Introduction: Bed and Breakfast Registration
Bed & Breakfast (B&B) means providing shelter and food services to the guest in an Establishment. It refers to a scheme in which individuals can stay overnight, have breakfast in the morning, and pay the bill. The Ministry of Tourism is promoting Bed and Breakfast/ home establishments. Under this scheme, rooms are classified into two different categories, gold, and silver based on the availability of facilities and their quality. Furthermore, one needs to register yourself for B&B establishments as per government guidelines. Also, establishments under B&B, have to abide by certain standards.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Bed and Breakfast Registration
- Process of Online Application Under the Bed & Breakfast Scheme
- List of States and Websites to Register Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- List of Documents Uploaded Online for Registering Under the “Bed and Breakfast” Scheme
- Government Guidelines of Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- Physical Inspection Under Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- Who can Register Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme?
- Application Format for Bed and Breakfast Scheme/homestay Establishment
- List of Documents Required for Offline Registration Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- Checklist for Approval and Registration of Incredible India Bed & Breakfast/ Homestay Establishment
- Undertaking for Bed and Breakfast Scheme
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
The basic feature of the Bed and Breakfast Scheme is that tourists, particularly the foreign ones should be provided an opportunity to stay with an Indian family so that they can experience the Indian culture, Indian style indigenous cuisine and forge an understanding with India and the Indian culture and traditions.
Process of Online Application Under the Bed & Breakfast Scheme
Let the process, How to register for a Bed and Breakfast (b&b) under the Ministry of Tourism scheme
- Register on the state website by providing common details such as the name of the applicant, date of birth of the applicant, email address, mobile number, and permanent address along with OTP authentication.(There are some metropolitan cities and state who are accepting online registration for B&B while others state are accepting their application in offline mode.)
- On successful registration, an applicant can log in and click on the services menu> All services> Tourism> Application for registration/ renewal/ of Hotel Guest House.
- Select any of the options either New or Renewal
- Select whether hotel/guest enter details of applicant/ company authorizes persons along with hotel/ guest house location details.
- Upload necessary documents
- Click on submitting application button. The application shall be submitted to the department.
- Kindly, note the acknowledgment no. for tracking the status of your application.
- Note all the documents should be self-attested by the applicant.
- Registration fee for reregistration under the scheme
- For Gold Category – 5,000/-
- For Silver Category- 3,000/-
List of States and Websites to Register Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme
List of Documents Uploaded Online for Registering Under the “Bed and Breakfast” Scheme
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, driving license/ Passport, Govt. ID, Voter ID card, Ration card, PAN card, Pensioner card, etc.
- Proof of ownership (Allotment letter, Conveyance Deed)
- Photograph of Kitchen
- Photograph of the Main gate
- Photograph Of Washroom
- Photograph of rooms
- Photograph of dining room
- Photograph of parking
- Construction year verification certificate.
Government Guidelines of Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- The classification for Incredible India bed and Breakfast/ Homestay establishments will give only in those cases where the owner of the establishments resides with his/her family at the same property and lets out one room and a maximum of six rooms (12 beds).
- The scheme will be on a Bed and breakfast basis and charges have to be levied on the same accordingly. The type of breakfast offered under this scheme is specified, the charges will have to be displayed and visitors will have to inform well in advance regarding the same.
- If an establishment applies for a re-classification then Establishment has to be ready all the time for inspection by the regional classification committee. Requests for deferment of inspection will not be entertained.
- Classification of establishments will be valid for two years from the date of expiry of the last classification that the application has to be received within the stipulated time which means 3 months before the expiry of the last classification.
- Incredible India Bed & breakfast applying for classification will have to provide information including relevant documents.
- Application format
- Checklist for facilities
- If the applicant is not the owner of the property, in this case, 'No Objection certificate from the owner should be presented.
- Cleanliness should be maintained at the property in the “Bed and Breakfast scheme”.
- Tourism Development Corporation officials or authorized persons will have the right to visit and inspect the property within their Registration period.
- Owner should make a list of all the important details of the tourists staying at their property; Photo ID, Name, Address, check-in, check-out dates, etc. He/she should also keep a feedback and complaints book which has to be made available to the officials during their visit.
Physical Inspection Under Bed and Breakfast Scheme
It will be carried out only after the submission of all the mandatory documents. Tourism Development Corporation officials or authorized persons will have the right to visit and inspect the property within their Registration period. In the physical inspection, they research all the important details regarding Bed and breakfast such as B&B location, hospitality, ventilation, etc. of the property.
Note: It is to be noted that Tourism Development Corporation has the right to cancel the registration if anything is found true during the inspection. However, the Applicant/owner also has the right to give an explanation of the situation.
Who can Register Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme?
Only those properties that are registered under the property law are eligible to register under the B&B scheme. It is mandatory to have registration with property law. Also, properties that are on a lease can be used for the purpose of B&B. Here are some conditions for the B&B scheme.
- The applicant should be residing in the same residence with his/her family members.
- The applicant can rent a minimum of one room and of maximum six rooms according to the availability of a room with a maximum of two beds.
- Once an applicant applies for classification he has to adhere to the instructions by the date set by the Regional classification committee and no deferment is allowed which will be valid only for two days.
- The taxes rates on property, electricity, and water, these charges will not be charged at commercial rates.
Application Format for Bed and Breakfast Scheme/homestay Establishment
- Name of the B&B/ Homestay establishment
- Category applied for
- Name and address of the promoters/owners with a note on their background.
- Complete the postal Address of the B&B/Home stay Establishment
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Mobile Number of the promoter
- Distance of the B&B/ Homestay Establishment in km from
- Railway station
- City center
- Nearest main shopping center
- Nearest bus stand/ Scheduled city bus stop
- Details of the B&B/ Homestay Establishment
- Area (in sq.) with tile- owned/ leased copies of sale/ lease deed to be enclosed)
- Revenue papers regarding ownership. Affidavit in case of a co- sharer of house land.
- Whether clearance was obtained from the Police regarding the antecedents of the owner/owners and the proposed activity (copy to be enclosed)
- Number of rooms area for each type of room in sq. ft. (single/double/suites)
- Number of attached bathrooms
- Details of public areas of the following sq. ft.
- Lobby/ lounge
- Dining space
- Parking facility
- Additional facilities available if any (not mandatory)
- Eco-friendly facility
- Facilities for differently-abled persons
- Details of firefighting equipment/hydrants etc. if any
- Photographs of the building including interiors showing types of facilities available, bathroom, living room, bedroom, parking, etc.
- Details of payments of application fee
- Checklist details as per Annexure 2 (enclose the checklist duly certified that the facilities are available in the establishment)
- Consent of acceptance of the regulatory conditions (please a copy of the prescribed copy as per Annexure 3 duly signed by the owner of the establishment)
List of Documents Required for Offline Registration Under the Bed and Breakfast Scheme
- Application for registration
- Inspect report by Dist. Tourism development Officer or any other officer of the Department.7
- Revenue Papers
- Undertaking from the owner under clause 8 of the scheme on a stamp paper.
- Registration fees Rs. 100/-, Renewal fees Rs. 100/-
- Signature of the registrar
- Signature in the bill book/ homestay pad
Checklist for Approval and Registration of Incredible India Bed & Breakfast/ Homestay Establishment
|1||Certification by the Establishments regarding the facilities.|
|2||Observations of the committee Well maintained and well-equipped house|
|3||Parking with adequate road width|
All rooms should be airy, pests-free, without dampness, and with outside window/ ventilation
|5||Minimum floor area in sq. ft. for each room|
|6||Comfortable bed with good quality linen and bedding preferably of hill design.|
|7||Availability of bathrooms|
|8||Minimum size of each bathroom in square feet.|
|9||WC toilet to have a seat and lid, toilet paper|
|10||Availability of running hot and cold water|
|11||Water saving taps/ shower|
|12||Well maintained smoke-free, clean, hygienic, pest-free kitchen.|
|13||The dining area serves fresh continental or traditional Indian breakfast|
|14||Good quality cutlery and crockery|
|15||Wardrobe with at least a hanger in the guest room|
|16||Shelves or drawer space in the guest room|
|17||Availability of aqua guard, mineral water facility.|
|18||Good quality chairs, working table, and other necessary furniture.|
|19||Washing machines/ dryers in the house or arrangements for laundry/ dry cleaning services.|
|20||A lounge or seating arrangement in the lobby area.|
|21||Heating and cooling to be provided in enclosed public rooms.|
|22||Garbage disposal facilities as per Municipal laws.|
|23||Acceptance of cash/cheque/ Demand draft.|
|24||Name address and telephone number of the doctors.|
|25||Left luggage facilities|
|26||Assistance with luggage on request|
|27||Maintenance of register for guest check-in and check–out records including passport details in case of foreign tourists.|
Note: It is to be noted that the above-mentioned requirements are not mandatory, however, the committee while inspecting will inspect the above requirements before recommending the unit for registration in order to facilitate the tourists to avoid any inconvenience to them during their stay.
Undertaking for Bed and Breakfast Scheme
The Chairman, HRACC
Govt. of India
Ministry of Tourism New Delhi
I have read and understood all the terms and conditions mentioned in the government guidelines with respect to the approval and registration under the Bed and Breakfast scheme/ Homestay Establishment and hereby agree to abide by them.
All the information and documents provided in the application form are true and authentic to the best of my knowledge.
Signature and name of the owner
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.