Introduction: FSSAI License For Transporter
In a developing economy like India, it is very challenging to provide food to the growing population of 1.3 Billion hungry people. To aggravate the scenario, add the challenge of providing that food to the people in a safe, secure and hygienic environment. For this purpose, Government of India enacted a legislation in 2006 which is known as Food safety and Standards Act 2006 (FSS Act 2006). For the execution of this FSS Act, a statutory body came into existence by the Parliamentary legislation and came to be known as Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
It was given the mandate to acquire FSSAI license before organizing, regulating and developing the food business in the Union of India. FSSAI is the regulatory authority for all the food business operators and for all kinds of food articles manufactured and sell in India. Even a transporter, who is involved in the business of transporting food articles from one place to another, need to obtain a FSSAI license. This license consists of three major components –
- 1.Transport infrastructure that includes vehicles, airports, ports and rail transport
- 2.Technology pertaining to food handling and various regulations related to storage, warehousing and refrigeration
- 3.Depending on demand and varied requirement, adequate supply and source logistics.
Why to apply for FSSAI License For Transporter
It has been made mandatory for all transporters involved in the business of transporting food articles from one place to another to acquire an FSSAI license. This is to ensure that safe practices of food transportation are being followed and necessary certification is obtained.It is imperative for the food transporters to follow stipulated safety guidelines in order to acquire a food transportation license. This not only helps in developing but ensuring good hygiene practices that are followed in a manufacturing premises.
Many people are not aware of the applicability and coverage of FSSAI Food Operators License and as such, they do not know if it applies to all people. It is being clearly told that this license applies to all who are into manufacturing, distribution and storage of food. It also applies to street food vendors such as meat shops, paanipuri and aaloticki stalls. It also applies to all the restaurants and any other small, medium or large food operators.
Procedure of applying for FSSAI License For Transport Vehicle
If you wish to know more about the procedure through which you can apply for an FSSAI license, continue reading further.
- If you are a transporter and
- Operating your business from one state with single location, then you need to apply for single license to operate.
- Operating your business from multiple locations within a state, then you required onelicense for each location
- Operating your business from multiple states within India, then you required oneCentral licenseplus one state license for each state.
- To apply through online, visit the FSSAI Home Page. Click on the Registration/license tab and choose to Apply for Registration/license from thedrop down menu.
- This will take you to another page and you are required to fill appropriate ad correct details. Next step is to click on Yes if your business premises is located at the airport or seaport of specified cities and No if it doesn’t.
- If your business entity operates for multiple states, select yes and if it operates from single location, select No.
- Select the category of business you are engaged in. Depending on the category selected, check the turnover or capacity so as to determine the eligibility for that category.
- After selecting all these options, you can click on Proceed. As soon as you click on Proceed, you will be redirected to a new page where you need to select the type of business you operate for State or Central license.
- After selecting type of business, automatically, a license category will get displayed. Click to apply on each against the license category.
- After the completion of a pre-check procedure, you will be redirected to the Central Licensing Page if you come under the purview of Central License category. Here, you are required to fill an application form as per the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. As soon as the application is duly filled, click on save and next.
- After completing this step, a new part of the application will appear on your computer screen. Here you need to fill details like food processing unit, and a variety of relevant business details.
- You need to fill this form very carefully and only the relevant information need to populate against each field. The food products you are mentioning in the form must be approved as per FSS Act 2006.
- One can easy add new products by clicking on select food category.
- Utmost Care must be taken while filling up the information as it will get reflected on your license.
- Once all the details and formalities have been completed, you need to make payment on the payment page. It is completely safe and secure gateway.
Mightbe the procedure is long and draw out but includes all relevant details about the business and ensures quick acquisition of a Food License. Once this license is obtained, the operators can work with a peace of mind. There are few steps where utmost care is important, in order to make the process really simple, CorpSeed help its customers to obtain FSSAI license for transport with easy and affordable prices.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.