CRO Phase V: Series Guidelines And Notification For Bluetooth Speakers
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Knowing about Bluetooth Speaker
A Bluetooth speaker is a device that can be paired with any computer or laptop. This device, functions wherein the data is exchanged between the mobile devices which are carried out over short distances.
BIS Registration: Bluetooth Speaker
A Bluetooth speaker is a product that has been included under the BIS registration scheme, on a mandatory basis. It is to be registered under IS 616:2017. Without procuring registration under BIS, the Bluetooth speaker cannot be sold within the confinements of an Indian market. Besides this, a Bluetooth speaker cannot be imported/exported, if it has not been registered.
Read Our Blog: Everything You Need to Know About CRO Phase-V
For all the manufacturers of the Bluetooth speaker, it is considered necessary to obtain the BIS registration, in order that their product garners reliability in the eyes of consumers and assure them about the quality of the product.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Latest Notification
A notification was released by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, dated 1st October 2020. By virtue of such a notification, certain product categories were specified to be added in the schedule as given under “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for compulsory Registration) Order, 2012.”
Out of the seven product categories, one of them is with respect to the “Bluetooth speaker”, having the Indian Standard number as IS 616:2017.
The product namely the “Bluetooth Speaker” is one such product that has been added in conformity to the power floating from clause 10 (1) (p) as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, different categories of products were added, including that of Bluetooth Speaker, which was in pursuance of clause (fa) of the rule 13, as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Rules, 1987.
The order came into effect on 1st April 2021. However, the date on which the order was sought to be implemented was set at 1st October 2021.
What are the Product Guidelines Governing Bluetooth Speaker?
Given below are certain series guidelines for Bluetooth Speakers as notified under CRO Phase-V?
- In the first place, care should be taken such that the input voltage remains the same.
- Secondly, it is to be ensured that pertaining to class of construction, it needs to be exactly the same.
- The class of construction needs to be necessarily the same.
- With respect to the design layout of the PCB, it must be ensured that it remains the same.
- The enclosure material is required to be the same in case of the Bluetooth speaker with an exception pertaining to the differences of the decorative arts.
- In respect of the power transformer, the design has to be the same together with the insulation system.
- The point to be noted is that if applicable, the battery rating needs to be exactly the same.
- Also, in case of the registered adapter, the same output rating must be maintained such that it is equivalent to the input that the Bluetooth speaker holds.
In the nutshell, it can be concluded that as notified by the above-mentioned notification, Bluetooth Speaker is one of the product categories out of the seven specified ones that have been included under the schedule.
The Bluetooth speaker must strictly abide by the specific product guidelines which are deemed crucial in every way.