Company Annual Return Overview
Annual return is the details of the company which stands as on the closing of the financial year. Annual Returns provides the annual information about the company to the Registrar Of Companies and companies members and the general information.
Table of Contents
- Company Annual Return Overview
- Objectives Of Company Annual Return
- Preparation of Company's Annual Return
- Contents of Company Annual Return
- Authentication of Company Annual Return
- OPC (person Company) and Small Company Annual Return Filing
- Private Limited Companie Annual Return Filing
- Public Limited Companies Annual Return Filing
- Section 8 Companies under Companies Act,2013/ old section 25 of Companies Act, 1956 Annual Return Filing
- LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)Annual Return Filing
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Objectives Of Company Annual Return
Annual returns are filed within 60 days from the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to the Registrar of Companies annually to share the information in the summarised form of the gone year and contain information like Share capital, shareholders, name of Directors, Secretary its members, registered office address, corporate governance disclosure, etc. Annual returns must be filed in Form within 60 days from the date of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and in case AGM is not held then within 60 days from the date it should have been held.
Preparation of Company's Annual Return
Every company shall prepare an Annual Return in the Prescribed form containing the particulars as they stand on the closing of the financial year.
Contents of Company Annual Return
- Registered Place of business, main activity, holding, subsidiary, and associated companies if any.
- Profit and Loss Account, Balance sheet statement.
- Shares, debentures, debt-equity, secured/unsecured loans, shareholding pattern, Deposits and other securities, turnover, and net worth of the company.
- Members, debenture holders any change in the last year's Pattern.
- Promoters, Directors, Key Managerial Position holders, and any change from the previous year.
- Meetings of members, class of meetings, board meetings, other committees with attendance details.
- Directors and Key managerial personnel’s remuneration.
- Penalty, punishment on Directors or officers of the company, details of compounding of offences, penalty, punishment, appeals filed against, judgments if any.
- Certificate of compliance disclosure matters if any as prescribed.
- Foreign Institutional investors if any there registration, percentage of shareholding, name address, and countries of incorporation.
- Any other matters as prescribed.
Authentication of Company Annual Return
Annual Return shall be signed by –
- a director and the company secretary, or
- and if there is no company secretary, by a Company Secretary in practice (PCS)
OPC (person Company) and Small Company Annual Return Filing
Annual Return shall be signed by –
- the company secretary, or
- And if there is no company secretary, by the director of the Company.
Companies Required to comply with Annual Filing:- (MGT-7 and AOC-4)
- Every company registered under the Companies Act,2013 or 1956, has to file in e- Form AOC 4 financial statements including the Director's report and Annual Return in e-Form MGT 7 within 60 days from the conclusion of AGM (Annual General Meeting).
- Companies who have not done the Annual Compliance and fillings and their name has been published in strike-off Public Notice.
- Director(s) Disqualified under section 164(2) of the Companies Act,2013 for non-compliance of Annual filling.
Private Limited Companie Annual Return Filing
All Private limited companies should file Annual returns to maintain compliance with the Ministry of Corporate affairs. All such companies should conduct an Annual General Meeting AGM at the end of each financial year.
A newly incorporated company can have an AGM within 18 months from the date of incorporation or 9 months from the date of closing financial year, whichever is earlier. In India, the financial year is from 1st April to 31st March so Annual returns become due on 30th September.
Public Limited Companies Annual Return Filing
Annual return in Form MGT-7
If, the total paid-up capital equals or exceeds Rs. Ten Crore or its annual turnover crosses Rs. Fifty Crore, then, there will be the requirement of filing the Form MGT-8 (Certification of Annual Return) also, within 60 days from the end of the financial year.
Financial Statements in AOC-4 (CFS, XBRL)
Section 8 Companies under Companies Act,2013/ old section 25 of Companies Act, 1956 Annual Return Filing
Annual return for Section 8 Company
Every section 8 company in India has to file the annual return with ROC (Registrar of Companies).
(Section 8 pertains to promoting commerce, art, science, sports, education, research, social welfare, religion, charity, protection of the environment, etc, It is for charitable or not-for-profit purposes. A Section 8 Company is the same as a Trust or Society except that a section 8 Company is registered under the Central Government's Ministry of Corporate Affairs whereas Trusts and Societies are registered under State Government regulations.)
LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)Annual Return Filing
LLPs must file their Annual Return within 60 days from the end of the close of the financial year and Statement of Account and Solvency within 30 days from the end of six months of the close of the financial year. LLPs mandatorily have to maintain their financial year, from April 1st to March 31st. So, the annual return is due on May 30th. The Statement of Account & Solvency is due on October 30 of every financial year. In addition to the MCA annual return, LLPs must also mandatorily file an income tax returns every year.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.