What is an ePan Card?
The e-PAN number is a unique 12-digit alphanumeric identity that is allotted to each individual taxpayer by the Income Tax Department. It is a mandatory requirement for filing income tax returns. E-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card in electronic or digital format. The process of getting an e-PAN has been simplified and all you need is an aadhar card and mobile number. You can get an e-PAN card online through the official e-portal of the Income Tax Department.
Table of Contents
- What is an ePan Card?
- Prerequisites for using the Instant e-PAN service:
- How to get an e-PAN?
- How to check the status of e-PAN?
- Now, let's see how to view and download your e-PAN post login
- Who can apply for e-PAN?
- What documents are required for the new e-PAN?
- Format of e-PAN
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Prerequisites for using the Instant e-PAN service:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be an individual, who has not been allotted PAN
- Have a valid Aadhaar and mobile number linked to Aadhaar
You must NOT:
- Be a minor on the date of request
- Be covered under the definition of "Representative Assesses" under Section 160 of the Income Tax Act
How to get an e-PAN?
Here's how to apply for an e-PAN:
- Step 01: On the e-Filing home page, click Instant e-PAN.
- Step 02: On the e-PAN page, Click Get New e-PAN.
- Step 03: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, select the "I confirm that" box after reading and understanding the conditions below it, and click Continue.
- Step 04: Read the consent terms, and click the "I have read the consent terms and agree to proceed further" box, then click Continue.
- Step 05: Enter the 6-digit OTP, click the "I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI" box, and click Continue.
- Step 06: On the Validate Aadhar Details Page, your Aadhar e-KYC details are displayed
It is recommended to validate your email ID from Aadhar e-KYC for the PAN database on the page. If there's no email ID listed, you will get the "Link Email ID" option. by which you can enter your email ID to link it, followed by OTP validation. Click Validate email, and you will receive a 6-digit OTP on the email address.
Then After, Click the “I accept that” box after reading the condition below it
- Step 07: Then After you will get the acknowledgment number to the mobile number specified in your Aadhar e-KYC
How to check the status of e-PAN?
- Click on the e-PAN page, click Continue on Check Status/Download e-PAN.
- Enter your Aadhar Number and click continue
- Then after, enter the 6 Digit Aadhar OTP, click continue
- On the next page, you will see the status of your e-PAN request. When your e-PAN is allotted, you will be able to view or download it from this page.
Now, let's see how to view and download your e-PAN post login
Click View/Download e-PAN from the Services Menu and Enter your aadhar number, you will get the 6-Digit Aadhar OTP.
You will be able to view and download your e-PAN
Who can apply for e-PAN?
PAN applicants who have a UIDAI Aadhaar number and have registered their mobile phone with Aadhaar are eligible to apply for an instant e-PAN.
What documents are required for the new e-PAN?
The primary requirement for getting an e-PAN is that you must have a valid Aadhaar card.
Format of e-PAN
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.