CRO Phase V: All About Wireless Microphone
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
BIS Registration: Wireless Microphone
Wireless microphone is one of the products for which the BIS registration is deemed mandatory. Without having to obtain such a registration, the wireless microphone cannot be sold in the markets of India or even exported/imported.
The wireless microphone is the product that falls under the compulsory registration scheme (CRS), therefore it requires BIS registration so that it can float easily in the Indian market. For all the manufacturers of the wireless microphone, be it domestic or foreign one, the process is similar for each one of them.
After getting registered under BIS, it wins the confidence of the consumer and assure them that in no way the quality has been compromised. The manufacturer gets the requisite license.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Latest Notification
A notification was released by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, dated 1st October, 2020. By virtue of such a notification, certain product categories were specified to be added in the schedule as given under “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012”.
Out of the seven product categories, one of them is with respect to the wireless microphone, having the Indian Standard Number as IS 616:2017. In addition, the title pertaining to the wireless microphone as given under the Indian Standard stood to be called as Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus and the associated safety requirements.
The product namely the “wireless microphone” is one such product that has been added in conformity to the power floating from clause 10 (1) (p) as provisioned under the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, different categories of products were added, including that of wireless microphones, which was in pursuance of the clause (fa) of the rule 13, as provisioned under the Rule 13 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Rules, 1987.
The order came into effect on 1st April 2021. However, the date on which the order was sought to be implemented was set at 1st October 2021.
Wireless Microphone and Miscellaneous Information
If in any case, the wireless microphone has a transmitter that forms its integrated part, then in that case, it is required by the complete unit to adhere to the provisions as listed out under the order. Simultaneously, the registration must be sought by the manufacturer from BIS under the category that mentions about wireless microphones.
The wireless microphone entails the transmitter as the main active ingredient, therefore registration is required by the transmitter from BIS, specifically under the category of wireless microphone.
Read Our Blog: Everything You Need to Know About CRO Phase-V
Also, registration is not required in the case of microphones which is construed to be its passive component if they are imported as a standalone product.
What are the Product Guidelines Governing Wireless Microphones?
Given below are certain series guidelines for wireless microphones as notified under CRS Phase-V?
- In the first place, there has to be the similar type of microphone that finds its basis on the built-in transmitters or could be based on the external transmitters which can mean to be the headset or a bodypack.
- It is to be ensured that the enclosure material must remain similar having an exception with respect to the differences of decorative parts.
- Any change with respect to aesthetics or the location of buttons would be accepted, provided that there is assurance on part of the lab that safety in no way is hampered.
- Considering the PCB, the design and layout has to be the same.
- Considering the transmitter and the mic, there has to be the same IP rating and input voltage.
- In case of the registered batteries, same rating must be ensured.
- The type of charging must remain the same as well.
- If applicable, there has to be the use of registered adapter or power bank that must have the similar output rating to that of the input of the wireless microphone.
In the nutshell it can be concluded that as notified by the above-mentioned notification, the wireless microphone is one of the product categories out of the seven specified ones.
The wireless microphone has to strictly abide by the specific product guidelines which are deemed crucial in every way.