Unlike the general media reports (CLICK TO OPEN), RBI has not canceled the registrations of the NBFC’s due to Unspecific reasons
DUE TO NON-COMPLIANCE SPECIFICALLY WITH THE MINIMUM CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS AS PER SECTION 45-IA OF THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA ACT, 1934.
Following are the Links of the notifications issued by RBI on 16-11-2018 mentioning the reasons for cancellation for reference(s): (click to open)
- RBI NBFC registration cancellation notice – 1
- RBI NBFC registration cancellation notice – 2
- RBI NBFC registration cancellation notice – 3
- RBI NBFC registration cancellation notice – 4
RBI follows strict policies and procedures before the cancellation of any certificates of registrations:
- Regular (periodic) notices are sent to the registered offices and registered emails of the non-compliant NBFC’s;
- Show cause notices are issued to these NBFC’s seeking the reason as to why the NBFC’s shall not be canceled;
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.