Introduction: PCB Factory
PCBs or better called printed circuit boards have found their application in relatively all the electronic items ranging from the daily use items like the smart phones to even in the electronic items that are used in the medical field.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: PCB Factory
- Is There Any Market Potential in Relation to PCB?
- What is the Scope of PCB Manufacturing in India?
- PCB Manufacturing: Tapping on the Business Setup
- What Raw Materials are Needed in PCB Manufacturing?
- What Are the Required Tools and Machineries in PCB Manufacturing?
- Are There Any Challenges that Might show in PCB Manufacturing?
- What Compliances or Government Approvals are Required in PCB Manufacturing?
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Concerning the entrepreneurs, the PCB can provide altogether a realistic opportunity that carries the potential to be explored further, especially by the ones who are acquainted with the technical know-how.
The business related to the PCB manufacturing can be kick started with only a meagre amount of capital together with the presence of a small infrastructure. This business can flourish in the Indian market as the future seems bright with many big opportunities that can surface.
Read Our Blog: How to start PCB Manufacturing Factory in India
Numerous components of the electronic items embrace the use of the PCB as the base. Moreover the PCB provides the route for connectivity and finds its applicability in components like that of the resistors and transformers. Other electronic components wherein the PCB is used includes the capacitors and diodes.
Is There Any Market Potential in Relation to PCB?
It is no hidden fact that the Indian market has more to offer and is ready to embrace and welcome the new ventures. With respect to the industry that deals in electronic devices, it can be said that it is very promising and is expected to touch the mark of approximately 400 billion dollars by the time it is 2022.
In addition to this, it is estimated that the manufacturing taking place in the domestic setting can seemingly climb up to over 100 billion dollar. These estimates possibly showcase the underlying potential that is related to the PCB market.
In accordance with the study that was conducted, it has surfaced that the demand with respect to the PCB is expected to grow at the percentage of 20.56 on an annual basis. All the electronic items that are used by the consumers including that of the automotive electronics can be construed to be the major force behind the industry that revolves around PCB.
There is an equal demand for both the bare board as well as the PCBs that are the populated ones. Minor chunk of this demand is fulfilled by the manufacturers that work at the local level.
Therefore we can come to a conclusion that now is the right time to tap on the potential of the business that is set to deal with the PCB assembly.
What is the Scope of PCB Manufacturing in India?
The PCB industry in the Indian scenario would only be able to meet the required targets along with growth that is sustainable, only when there is cooperation from the government. A level playing field has to be ensured along with the need to erect the infrastructure viable to the manufacturing process. At the same time it must also be ensured that there is enough availability of the facilities.
If active support is achieved from the side of the government then it would be beneficial for not only the PCB industry but also the overall ecosystem that deals with the electronic devices. Everything would flow in alignment with the make in India initiative and strengthen the roots of the domestic demand.
Above everything, the PCB manufacturing industry must take into account that the environment might also get affected by the intensity of the toxic chemicals that are largely used in the manufacturing of the PCBs.
The concern revolves around the inability pertaining to the materials that cannot be recycled or disposed of in the viable ways. Inkjet technology is being utilized nowadays so that the toxic emissions can be prevented from being released into the environment. This technology assures that those electronic devices can be manufactured that entail lower costs and are much thinner in comparison to the traditional ones.
PCB Manufacturing: Tapping on the Business Setup
Manufacturing units with respect to the PCB can be categorized in accordance with the size of operation which is as follows:
- In the first place, it is about the manufacturing units that are based on relatively larger volumes.
- Second category includes those manufacturing units that are based on small volumes.
- On the third basis, comes the turn of those manufacturing units that are based on the small volumes followed by fast delivery systems.
- Last but not the least, comes those manufacturing units that are small volume based and entails the design that is complex in itself.
In respect of all these categories, all the requirements might entail variation. These requirements can run from machinery to the utilities like electricity etc.
What Raw Materials are Needed in PCB Manufacturing?
There is an extensive need for the raw materials that are required in the process of PCB manufacturing. For the manufacturing process to begin, there is a need for the base in the first place which is highly crucial.
The PCB is composed of numerous layers that provide an edge to its functioning. Given below are the raw material that must be fetched so that the manufacturing can be carried out:
- Substrate is the verys first component that acts to provide the much required rigidity in the structure of the PCB. It is used as the base material of the PCB.
- Copper is one of the raw materials that is enjoined to the PCB since it imparts the required conductivity. It is usually added to its functional sides.
- In addition, the solder mask is also required which finds its place on the very top of the layer that entails the copper. This solder mask is the element that helps in imparting the green colour to the PCB, which is indeed its characteristic colour. It also makes sure that there is no shorting by insulating the traces of the copper. The presence of the solder ensures that everything is well placed into its allocated location. It is indeed an essential component that ensures there is no hindrance in the manufacturing of the PCB.
- The PCB board entails the final layer wherein the white silkscreen is required. With the help of silkscreen, labels can be added to the PCB that too in the form of characters and it can also be added in the form of symbols. Besides the above mentioned thing, the silkscreen aids in pointing toward the placement with respect to the components of the PCB on the board.
All the raw materials somehow or the other way round share similarities to some extent, however the substrate might show variation. It must be noted that the substrate material pertaining to the PCB undergoes changes in accordance to the requirements related to the finished product which can include the aspects of relatively lower cost and can also include the aspect of bendability.
What Are the Required Tools and Machineries in PCB Manufacturing?
In order to give effect to the PCB manufacturing process, the following machineries would be required which can even be tools:
- The very first machinery that is indeed important is called the heat wave soldering machine.
- On the second basis, the next much needed machine is named as the oscilloscope.
- The next machine is called the LCR-Q meter.
- PCB manufacturing cannot be possibly imagined if there is no function generator, therefore it is also important machinery.
- There should be the supply of power in the range of (0-30V).
- A digital millimeter comes handy as the next machine.
- One would also require an analogue millimeter for the manufacturing of PCB to take place.
- Yet another tool that would be required is the use of the magnifying glass that must come fitted with the tube light.
- A soldering station is highly important to have that should be temperature controlled.
- A soldering iron is a necessary equipment which should be fetched, preferably of 25W.
- A rheostat is a much needed tool required in PCB manufacturing.
On the basis of final product and other compliances demarcating the quality, there might arise the need to have additional machinery from time to time. These additionally required machineries can be jotted down below:
- There might be need for the screw drivers as the additional machinery which has t o be torque controlled. They can be used to tighten the screws and also give a push to the production work. In respect of such screws, many models can be found out that are available in categories like that of the electric ones and on the other hand the pneumatic ones. With respect to the category that talks about the electric ones, it can be both AC and DC.
- On the other hand, the manufacturer might require the liquid dispensers for the purpose of dispensing the glue or any other solder paste. The dispensers come in all varieties including that of the general dispensers or the valve controllers.
- Rework machinery can also be needed along with the BGA.
- Other tools that might be needed include the cable strippers and the much needed wire. Besides this, electronic pliers or the crimping tools are also necessary.
Are There Any Challenges that Might show in PCB Manufacturing?
The PCB manufacturing industry will possibly have to face numerous challenges that might show at any stage, some of them can be jotted down below:
- The first challenge can surface when there is inefficiency in the supply of the raw materials. This might seem like a smaller issue but the fact cannot be ignored that if at any time there is shortage with respect to the raw materials then it probably causes a hindrance in the manufacturing process.
- The major challenge that could stand in the sturdy position is with respect to the requirements in relation to the capex that must be probably higher.
- Another challenge can present itself when there occurs a lack with respect to the newer technologies. The same challenge can also be presented when there is less access to the manufacturing facilities.
- It might give rise to the playing field that can be unfair in many respects. This can probably arise since it is quite evident that other countries might have better access to the aspect of finance that too at a much lower cost.
- Inefficiencies can possibly pose a bundle of challenges which can appear in the form of logistics inefficiencies or that of the infrastructural inefficiencies.
- The policies that are well in operation can invariably conflict with the industry pertaining to the electronic items. The conflict can show up at any possible stage from the very first step of collecting the raw materials to the final product.
What Compliances or Government Approvals are Required in PCB Manufacturing?
In accordance with the laws prescribed under the constitution with respect to labour laws, it is to be noted that the subject related to the labour falls under the concurrent list. MOLE is the entity that deals with this subject as defined under the labour departments located in the states respectively.
Statutes with respect to workplace safety have very well been enacted by the MOLE that concerns the workers who work tirelessly in the manufacturing sectors and other construction sites.
In addition numerous statutes have been enacted by the government of India that governs various health-related aspects with respect to the operations and the various equipment. Few of them are jotted down below:
- The Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Electronic Rules, 1989:
The above-mentioned rules have been provisioned under the umbrella of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986. Within the framework of these rules, the aim is to deal with the handling of the chemicals that are hazardous in nature.
- Numerous integrations:
With respect to any electrical industry, there has to be integrations that can either be forward or backward. These integrations would act as the strategies so that in a way better control can be gained with respect to the supply chain and the competitiveness can be increased.
- The much-needed training sessions or the courses:
Pertaining to this industry, there is no such need of specialized training but it would be a cherry on the cake if there is a bachelor’s degree in Electrical studies by the enterpriser. The employees can be trained at regular intervals by the promoter so that the business can be given a kick start and can witness growth without any problem.
It can be concluded in a nutshell that there is a huge scope pertaining to the PCB manufacturing business in India. The only difference lies in the need to tap on the opportunity and make better use of it.
Once all the machinery and raw materials are in place together with the ample land needs, then it would become very easy to establish the factory that manufactures the PCB. The sustenance would be ensured for the longer run if there is support from the government and the policies are well aligned.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.