The Indian Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley mentioned a new programme called Ayushman Bharat Program. Under this scheme, two major health sector initiatives have been announced, which are-
- Establishment of health and wellness centres
- National health protection scheme
Table of Contents
Key points of the Ayushman Bharat scheme:
- Under Ayushman Bharat or the national health protection scheme, every eligible family will be given rs.5 lakh insurance coverage benefit per year
- Benefits under this scheme are not limited to any individual hospital or branch. The patient can avail benefit from any empanelled hospital across the country.
- The patient can visit any public or private (empanelled) hospital for treatment.
- Cashless treatment facilities for patients.
Good health care is essential for well-being. But the large numbers of people in our country are fighting against various types of diseases. Financially sound people reach to top-class private hospitals and get rid of their health problems quite easily.
But the poor people have to struggle a lot. They don’t have that much money to take treatment in high-cost private hospitals, they have to do the arrangement of money and go for a government hospital for treatment.
Many times poor people are unable to buy medicine because of the sky-high price of medicines. So overall it can be said that the condition of poor people in respect of poor in respect of good health is very poor. For long the need for policy was felt that could help such people.
For more details, Please Visit
Features of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
- Under this scheme insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakh will be given.
- The expected premium will be not more than 2000 per year out of which 60% premium will be borne by the Central government and 40% premium will be borne by the State government.
- Almost 100 million poor families will be covered under this scheme.
Objectives of Ayushman Bharat Programme 2018-2022
- Focus on the wellness of poor families.
- Providing medical benefits to poor families.
- Establishing health and wellness centers at nearer distances, so that patients will not have to travel a long distance.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana- two major health initiatives
While explaining the Ayushman Bharat Programme, Mr Arun Jaitley Mentioned that “health and Wellness” centres will be established. These centers will provide comprehensive health care. These centres will also be responsible for providing free drugs and diagnostics services.
National Health Protection Scheme
This scheme is also a part of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The national health protection scheme will cover 10 crores, poor families. The approximate number of beneficiaries under this scheme will be 50 crore.
Under this scheme, medical coverage of Rs.5 lack per family, per year will be given. This is going to be the world’s largest government-funded healthcare scheme.
How To Apply For Ayushman Bharat Program/Scheme
First of all, let’s make it very clear that “Ayushman Bharat” is not a single scheme; it is a collection of two major health schemes which are
- Health and wellness centres establishment
- National health protection scheme
The establishment of health and wellness center will be done by the government directly.
But the second scheme, which is the National health protection scheme, will be launched for poor families. On 15th august 2018, the government will share all the guidelines related to applying for this scheme.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.