Yes,to operate a homebased food business, you require a FSSAI registration. If the FBO is very small it only needs to get a FSSAI register. Obtaining Registration or License solely depends on the annual turnover of the FBO.
- Turnover below 12 Lakhs per annum – FSSAI Registration FORM A
- Turnover between 12 Lakhs – 20 Croreper annum– FSSAI State License FORM B
- Turnover above 20 Crores and operating in more than 1 state- FSSAI Central License FORM B
Importance of FSSAI Registration for homemade food?
- It makes sure that there is no compromise in quality of product and it wouldn’t affect consumer safety &health.
- High level of consumer confidence in safety & quality of food is there.
- It also helps in elimination of multiple regulations.
- It also helps to endorse innovation in foods products.
The President of India on 23rd august 2006 gave his approval to an act to club all the laws related to food and to establish Food Safety and Standards Authority of India that will set the standards based on science and procedures for the food articles and will regulate the manufacture, processing, storage, distribution, sale and import, in order to make sure that safe and wholesome food is offeredto human consumption, it will also deal with all matters linked with food.
This act is called Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.