Understanding About Dimmers
A Dimmer is a kind of an electronic device which is used for the purpose of varying the brightness of the light. With respect to the RMS voltage, variation can be brought to the intensity that is associated with the light output.
Dimmers come in variable sizes, used in the small units for domestic purposes to be used on a large scale. The professionally used Dimmers are regulated with the help of a control system, for example DMX.
- BIS Registration: Dimmers for LED Products
- Dimmers for LED Products is a product that has been included under the BIS Registration scheme, on a mandatory basis. It is to be registered under the Indian Standard Number IS 60669-2-1:2008.
- Without procuring registration under BIS, the dimmers for LED Products cannot be sold within the confinements of an Indian market. Besides this, the above-mentioned product cannot be imported/exported, if it has not been registered.
For all the manufacturers of the Dimmers, it is considered necessary to obtain the BIS registration, in order that such a product garners reliability in the eyes of consumers and assure them about the quality of the product.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Latest Notification
A notification was released by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, dated 1st October, 2020. By virtue of such a notification, certain product categories were specified to be added in the schedule as given under “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for compulsory registration) order, 2012.
Out of the seven product categories, one of them is with respect to the Dimmers for LED Products, having the Indian Standard Number as IS 60669-2-1:2008.
The product namely “Dimmers” is one such product that has been added in conformity to the power floating from clause 10 (1) (p) as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, different categories of products were added, including that of the Dimmers for LED Product, which was in pursuance of clause (FA) of the rule 13, as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Rules, 1987.
The order came into effect on 1st April, 2021. However the date on which the order was sought to be implemented was set at 1st October, 2021.
According to the order, there should not be any distribution of the goods or any other related import activity by a manufacturer or a person, given that such goods need to conform to the Indian Standard as mentioned in the order.
What are the Product Guidelines Governing the Dimmers for LED Products?
Given below are certain series guidelines for Dimmers for LED Products under CRO Phase-V:
- In the first place, the input voltage needs to be exactly the same.
- It is to be ensured that the class of construction needs to be the same.
- Concerning the power transformer, the insulation system needs to be the same together with the same design.
- With respect to the enclosure material, it needs to be the same, with an exception in the decorative arts and the associated differences.
- Pertaining to the PCB, the design layout needs to be the same.
- Also, the IP rating needs to be the same.
Private Limited Company Registration
Private Limited Company registration is the legal process of incorporating a company as a private limited entity under the Companies Act, 2013 in India. A Private Limited Company is a type of company that is privately held and has limited liability for its shareholders.
Public Limited Company
A public limited business structure is great for long run but has more regulatory. Apart from all the advantages of private limited company. It has the ability to have any number of members, ease in transfer of shareholding and more transparency.
Indian Subsidiary Company Registration
Foreign subsidiaries are of great value as they allow Indian companies to expand their operations globally. By establishing a foreign subsidiary, the Indian company can enter new markets, access new customers, and diversify its revenue streams. Additionally, foreign subsidiaries can provide Indian companies with tax benefits, as they may be subject to lower tax rates in the foreign country.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.