Overview: UPBOCW Labour
The working conditions of unskilled laborers are absolutely worse so, in order to resolve the issues the government of India introduced the Building and other Construction Workers Act, 1996 also called as “BOCW ACT Registration”. It is a social welfare scheme with the motive of providing benefits to workers involved in activities relating to building and construction across the country.
Table of Contents
- Overview: UPBOCW Labour
- The UPBOCW members can avail of benefits like:
- Eligibility for UPBOCW Labour Card
- Now We Need To Know Who All Are Eligible To Apply
- Checklist for Registration of Establishment under BCOW Act 1996
- There are Certain Documents Required For Registration UPBOCW
- There are Certain Steps to Registering The BOCW Registration Labor Card
- What Is The Process of Renewal of The UPBOCW Registration, Follow These Steps:
- If You Wish To Check The Application Status, Follow These Instructions:
- To Check The Beneficiary List on BOCW UP, Follow These Instructions:
- To Download The Labor Certificate, Follow These Instructions:
- Now Let’s See How We Can Log in. Just Follow These Instructions:
- Steps to Follow If The Procedure Is Done on A Mobile Phone.
- Why was UPBOCW Formed?
- What are The Documents Required For BOCW Registration?
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
UPBOCW refers to the board, Uttar Pradesh building and other construction workers welfare board providing 16 schemes to all working-class eligible to apply for registration.
There is an online portal BOCW UP i.e. upbocw. in released by the Department of Labour Uttar Pradesh. The Uttar Pradesh Government runs various welfare schemes for the laborers and Shramiks. If labour has to avail of benefits of upbocw , work must register online up to bocw up to the website.
Once registered on bcow, labourers shall get a shamrik card to avail of schemes. Nothing can be put to use until you have knowledge about that. As labourers lack knowledge and awareness, they couldn’t get the benefit of UP bow but now through the portal it is possible or labourers to apply for all the schemes online on up.
The UPBOCW members can avail of benefits like:
- Scholarship for children of labour
- Financial support for daughter’s marriage
- Labours can avail benefits of Maternity Schemes by the Government of India
Eligibility for UPBOCW Labour Card
- Applicant must be above 18 years
- Applicant should be working as labour on sites of construction
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Passport
- Employee certificate
Now We Need To Know Who All Are Eligible To Apply
Here is a list of eligible people who can register themselves for this scheme:
- Construction Workers
- Physical labours
- Kiln Workers
Checklist for Registration of Establishment under BCOW Act 1996
- If the employer hires 10 or more 10 workers in the building or construction work, he has to obtain BOCW Registration Certificate within 60 days of the commencement date.
- In the case of offline mode, the application is in triplicate in form-XII
- Copy of Challan relating to the number of employees
- The employer can also apply for registration of establishment online
There are Certain Documents Required For Registration UPBOCW
In order to register as labourers, applicants are required to follow the document:
- Valid Aadhar card
- Ration Card
- Voter Card
- Bank Details
- Mobile number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Family Details Identity Proof
There are Certain Steps to Registering The BOCW Registration Labor Card
Labor cards can be applied online and offline. Here are the steps and Registration Process for BOCW Registration to apply online:-
- Visit the official website of UpBocw i.e https://upbocw.in/
- On the homepage, click on Shramik Panjikaran Avedan / Labor Registration
- Enter Aadhar Card Number, Mandal, District, and Mobile number
- Click on the apply button
- Enter the OTP sent on your number
- The application form shall pop up on your screen. Upload the required documents and fill out the required form. Pay fee through relevant channel i,e. Bank, card, or UPI
- After successful payment, for future reference, take the print of the receipt.
What Is The Process of Renewal of The UPBOCW Registration, Follow These Steps:
- Visit the official website of UPBOCW
- On the homepage, click on Shramik then on Renewal
- Enter your registration number and click the search button
- Enter all the required information to be updated like mobile number etc.
- After filling in all the updates, click the submit button.
If You Wish To Check The Application Status, Follow These Instructions:
- Visit the official website of UPBOCW
- On the homepage, click on the shramik button
- Click on the application status
- Enter your registration number along with the mobile number
- The status of the application shall be displayed on the screen
To Check The Beneficiary List on BOCW UP, Follow These Instructions:
- Visit the official website of UPBOCW
- On the homepage, click on a scheme
- Now click on the list of laborers who benefited from the scheme
- Select details like district, Mandal, and Yojana
- Now click on submit button
To Download The Labor Certificate, Follow These Instructions:
- Open the official website of UpBOCW
- On the homepage, click on Shramik certificate
- Click on the Check Status Button
- Details of the application number shall be displayed on the screen
- Click on Generate the certificate to download the certificate
Now Let’s See How We Can Log in. Just Follow These Instructions:
- Visit the official website of UP bocw i.e. https://upbocw.in/
- On the homepage, click on Login Button
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the login button
- Now you’ll be logged into the upbocw portal
If you are logging onto your mobile you can download the mobile application and open bocw up website i.e. upbocw.in or download it through the play store.
Steps to Follow If The Procedure Is Done on A Mobile Phone.
- Step 1: Open the google play store and search for UPBocw
- Step 2: Now click on 1st result UPBOCW and install the app
- Step 3: After installation is completed open the app and now you can use UPBocw on your Phone
Why was UPBOCW Formed?
- It is to ensure that workers are not exploited and have a safe working environment.
- The government of India made it compulsory for the state governments to constitute their own building and other Construction Worker's Welfare Boards.
- BOCW has to help the workers if any sort of accident or mishap occurs, has to provide pensions, issue loans for house constructions, provide financial aid for children’s education, and support the workers by affording medical expenses in case of a major ailment.
- If the laborer is between 18 and 60 and engaged with any building or any development work for at least 90 days during the previous year is eligible for registration as a recipient of the BOCW Welfare Fund under this act.
What are The Documents Required For BOCW Registration?
- Age Proof
- Residence Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Details
- Details of dependents and employer’s certificate of working for 90 days as a construction worker and nomination form
In this article, we got to know about labour registration in detail. The eligibility criteria and documents must be verified properly before initiating the process. The article talks about all the procedures whether it is registration of UPBOCW or labor card. Hopefully, the article was helpful. For more information contact corpseed . We shall be glad to help you with the further process.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.