companies. The form must be properly filed by the company within 30 days of the annual general meeting.
- MCA Form MGT-7
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) provides all enterprises with an electronic form which is known as Form MGT 7, this form helps them to submit the Annual return of the company. This electronic form is maintained by the Registrar of the organization by an electronic machine and according to the company's statement of accuracy. It is a well-liked form among businesses that have to be submitted on the basis of the requirements of the ministry of corporate affairs.
- Company Incorporation
The process of incorporating a business and granting a company registration certificate is governed under the Companies Act of 2013 (the "Act"). This certificate can be registered by the registrar of the company. Section 2 (68) of the Companies Act 2013 clearly defines a private limited company. It is a type of business where stockholders hold the company's shares privately and it is not listed on the stock market. A private limited corporation can take the advantage of certain legal aspects.
In this article, we talked about how you can manage the regulatory compliance of your company. This article talks about the different types of regulatory compliances and the process to manage them. Hope the information in this article is easy to understand and is helpful. For more queries, you can visit our website Corpseed. We shall be glad to help you.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.