Introduction: Apparel Export Promotion Council
The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) was created in 1978 as the government-authorized organization for the exporters of apparel and garments for the assistance and promotion of Indian exporters and importers since the Indian Territory is regarded as a large market by international businessmen. It works together with specialized members on the creation of new standards, their adaptation to emerging innovations, and their development. It helps in the delivery of goods and services to the global market; the development of the domestic industry; and the training of the workforce for clothing design and training to impart education in production, manufacturing, quality control, merchandising, and other areas.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Apparel Export Promotion Council
- Brief Facts About the AEPC
- Qualifications for AEPC Membership
- Benefits of the Membership of AEPC
- The Registration Process at the DGFT
- Documents Required for Registration at AEPC/ATDC Offices
- Registration fee Required at the Time of Filling of Application at the AEPC/ATDC Offices
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
The Apparel Export Promotion Council has developed a new RCMC and online membership registration system in accordance with the DGFT requirements. Online membership registration aims to facilitate exporters' data storage and to universally modify the export process and AEPC usage to address RCMC-related issues. The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) for Exporters and Importers regulates the use of RCMC/RC services and renewal via the E-RCMC website. According to the Foreign Trade Development and Regulation Act of 1992 (as amended in 2010), the registration certificate (RC) is issued by the registering authorities, Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce, Government of India.
Brief Facts About the AEPC
The AEPC is a reputable government agency with offices all over the country and a headquarters in Okhla, Gurgaon. The organization's main areas of focus are the promotion and facilitation of Indian garment exports as well as domestic garment manufacturing. Indian exporters and manufacturers may turn to APEC for reliable guidance before entering the global market. The organization works with international fairs and trade delegations, as well as seeking customers for exports to other nations. The organization works on growth and export measures and marketing activities, provides data on foreign trade policy and budgets, trade agreements, PTAs, tariff monitoring, and other restrictive trade practices for importing and exporting purposes, assists in determining the range of products in markets, and conducts trade delegation surveys to assess the potential of exporting products. It demonstrates the advantages of integrating enterprises and dealing with India. Small and medium-sized businesses benefit from its assistance with the application of drawbacks, laws and regulations, licensing options, and processes for obtaining the same.
Qualifications for AEPC Membership
- An entity, person, or sole proprietorship business must be older than 18 years old,
- He or she should not be declared insolvent by the competent court of Law.
- He or she should not have ever been convicted of Moral Turpitude or misconduct
Benefits of the Membership of AEPC
The organization provides the following benefits:
- Provides help support in the participation of the National and International Fairs.
- Organization of workshops, Educational groups, Seminars, and lectures for the members from time to time to get them equipped with the latest technology, trends, and Market practices. Etc.
- It Provides Services and Certificates.
- Access to the Statistics and information of the apparel Industry, through the publication of relevant articles.
- The listing services of the products on the online portal of APEC, showcase their products to the buyers and facilitates services of the authenticated businesses.
- Provides information through various means to its members, the initiatives of the governments, and other policies relating to the member and other relevant sectors, fashion trends, trade statics, market reports, etc.
- Makes the members aware of future trends and technological developments.
- Helps in human resource development through initiatives and yields results throughout the various industry sectors and others intending to invest in the relevant sector.
- It minimizes labor migration and enhances services at the rural level, promoting corporate social responsibility and wellbeing of the low working class and their families.
The Registration Process at the DGFT
The registration procedure of the Indian exporters with the registering authorities who lie within the jurisdiction of exporting products as per the foreign trade policy, for applying through the Registration and Membership Certificate (RCMC) through the E-RCMC portal of the DGFT website is as follows:
- Go on the page of DGFT and register the applicant as an Export or Importer
- Confirm the registration through the authentication of the Mail and Mobile number.
- Login to the portal through the main menu.
- Click on the e-RCMC option, Start a fresh application,
- Declaration of your updated Profile.
- Provide the Export promotion council, fee structure, and community Board details
- Provide details of the export services
- Details of the Export Companies
- Provide details of the head of the department and contacts of the council
- The applicant has to attach the documents through the folder, save them to the next,
- Check and examine the application and enter the check box,
- Click on the sign button and go ahead/
- The applicant shall be directed to the payment section
- The concerned authority will examine the submitted application, after which the registration certificate will be issued.
- The certificate is uploaded using the portal user login information.
Documents Required for Registration at AEPC/ATDC Offices
In accordance with the Foreign Trade Policy, the following documents must be delivered to the AEPC office in order to qualify for membership in the AEPC/ATDC:
- Using the application form that can be downloaded from the official AEPC website.
- The aforementioned regional licensing body is responsible for issuing the IEC (Import Export Code) number.
- The Certified copy of the IEC that is issued by the DGFT (The licensing authority)
- The undertaking of the applicant at the duly notarized Stamp paper (Non-judicial).
- Board resolution/power of attorney issued in favor of the signing authority as mentioned in the IEC/MOA/Partnership deed etc.
- MOA & AOA/ registrar of the firm certificate/Partnership deed with self-attested copy
- For the registration of a Manufacturer Exporter, a Self-attested copy of the SSI certificate is.
- Industrial License/letter of intent/Certificate/self-attested copy of the acknowledgment.
Registration fee Required at the Time of Filling of Application at the AEPC/ATDC Offices
The applicant is required to pay the registration fee at the time of registration, which costs Rs. 1000 plus an 18% GST fee, and the annual fee costs Rs. 8000 plus an 18%GST fee. The annual subscription fee is paid by the applicant, which is paid on the 1st of April every year until the 31st of May of the following year to avoid the extra charge. If the member does not renew before the 30th of June with the payment of the extra charge, the membership will be automatically canceled.
The AEPC collaborates with the government and a number of other organizations to establish technical standards, encourage high-quality production, increase export activity, and conduct fashion and design research as well as measures, seminars, workshops, and programs with the assistance of experts in textiles, design, policies, and trade in order to assist businesses in the garment trading sector. The facilitation of programs, training materials, employee skill development, and the development of a technology infrastructure are all crucial components of the clothing manufacturing process. The organization develops an action plan to promote and boost exports of domestic goods while forging closer ties with other nations. The Customs and Central Excise authorities also provide a number of advantages, but in order to export or import the aforementioned goods, use the AEPC's services, and take advantage of other advantages of the Foreign Trade Policy, exporters and importers must apply for the Registration cum Membership Certificate through the DGFT portal.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.