Call Us


Welcome to Corpseed. Please type your query, and we shall provide immediate assistance.


How to get Consent/NOC from Haryana State Pollution Control Board


Introduction: Haryana State Pollution Control Board

All new industries/projects renewing their policies or expanding their operations need to get consent from the State as well as Central govt. to operate, where they have to adhere to certain processes and set of policies set forth for the same.

--------------Blog Contact Form-------------

Consent Under Water Act, 1974 / Air Act, 1981:

  • Anybody discharging effluent or Air emission is required to obtain Consent.
  • After first trial consent, the new units are required to obtain consent to operate and old units are required to obtain renewal of consent within the expiry period of all consents.
  • All the units chasing regular consent to operate or renewal of consent are required to submit the Composite form along with Balance sheet duly certified by the Chartered Accountant, affidavit of no change in process, consent & sample testing fee etc, also with checklist of documents & cess return to the concerned Regional Office or Head Office as instructed.

Extension of Consent Period:-

  • The Haryana State Pollution Control Board also announced a scheme of extension of consent for further period for those units which had abided by Environment laws in previous years both under Water and Air Acts and also applied for extension of consent on or before announced date.
  • In case of extension cases the sampling would be done after or before the grant of consent. Units applying for consent after prescribed date will be required to deposit charges of three times samples in addition to action under the Water & Air Act.
  • All units working without taking No Objection Certificate or applying for consent are liable for action under Water Act /Air Act without any notice.
  • Total period of grant of consent (including the extension period) has been given as under:


Time Period

Stone Crushers & Hot Mix Plants 1 Year
17 categories of large & medium (SSI Unit) 2 Years
19 categories of large & medium (SSI Unit) 5 Years
Other Large & Medium Units &  others (Polluting Industries) 5 Years
Industries having no trade effluent or air emission 10 Years
Brick Kilns 10 Years
  • The Unit is required to deposit Consent and Testing Fee for the period of Application.
  • The Unit shall apply for Consent to the concerned Regional Office by the date as given by the Head Office or one month before the expiry of current Consent.
  • There will be no need to submit the analysis for small boilers having capacity up to 2 tones/hour of steam generated.
  • The Ambient Air Quality Report is required only in case of Large & Medium units of 17 categories of industries or where the specific complaint is received.
  • Units using water for cooling need not submit test report.
  • In case there is 25% or more increase in effluent discharge quantity as compared to previous year, the unit is required to deposit fees as a fresh consent case.
  • In case the industry is found noncomplying even after grant of consent the Board shall be at liberty to revoke/withdraw the consent to operate already issued & to take legal action under the provisions of the Water, Air or Environment Protection act as considered appropriate.

Checklist for consent application to Haryana State Pollution Control Board

  • Composite Application Form
  • Index Site Plan
  • Detailed layout of different processes showing position of stacks/points of waste discharge
  • Certified copy of balance sheet
  • Process flow chart
  • Latest analysis report/ testing fee
  • Detail of ETP/APCM existing & proposed
  • Proof of Authorized signatory
  • Consent fee Rs._____ Demand Draft No ______Date________
  • Affidavit for no change in process for no trade (Effluent/ no air emission)
  • Sanction letter of sewer connection to be submitted in specific cases where the complaints or objections raised by concerned department or the public.
  • Sanction letter from the irrigation Deptt. for discharging effluent in Drain/river/water body (17 & 19 categories of industries discharging there effluent Directly./indirectly into water bodies/canals/rivers)
  • Memorandum of Article/ partnership deed of the firm

For more information, get in touch with Corpseed Team

Further Resort : Appeal For Haryana State Pollution Control Board Consent / Registration

In case the Haryana Pollution Control Board refuses Consent under Water and Air Act, then the industry is at liberty to file appeal before the prescribed authority on the prescribed form along with Appeal fee.

This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.


Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.


Experienced Digital Marketer with a demonstrated history of working in the Internet industry. He likes to write about the latest technology trends, Skilled in Digital Marketing likes. Search Engine Optimization, SMO, SEM, PPC, Content Writing, ...

Learn More >>