Introduction: Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB)
In the state of Maharashtra, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) is implementing various environmental legislations. It basically includes Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, Water Act, 1977. MPCB is basically functioning under the administrative control of Environment Department of Government of Maharashtra.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB)
- Industry that needs Consent/permission of MPCB
- Prescribed Form For Consent
- Fees of MPCB
- Restrictions on setting of any Industry in Maharashtra
- Documents Required To Aapply For MPCB Licence | Certificate
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Some of the important functions of MPCB
- Planning of comprehensive program for the prevention, control or abatement of pollution and secure executions thereof,
- Collection and disseminating of information relating to pollution and the prevention, control or abatement thereof,
- To Support and encourage the developments in the fields of pollution control, waste recycle reuse, eco-friendly practices etc.
- Educating and guiding the entrepreneurs in improving environment by suggesting appropriate pollution control technologies and techniques
- To create public awareness about the clean and healthy environment and attending the public complaints regarding pollution.
Industry that needs Consent/permission of MPCB
Types of MPCB consent
Three types of consent issued under the provisions of Water (P & CP) Act 1974 and Air (P & CP) Act, 1981 are as follows:-
Consent to Establish
All the industries and activities who need consent must obtain consent to establish before actual commencement of the works for establishing the industry/activity.
Consent to Operate
This consent has to be taken before actual commencement of production including trial production. This consent is valid for specific period of time.
Renewal of Consent to Operate
After certain period, the consent to operate is renewed after certain period.
Prescribed Form For Consent
For the convenience of the entrepreneurs, a combined application form under Water & Air Act and Authorization under Hazardous Waste (M & H) Rules, 1989 has recently been introduced in the state of Maharashtra for consent.
Fees of MPCB
For consent to operate, the industries can also pay fees for longer period up to 5 terms.
The fees for authorization under Hazardous waste (M&H) Rules 1989 are for a period of 5 years. The fees are payable at Sub-Regional offices of the Board along with completely filled application form in the form of demand draft.
Restrictions on setting of any Industry in Maharashtra
The entrepreneurs are suggested to see the applicable restrictions for sitting of new industry or its expansion.
Documents Required To Aapply For MPCB Licence | Certificate
Documents that need to be submitted along with MPCB application form are as follows
- Detailed project report (DPR) about the project proposed.
- Documents that pertain to location, 7-12 certificate, plot area available /allotment letter from MIDC and NOC from relevant authority.
- Detail information of capacity proposed, products and by products expected and raw material consumption.
- Detailed description of process with flow diagram.
- Detail information of boiler, cogeneration if any, backup power D G sets proposed.
- Source of fresh water and its withdrawal permission, water utilization, recycle and reuse.
- Power requirement and its permission from MSEDCL.
- Details Water balance.
- Requirement of man power, working days, season / off-season days
- Detail information of air pollution control equipments, treatment proposed for spent wash, size of chimney and method of disposal of ash,
- Detail information of existing ETP, capacity, input / output parameters, unit wise sizes and
- Process flow diagram
- Air quality monitoring certificate
- Details of hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation
- Disposal arrangement for the effluent, membership certificates of CETP and CHWTSDF if available.
- Detail information of storage capacity of chemicals, products, raw material, fuels etc. planned.
- Rainwater harvesting proposed, storm water drainage system available.
- Fire protection, safety, disaster management, occupational health measures that need to be adopted.
- Risk analysis due to hazardous chemicals
- Opposed open area, greenbelt development area and list of trees that is proposed to be planted
- Project layout drawing.
- Detail information of investment with proposal for environmental protection
- Copy for analysis of joint vigilance report from pollution control board / laboratory
- Details of any litigation against company
- Any notices and /or bank guarantee that has been given to pollution control board, etc.
- Any other documents as may be called by authorities from time to time.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.