How to get Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC)
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
This is a certificate, which authenticates that an exporter dealing with certain products is registered with a certain agency/organization authorized by the Government of India. An exporter desiring to obtain a Registration -cum- Membership Certificate (RCMC) shall declare his main line of business in the application which shall be made to the Export Promotion Council Commodity Board relating to that line of business with addresses and other details. For seeking RCMC from APEDA may visit:
Issuing Authorities for RCMC are delineated below:
- For an exporter the option to obtain the RCMC is from the Federation of Indian Exporters Organizations (FIEO) or a relevant Export Promotion Council (EPC).
- A status holder has an option to obtain RCMC from Federation of Indian Exporters Organizations (FIEO).
- If the Export Product is not covered by the EPC, then the RCMC in respect thereof may be obtained from FIEO.
- Exporters of forest produce and their value added products shall obtain RCMC from Shellac and Forest Products Export Promotion Council (SHEFEXIL).
- Software exporters shall register themselves with Electronic and Computer Software EPC (ESC).
- Exporters of 14 services, listed in the Handbook of Procedures, shall register with Services EPC. Other service exporters are required to register with FIEO.
Who should apply for RCMC
The person who requires to apply for:
- An Authorization in order to Import/Export restricted Items.
- A person Applying for the benefit or concession under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) like Duty Drawback, Duty Credit Scrips, Etc.
Certificate of Registration as an Exporter of Spices (CRES) issued by Spices Board shall be treated as RCMC and no other RCMC is to be applied with any other Export Promotional Councils (EPC).
Registration Procedure for RCMC
- Sign-up through the APEDA Website. (Click on "Register as Member" link on the Home Page). ”.
- The Exporter requires first entering the basic detail, IE CODE, Email ID & Mobile Number and Submit the same.
- An OTP (One Time Password) for confirming the details will be sent on E-mail and Mobile number. Exporter should enter the OTP of mobile and E-mail on the verification screen to verify the both and click on Submit to proceed for application.
- After verification confirmation, exporter will require to fill online application and upload the required documents. The documents should be in the JPEG, PDF or PNG formats only.
- The exporter should enter all required information carefully and ensure correct information is submitted in the on- line application form.
- On-line application can be completed in one or more sessions by revisiting the website using the assigned OTP (One Time Password) of E-Mail and Mobile. After filling the fields, the exporter can save the information in between by using the Save button. The exporter can edit the filled data until online payment is not made.
- The exporter may submit registration fees of Rs. 5000/- excluding taxes = Rs. 5900/- (with GST)
- Online : Credit Card (MasterCard and Visa) Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Offline : Demand draft in favor of “APEDA” payable at respective cities of APEDA offices
- (Note: - APEDA GST No. – 07AAAJA1150H1ZU)
- After completion of Payment process an application number will be generated. Please note the Application number for future reference.
- On issuance of RCMC, Login detail is sent to the registered email of the exporter. The Exporter may login in to their account through “Exporter Login” link given at APEDA website.
- The exporter can view the status of the RCMC application by clicking the "Track Application" link to view the status of application by submitting the IE Code and Application number until it is issued.
- In case of any shortcoming is observed in the application the exporter will require to resubmit the document online. Therefore, exporter is required to monitor the status of the RCMC application as informed above at Step 10.
Following documents are required with application form:
- Self-certified copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities.
- In case the exporter desired to register as Manufacturer Exporter, they should furnish a self- attested copy of the registration of the company with the relevant certification agencies for the products given below: -