Income Certificate in Karnataka
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Income certificate is generally issued to the citizen by the government, as evidence confirming their annual income and testifying all sources of the income. It also can be used as legal proof for availing various subsidies and schemes. The objective of obtaining an income certificate is to avail tax relaxations. Apart from this, people can also use this certificate in an educational system such as at the time of admission, scholarships, fee reimbursement and so on, also people can get further benefits in various welfare schemes also implemented by state and central government.
An Income Certificate is a document issued by an authority under the State Government certifying the annual income of an individual or his family from all sources. The authority that issues such a certificate varies from state to state. Income certificate is generally issued by the Village Tahsildars however in many states and union territories District Magistrate or Collector, Revenue Circle Officers, Sub Divisional Magistrates or other District Authorities are appointed for this purpose. In certain parts of the country, this certificate is additionally also termed as ‘EWS certificate’ which stands for ‘Economically Weaker Section Certificate’.
The income certificate acts as a symbol of eligibility to varied schemes and benefits granted by the State Governments in various fields. These following fields include but are not limited to:
- Educational institutions that usually reserved a quota for people from economically poorer backgrounds. This certificate helps them secure admission either freed from cost or at a concession.
- Scholarships offered by some institutions/governments targeting the upliftment of the poor.
- To avail the medical benefits like free or concessional treatment, subsidized medicines, financial assistance to mothers who give birth to girl child, etc.
- To obtain loans from the respective government employers at a concessional rate of interest.
- Providing relief to victims of various natural calamities and disasters.
- Widows can claim government pension wherever applicable.
ONLINE PROCEDURE OF INCOME CERTIFICATE IN KARNATAKA
Income certificate is issued to the citizen by the Government, as proof confirming their annual income and testifying all sources of the income. Income certificate act as legal proof for availing various subsidies and schemes. The following are the procedure for obtaining Karnataka income certificate.
Documents Required for Income certificate online
- Proof of income such as salary slip or bank statement (if the applicant is in a private sector)
- Form 16 of ITR should be furnished if the applicant is a Government employee.
- ID proof: Aadhar card, voter id card or driving license
- Address proof: Bank passbook, ration card or passport
- Need Age proof - Birth certificate or school leaving certificate
- Need caste certificate if the applicant belongs to the minority community
- Passport size photos
Online Application Procedure
Step 1: First, Go to the official website of Nadakacheri AJRKP. In the homepage, click ‘Online Application’.
Step 2: Enter your mobile number and click ‘Proceed’, which will direct you to another page.
Step 3: Click ‘New Request’ tab the drops down a list of services from which select the option ‘Income Certificate’.
Step 4: Click the option of Income certificate and select the language in which the certificate must be issued.
Step 5: The application form will appear, which requires the following details:
- Full name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Residence details
- Total income of the family
- Sources of income
- Earning members of the family
- Reason for applying for income certificate
Step 6: Upload the prescribed documents and click the Save button after which an acknowledgment slip will appear. The same will also be sent through an SMS.
Step 7: Choose the mode of payment and make the necessary payment. On successful payment, the acknowledgment number will be generated can be used for the further application process.
Issuing of the Income Certificate
The concerned authority will issue the Income certificate within 7 days from the date of applying. The applicants have to visit the concerned Nadakacheri center and collect the final certificate.