Consumer Court Complaint Format:
The consumer protection act, 2019 passed on seventh august 2019, provides protection of the interests of shoppers and aims at establishing authorities to handle the grievances of the shoppers and settle consumer-related disputes. the authorities will offer timely and effective redressals of shopper disputes. Within the case of grievances, shoppers will file a complaint within the manner ordered down beneath the patron protection act, 2019.
Sec 2 of the patron protection Act, 2019 defines a complaint as an associate written allegation created by a shopper to get relief under the consumer protection act within the case of an unfair contract, unfair trade applies, restrictive trade applies, defective merchandise, deficiency of services or dangerous merchandise or service. A complaint can also embody a written allegation to assert liability against the merchandise manufacturer, marketer or service supplier.
A consumer complaint may be filed by one or a lot of shoppers, any registered voluntary shopper association, the central or government, heirs or legal representatives of the patron. wherever the patron could be a minor, the complaint may be filed by his parent or fiduciary.
The Way to File A Consumer Complaint?
- A shopper complaint may be created either during a written manner or in electronic mode to the district collector, the commissioner of regional workplace or the central authority. within the case of violation of shopper rights, a plaintiff will approach the district forum, state commission or the national commission. Also, if the plaintiff isn't glad with the order gone along with a consumer court, he will file an associate charm within the higher court.
- The primary step before filing a consumer complaint is to see the territorial and monetary system jurisdiction of the complaint. a shopper complaint may be filed within the district forum if the claims for merchandise and services don't exceed Rs one large integer. For claims wherever the worth of products and services is between Rs. one large integer to ten crores, the complaint may be filed within the state commission whereas if the worth of products and services exceeds Rs ten large integer, a shopper complaint may be filed within the national commission.
- A consequent step needs serving a legal or personal notice to the other party. After this, a plaintiff will file a complaint within the individual shopper redressal forum. The procedure for filing a shopper complaint is analogous for all the district forums, state commissions and national commissions.
The Required Fee for A Consumer complaint:
As per the patron protection (twenty-second amendment) rules, 2018, the fee structure for filing a shopper complaint has been revised as per the following:
- Cases important up to Rs. five lakh- no fee.
- Cases of the worth of Rs. five lakh-10 lakh- Rs two hundred
- Cases important exceptional Rs ten lakh- Rs four hundred
- A plaintiff isn't needed to pay an associate fee for filing a charm within the state commission or national commission.
The Method to File A Consumer complaint in District Forum:
A shopper complaint shall be created in writing to a part forum. The complaint may be written on plain paper and filed by the patron himself or through a certified agent.
- The complaint ought to be notarised through a registered or regular post. it ought to be filed inside a pair of years of the date on which the dispute arose. The plaintiff is needed to file four copies of the complaint and extra copies for every opposite party.
- The shopper complaint shall embody the main points of the plaintiff and therefore the opposite party beside the particulars of the dispute and therefore the relief to be wanted. Also, copies of relevant documents needed to prove the claim mentioned within the complaint shall be connected to the complaint.
- It isn't necessary to approach an associate advocate to file a shopper complaint.
- The fee shall be paid in demand draft to the president, consumer disputes redressal forum, (name of) district.
Details to be enclosed within the complaint:
A Consumer complaint Shall Contain the Subsequent Details:
- Name and address of the plaintiff and therefore the opposite party.
- The date on which the products were purchased or services availed, details of such merchandise and services and therefore the quantity acquired was similar.
- The subject of the grievance, whether or not it absolutely was associated with unfair trade observation, defective merchandise was equipped, deficiency in services provided.
- The bills and receipts of the involved product or service.
- The relief to be wanted beneath the act.
- Signature of the plaintiff or his approved agent.
The process to file a consumer complaint in state commission:
- A shopper grievance in state forum may be filed if the worth of products or services exceeds Rs one large integer however but Rs ten large integer. one can even file an associate appeal within the state commission against the order of the district forum within an amount of forty-five days from the date of order.
- The appliance shall accompany the requisite fee within the type of demand draft owed to the registrar, (name of) state commission within the individual state.
- To file associate attractiveness within the state commission, the plaintiff ought to attach the subsequent documents together with the complaint:
- Documents of record constituting correct names and addresses of all the parties.
- A certified copy of the order of the district forum against that associate attractiveness is to be filed.
- There ought to be quite four extra copies of the attractiveness for every respondent.
- Any order of conditional delay, interim order or alternative petitions in the middle of associate testimony.
- Opposite parties or the appellant is needed to pay a statutory deposit of Rs 25,000 or 50 % of the quantity claimed, whichever is a smaller amount.
The process to file a consumer complaint in the national commission:
- Consumer grievance cases with price quite Rs 10 large integer ought to be directly filed within the national consumer disputes redressal commission. a shopper aggrieved by the order of the state commission can even file associate attractiveness within the national commission. The appeal ought to be filed within thirty days from the date of the order glided by the state commission.
- The fee for approaching national shopper disputes redressal commission is Rs. 5000 that is owed as demand draft within the name of the registrar, national shopper disputes redressal commission.
- An appeal against the order of the national commission may be filed within the supreme court within one month from the date of order glided by the national commission.
Read Also: Share Purchase Agreement
Shop and establishment
The workers of any business are safeguarded by the Shop and Establishment Act, which regulates the terms and conditions of employment in commercial business. Get online Shop and Establishment Registration done in no time.
Creators creativity need to be protected undoubtedly. Therefor it is on creator hands to get its creation get protected and saved from any tampering or misuse of same. Let’s get hassle free copyright registration.
Real Estate Regulatory Authority, under the ambit of section-31 of the act provides for provision of filing of the complaint.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.