CRO Phase V: Series Guidelines and Notification for Video Camera
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Knowing About Video Camera
Video camera is necessarily a type of an electronic gadget that finds a use in recording videos. A video camera functions in such a way, wherein the light is captured from the visible spectrum. The video cameras, nowadays are easy to operate, and quite user-friendly.
There are versatile components of a video camera which include the function of zooming in and out and also change the range of focus as required.
BIS Registration: Video Camera
A video camera is a product that has been included under the BIS Registration scheme, on a mandatory basis. It is to be registered under the IS standard 616. Without procuring registration under BIS, a video camera cannot be sold in the Indian markets. Besides this, a video camera can also not be imported or exported, if it has not been registered.
For all the manufacturers of the video camera, it is considered necessary to obtain the BIS registration, in order that their product garners reliability in the eyes of consumers and assure them about the quality of the product.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Latest Notification
A notification was released by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, dated 1st October, 2020. By virtue of such a notification, certain product categories were specified to be added in the schedule as given under “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012”.
Out of the seven product categories, one of them is with respect to the wireless microphone, having the Indian Standard Number as IS 616:2017.
The product namely the “wireless microphone” is one such product that has been added in conformity to the power floating from clause 10 (1) (p) as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, different categories of products were added, including that of wireless microphone, which was in pursuance of the clause (fa) of the rule 13, as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Rules, 1987.
Read Our Blog: All about Wireless Microphone
The order came into effect on 1st April, 2021. However the date on which the order was sought to be implemented was set at 1st October, 2021.
What Are The Product Guidelines Governing Video Camera?
Given below are certain series guidelines for wireless microphone as notified under CRO Phase-V:
- In the first place, the same enclosure material must be brought to use, with an exception in case of the differences of decorative parts.
- Secondly, the same class of the construction must be employed in every video camera.
- Similarity must be maintained with respect to the input voltage.
- The design layout pertaining to PCB and the IP rating must also ensure that they remain same.
- In case of the registered batteries, the same rating has to be ensured, if somehow it is applicable.
- With respect to the mounting mechanism, it must be ensured that they remain same. We can have Tripod as an example in this regard.
- If applicable, the same output rating, associated with the registered adapter must be the same to the input of video camera.
In the nutshell, it can be concluded that as notified by the above-mentioned notification, the video camera is one of the product categories out of the seven specified ones that have been included under the schedule.
The video camera has to strictly abide by the specific product guidelines which are deemed crucial in every way.