The Inevitable Link between Food Safety License and Event Management
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Management of an event is in itself a rigorous phenomenon that seeks the amalgamation of coordinated activities with careful planning and monitored execution. The event can probably range from launching a product to organizing a conference.
Event management offers an interactive session to take place which witness the footfall in large number. It can construed to be an altogether a separate industry that is backed by the potential to grow.
Food forms an essential part of any successful event. The cherry on the cake would be if the food quality is up to the mark and is fit for consumption. However, it is quite difficult to maintain food standards on a consistent level. This where the use of food license comes handy. This license ensures the consistent level of compliance with quality standards.
Read Our Blog: Why Should Food Industry Need a Fssai License
Management of an Event and the Concern for Safety of Food
Companies from time to time indulge in organizing the events as a strategy to attract potential clients or customers. Organizing an event increases the possibility of such an interaction that can culminate into a deal.
It is the duty of the company to cater to the people in the very best manner with focus on integrating the standards as par with their expectations. One of the ways employed by the companies lies in offering the delicious food in the event. Presence of quality food is one of the impediments of any event that wants to have success.
On a general basis, it can be said that the food is prepared in ample quantities in any such event. The challenge lies in the need to ensure that only fresh food is offered together with the maintenance of the hygiene levels.
The food safety can be achieved only when there is adherence to the set norms in place. Strict compliance to such norms would mitigate the possibility of an anomaly that might take place at any time.
FSS Act, 2006 was launched with an aim to govern and monitor the protection of the edible items. This protection is not confined to a limited extent but rather it extends throughout the food supply chain. Under the FSS Act, rules are set out that act to guide the FBOs in maintaining the acceptable level of food hygiene.
As a matter of fact, requisite license or registration must be procured by every single FBO before having to run a food business. It is indeed a necessary requirement that must be sustained by them. A food license is a kind of an assurance for the public that a certain FBO is committed to obeying the food safety norms. It also pinpoints to the fact that the FBO in no way resort to slipping away from the food safety protocol.
Further, it infuses confidence with the public that the food served by the company is fit for consumption. Hence, it becomes extensively crucial to fetch FSSAI registration for the purpose of event management.
In accordance with the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, a three-pronged system is followed and accordingly the food license can be fetched as per the needs, as given below:
- In the first place, the FBO can opt for the basic registration as under the FSSAI License.
- Second option stands at procuring the registration with respect to the State FSSAI License.
- Last but not the least, central FSSAI license can well be procured by the FBO.
Knowing About the Need of FSSAI License
FSSAI is a short form of “Food safety and standards authority of India”. It has a similar structure to an organization which falls under the Ministry that deals with the subject of health. In whole, it is an independent entity.
The registration under FSSAI is seen as a mandatory impediment which must be duly met by all the food business operators. The only requirement is that they must fulfill the necessary criteria of the eligibility as given under the FSSAI Act and the associated regulations.
Why is FSSAI Registration Important?
It is the duty of every food business operator to have an aim that should be synchronic in an effort to satisfy the needs and expectations of the consumer. This is achieved with the help of consistency in maintaining the quality standards which in turn ensures the food safety.
Learn Our Blog: Get Your Food Business Online with FSSAI Registration
It is with the assistance of the Food safety and standards authority of India that the procedures have been developed to regulate each and every activity as associated with the manufacturing of the food.
What Entities Must Necessarily Obtain the FSSAI Registration/FSSAI License?
In accordance with the provisions as set out under the FSS Act, 2006, following entities must swear to obtain the FSSAI license:
- Every type of manufacturer involved in the business of food, whether small or big needs to register for the food license.
- Any unit that deals in packaging of food.
- Any unit that deals in food storage.
- All the FBOs that work on a wholesale basis.
- All the traders that deal in food.
- The FBOs that work through an online platform.
- Lastly, it is inclusive of the chain of hotels and the people involved in catering business.
Intricacies of the FSSAI License Number
A FSSAI license number is a uniquely generated number which consists of 14 digits. This number is used in identifying the details pertaining to the manufacturer. Besides this, it also pinpoints to the details associated with the registration.
The owner of the brand can use this unique FSSAI number to be displayed on the food packaging. In case the food item has been imported, the logo would be displayed by the importer together with the FSSAI license number.
Procedure to be Followed for FSSAI License Registration
The procedure can preferably be broken down in few steps which are given below:
- The very first step involves the need to fill out the application form which is available on the website.
- Get in touch with FSSAI registration consultant like that of Corpseed Company.
- Subsequently, there would arise the need to upload all the required documents like an ID proof which has to be valid in the eyes of law.
- With the help of a FSSAI expert, application would be made to obtaining the food license.
- The FSSAI registration certificate would be forwarded to the applicant after it has been received by the FSSAI expert.
Event Management Companies and the Function of Basic FSSAI License
Under the umbrella of the basic FSSAI registration, such firms find a place that entails an annual turnover that is probably less than twelve lakh rupees. The registration must be duly obtained by every entity that falls under such bracket. The said food establishment can either be a petty manufacturer or can even be the owner of the restaurant.
Likewise, the entities that deal in edible items whose major chunk of earning lies above the set threshold are required to obtain the state license. Given below are the documents that needs to be submitted on a mandatory basis in order that the event management company can obtain the FSSAI registration.
- In the first place, a passport size photograph must be submitted.
- Secondly, the detailed plan must be set out with respect to the system that speaks about the management of food safety.
- The details must also include about the nature of the business.
- Further, the declaration form with respect to FSSAI should be submitted.
- Do not forget to mention about the name of the business together with the address.
Event Management Companies and the Need to Procure State FSSAI license
State FSSAI registration can be procured by those food establishments that have their yearly income to fall between the range of rupees twelve lakh to twenty crore rupees. Such a license can be furnished to the applicant after the online application has been filed by him in this regard.
Given below are some of the documents that needs to be presented by the applicant which are FBOs in this case in order that the state FSSAI registration can be obtained:
- As with the location of the business, there is a need to submit the rental agreement with respect to the concerned premises.
- Secondly, the identification proof is a mandatory requisite. This proof can either be related to that of the owner or the business itself. For example, it can include the passport, aadhar card or some other valid ID proof.
- Certificate of incorporation, which is the CIN is much required to be submitted along with the partnership deed and a license to trade.
- Another specific requirement takes into account the GSTIN number as well.
- It is a mandatory requisite to submit the detailed pan showcasing the system that would be followed in the management of food safety.
- In case of the private limited company, the MOA must be furnished along with the AOA.
- In case it is a partnership firm, then the partnership deed has to be showcased.
- For the purpose of the food registration(state one), the applicant must resort to submitting one of the important documents out of the following:
- The sole license that gives the authorization to trade, in simple terms it can be called as the trade license.
- The registration with respect to the shops and establishment is very much valid to be submitted.
- Another license which carries the equivalent validity is the panchayath license.
- You can also show the corporation license.
- The municipality license seems equally valid.
- FSSAI declaration form holds equal importance.
Certain documents must be arranged by the manufacturer which are as given below:
- The photos of the facility wherein the manufacturing takes place must be duly submitted.
- All the necessary details pertaining to the machinery as well as the equipment’s have to be furnished. It must be highlighted as a matter of fact that all such details must be present on the letter head of the company.
- The schematics pertaining to the plant is indeed a necessary document.
- Lastly, the details as specifying the capacity of the machines is required to be mentioned along with the horse power.
Event Management Company: All About Central FSSAI Registration
In accordance with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, 2006, the food establishments who entail the income which stands more than rupees twenty crores, require the central FSSAI registration.
The given threshold limit is indicative of the fact that relatively bigger establishments are covered under the garb of central FSSAI registration, for example, the hotels and other multi-chain restaurants form a part of such a league.
Learn Our Blog: How to Apply For FSSAI License/Registration Online
As highlighted above, we can say that fetching registration under FSSAI is a mere compulsion rather than being a necessary impediment. Given below are the necessary documents that must be submitted in order to procure the central FSSAI license:
- With respect to the location of the business, the rental agreement of the given premise must be furnished.
- Any proof that would be needed to identify either the owner of the business or which may be used in connection with the business itself, for example, aadhar card or a passport can suffice.
- A certificate of incorporation is another document needed for the above purpose along with the little other requirements of the PAN card or a GSTIN number.
- In case of a private Ltd Company, its MOA should be submitted along with the AOA.
- If the firm is of the nature of the partnership, then in that case, the partnership deed would be needed.
- You definitely need an import-export code.
- A declaration would be needed which should enclose the authenticity of the applicant that pertains to the application filing under FSSAI registration.
- Moreover, an exhaustive plan should be extended that explains about the food safety management.
- The categories of the food needs to be listed.
However, the manufacturers are expected to arrange certain other documents as given below:
- The photo identity of the facility wherein the food is manufactured.
- Next in line talks about the details of the machinery and the equipment’s which are used in the plant. Such details must be clearly prescribed on the letterhead of the respective company.
- All the schematics pertaining to the plant.
- All the details must be furnished with respect to the maximum holding capacity and the horse power of the machinery.
In the nutshell, it can be concluded that in accordance with the provisions of the FSS Act, 2006, an event management company must procure the FSSAI registration on a compulsory basis. If in any case there is no compliance with any of the provisions of the Act, it would attract the penal action to be taken.
Therefore, the food business operators should resort to carrying out all the food operations in lines with the set rules and regulations. There is an online portal that facilitates the filing process of the application for FSSAI registration.
The above-mentioned online facility has rendered flexibility and divided the work in a simplified structure. The process is user-friendly and ensures that all the necessary details can be fetched without any speck of problem.