You Need to Know About Eating House License Registration
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
An eating house license is a requirement for operating a business where any type of food or drink is legally available for consumption. The Delhi Police Act governs the situation. The license, along with other licenses, is required when starting a food business in India.
What is an Eating House:
The first step in understanding the criteria for acquiring an eating house license is to define what an eating house is. "Any location that sells various things linked to food or drink to the general public for consumption is classified as an eating house," according to the definition. This includes all stores, restaurants, dhaba, food trucks, cafés, and other food and beverage enterprises.
Who issues the Eating House License:
According to the Delhi Police Act, the license must be applied for through the City/State Police Headquarters and the Police Commissioner following the verification of documentation will issue the license.
Process for Applying Eating House License:
There are three phases in the process of acquiring a license:
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit the papers.
- Meet the Additional Commissioner of police.
The following are the detailed processes required in acquiring the license:
- The applicant first needs to create login credentials on the MHA portal for applying for the Eating house license. After filing some basic details and click on submit option, the applicant will receive the login credentials on his/her email.
- The next step is to complete the license application and upload the required documentation.
- After submitting all of the required papers, the applicant must go to the state's Additional Commissioner of Police for application verification and document scrutiny.
- The applicant must then contact the relevant department for a status update on the application. The funds paid will be lost by the government if the application is denied due to any incomplete or false information.
- Finally, if the application and documentation supplied are sufficient, the applicant will be granted an eating house license within 45-60 days.
Documents required for the Eating House License:
The following are the list of documents required for commence eating house:
Eating House Site-related Documents:-
- The Eating House's location plan, Photographs of the same, A fire safety certification that applies to eating establishments that seat at least 50 people at a time.
- The proof of installed surveillance systems or CCTV, as well as a minimum of 30 days of video recording, including the installation or invoice data for CCTV, and so on.
- Proof of premise ownership, tenancy, or lease (registered lease/rent deed/sale deed) – A self-attested No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the owner of the property.
- The Indian Performing Rights Society (IPRS) has given authorization for entertainment activities such as DJs, live bands, and discotheques to take place.
Applicant Related Documents:
- Identity proof like PAN card, Aadhar Card.
- Proof of residence like Passport, Voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Bank account.
- Partnership deed for the Firm.
- Certificate of incorporation, Memorandum of Association, and Article of association for the Private/Public limited company.
Director and Employee-related Documents:
- The current Form 32, as well as a complete list of Director Names.
- On the company's letterhead, the nomination for the Authorized signatory.
- The board of directors passed a resolution for the purpose of conducting business.
- The list of all the staff who work in the restaurant. It should include information about the food handler, such as name, parent, age, and residence.
- A certificate of registration issued by the Department of Labor.
- Trade License issued by Municipal Corporation (MCD).
- FSSAI License.
- GST Certificate.
- A consent letter from Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC).
- Police clearance certificate.
Renewal of the License:
When the license's validity period expires, the license will be renewed. The license's validity is determined by the issuing authority; hence, the license's validity differs from state to state. The license is usually good for three years. The procedure for renewing a license is identical to that of applying for a new one.
Cancellation of the License:
In the following conditions, the authority that gives the license reserves the power to revoke it:
- The authority can terminate the license after providing the applicant a sufficient chance to be heard if the applicant breaches the rules published at the time of issuing the license or does not follow the instructions given.
- If the applicant intends to close the eatery for a specific reason, it may apply to the authorities for the license to be surrendered. As a result, the license will be revoked by the authorities.
If the applicant's license is ripped, damaged, or degraded, he or she can request a duplicate by paying the required payments. The authorities will assess the application and decide whether or not to approve it. One of the several licenses necessary to operate a food company in India is an eating house license. In order to run a respectable business, you must get the same.
Eating House License is an important document which needs to get to start an eating house. Hence, it should be the priority to get the license as soon as possible to commence the eating house.
If you are into food business with revenue above 20 Lakhs, you must obtain an FSSAI License before starting operations. Corpseed can help you to obtain FSSAI state license for your business. Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back.
FSSAI Central License PAN India in no time. In case if you are into food industry with annual turnover above Rs.20 Crores, you must obtain a FSSAI Central License. Team Corpseed will help you to obtain FSSAI central license.
Eating house License
Apply for Eating House License to avoid any penalties from state police department. No Hidden Fees. 100% money back assured. No visit to Govt office. fast delivery. track order online.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.