PM inaugurated 13 projects worth Rs. 1850 crores and laid the foundation stone for nine projects worth Rs. 2950 crores. These initiatives cover a variety of fields, including road infrastructure, drinking water supply, health, urban development, housing, information technology, skill development, art, and culture.
The Prime Minister has laid the foundation stone for the development of five national highway projects worth over Rs 1700 crore. The development of these highways, which total more than 110 kilometers in length, will be a significant step toward improving the region's transportation connection. The construction of the Steel Bridge across the Barak River on NH-37, which cost over Rs 75 crore and would improve year-round connection to Silchar from Imphal and lessen traffic congestion, is another key infrastructure project. During the program, the PM also inaugurated this steel bridge.
PM also dedicated, to the people of Manipur, 2,387 mobile towers built at a cost of around Rs 1100 crores.
The 280 crores 'Water Transmission system of Thoubal Multi-purpose project,' which will provide drinking water supply to Imphal city; the Water Supply Scheme project by Water Conservation for Tamenglong Headquarters, built at a cost of Rs 65 crore to provide safe drinking water to residents of ten habitations in Tamenglong district; and the 'Augmentation of Senapati District Headquarter Water Supply Scheme,' built at a cost of Rs 65 crore to provide safe drinking water to residents of ten.
On a PPP basis, the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of a 'State of the Art Cancer Hospital' in Imphal valued roughly Rs. 160 crore. This cancer hospital will tremendously assist the citizens of the state by lowering out-of-pocket expenses for those who would otherwise have to go outside of the state for cancer diagnostic and treatment services. In addition, the Prime Minister inaugurated the '200 Bedded Covid Hospital at Kiyamgei,' which was built at a cost of over Rs. 37 crore in partnership with the DRDO to improve Covid-related infrastructure in the State.
The completion of several initiatives under the 'Imphal Smart City Mission' will be a step toward realising the PM's relentless efforts for the revitalization and transformation of Indian cities. The Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC), 'Development of Western Riverfront on Imphal River (Phase I)', and 'Development of Mall Road at Thangal Bazar (Phase I)' have all been launched by the PM at a cost of more than Rs 170 crore. The city's Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) will offer a variety of technology-based services, including traffic management, solid waste management, and municipal monitoring.
The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for the 'Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation, and Training (CIIIT),' to be built in the state at a cost of about Rs 200 crore.. This project is the state's largest public-private partnership, and it will strengthen the state's information technology sector while also creating jobs.
The PM also laid the foundation stone for the Manipur Institute of Performing Arts In Gurgaon, Haryana. The institute will cost more than Rs 240 crore to construct. the repaired and reconstructed Govindajee Temple in Imphal inaugurated by the Prime Minister. He will also open the Indian National Army (INA) facility at Moirang, which will highlight the INA's pivotal role in India's independence movement.
PM laid the foundation stone for 72 projects worth over Rs 130 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram, in keeping with the slogan of 'SabkaSaath-Sabka Vikas-Sabka Vishwas.' PM laid the foundation stone for two projects worth Rs. 36 crore to strengthen the handloom industry in the state: the 'Mega Handloom Cluster' at NongpokKakching in Imphal East District, which will benefit about 17,000 weavers, and the 'Craft and Handloom Village' in Moirang, which will help weaving households, harness the tourism potential of Moirang and the adjoining Loktak Lake, and generate employment for the local people.
The PM also laid the foundation stone for the Government Residential Quarters in New Checkon, which will cost roughly Rs 390 crore to construct. He also placed the foundation stone for a ropeway project in Imphal East's IbudhouMarjing.
List of the Development projects and lays the foundation stone in Manipur
- 13 Major Infrastructural Projects Worth Rs. 1.858 Crore
- 9 projects worth Rs. 2957 Crore
Here is a detailed list of the development projects and lays the foundation store in Manipur For UPSC
- Thoubal Multi-Purpose Project Worth Rs. 280 Crore
- Tamenglong Water Supply PRoject Wroth Rs. 65 Crore
- Water Supply Scheme at Senapati worth Rs. 5.1 Crore
- 154-Meter-long Barak Steel Bridge Worth Rs. 79 Crore
- 200-Bedded Covid Hospital Worth Rs. 37 Crore
- Imphal Smart City Mission Worth Rs. 173 Crore
- Integrated Command and control centre (ICCC)
- Western River Front
- Mall Road At Thangal Bazar
- INA War Memorial Museum Worth Rs. 30 Crore
- Govindajee Temple refurbishment worth Rs. 23 Crore
- 2,387 Mobile Towers worth Rs. 1099 Crore
- New Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Worth Rs. 9 Crore
- Newly Modern Dipr Building Worth Rs. 12 Crore
- 5 National Highway Projects Worth Rs. 1,746 Crore
- State-OF-The-Art Cancer Hospital Worth Rs. 160 Crore
- 72 Projects Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram Worth Rs. 131 Crore
- Centre For Invention, Innovation, Incubation, And Training (CIIT) Worth Rs. 200 Crore
- Manipur Institute of Performing Arts at Gurugram Worth Rs. 242 Crore
- Government Residential Quarters Worth Rs. 390 Crore
- Mega Handloom Cluster Worth Rs. 31 Crore
- Craft and Handloom Village Worth Rs. 5 Crore
- Ropeway Project at IBudhou Marjing Worth Rs. 52 Crore
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.