How to Setup Lead Acid Battery Recycling Plant | Lithium ion Battery Recycling Plant
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Lead Acid Battery Recycling Plant | Lithium ion Battery Recycling Plant Setup in India
Battery is used for power in many areas, which is also a used in for transportation, communication, and electric utilities and also used in emergency backup in various fields. There are various types of batteries but lead –acid battery which is made up of lead (70%), acid (20%) and plastic case (10%) elements is very toxic in nature. It can also contaminate soil and ground water when it comes in contact to the surrounding. There also some other metals like cadmium which make it more severe because it comes in hazardous in nature. This kind of batteries are cheapest and mostly used in various areas. It is used in motor vehicles and various equipment’s. The various manufacturer of batteries in India are Exide, Amco and Amara Raja.
What Battery Waste Management Rules Says?
This rule lay down to ensure proper battery waste management by the person or unit directly involved in manufacturer, producer, collection, collection Centre, importer, assembler, dealer, recycler, consumer and bulk consumers. It defines the
Why There is Need For Recycling?
Due to increasing demand of automobiles vehicles the demand of lead –acid batteries is also in hike. Many batteries are in use currently and many are in disposal and recycling stage. The used battery is 99% purely recyclable. So after providing proper facility and efficient environment process lead to extract from the metals and lead is one the most recyclable metals and also toxic in nature due to its carcinogenic activity. So it is very hard to dispose it properly because it penetrate inside the ground water and also contaminate the soil. The 50 % world demand is met by recycle lead itself. Smelting units again use it recovering lead from the metals.
What is Battery Recycling?
Lead recovery from automotive and industrial scrap batteries for extracting 99.7% of lead. Production of lead oxides or in casting of grids/terminals to reuse again in the production of lead acid batteries involves basic operations-
- Collection and safe storage of batteries.
- Battery cutting and dismantling in proper manner
- Closed furnace during smelting
- Refining and alloy process
- Equipped with effective control of the fumes and gases generated during operation.
Who Needs an Authorization?
Someone who is directly involved in manufacturer, producer, collection, collection Centre, importer, assembler, dealer, recycler, and consumer and bulk consumers needed authorization for managing the battery waste management in their premises.
What are the methods for battery recycling present in India?
The batteries are collected from various source from industries, retailers, collection center and through open auction and sent the different units for recycling –
- Battery breaking
- Furnace smelting
It's three Easy Steps Process
- Connect with team Corpseed to discuss specific requirements for your business, most of our customers take 20 to 25 minutes to discuss their business needs and get instant solutions
- Once you discuss the requirement we will align a dedicated Account Manager to assist you with the entire process on how to start battery recycling plant in India
- Once job is completed you will receive License Copy directly to your email ID and and at your door-step.
You can also reach us at our Mobile No. +91 7558 640 644, or E-mail: hello@Corpseed.com
Responsibilities of Recycler
- Submit the information and submit to the MoEF&CC along with the documents.
- Make sure that all the compliances need to be followed for obtaining the authorization.
- Annual report to be submitted to the State Pollution Control Board.
- Make available all records to the State Board for inspection.
- Reprocessed lead should be marked “Recycled”
- Create public awareness through advertisements, publications, posters or others with regard to the following.
- Hazards of lead and obligation of consumers to return used batteries only to the registered dealers or deliver at the designated collection centers.
Step by Step Procedure To Start Battery Recycling Plant
- Apply for registration to the MoEF&CC or an agency designated by if not applied with submitting information.
- Copy of valid Consent under air and water
- Authorized Person Pan card
- Authorized Person Aadhar card
- Pan card of the unit in case of Partnership/Company
- Authorization letter (except Proprietorship)
- CA Letter for total project cost
- Site Plan /Naksha.
- Proof of Ownership
- Water Bill
- GST Certificate
- Copy of valid authorization under hazardous wastes
- Authorized Signatory Aadhar Card
- Authorized Signatory Pan Card
- GST Certificate
- Rent/Lease/proof of ownership of site
- Manufacturing Process flow chart
- Copy of valid certificate of registration with District Industries Centre
- Copy of the proof of installed capacity issued by either SPCB/District Industries Centre
Procedures followed by Ministry while providing registration
- Appropriate facilities, technical capabilities and equipment are installed for recycling the used batteries. The designated officer from Ministry take decision about authorization.
- The officer designated by the Ministry or an agency designated by it shall take decision on application for registration within 90 days of receipt of application form.
- An application for the renewal of registration shall be made in Form VI at least six months before its expiry.
- The reasonable opportunity to the applicant of being heard, refuse to grant registration provided by Ministry.
- Monitoring of compliance is done by the State Pollution Control Board after granting the authorization.
Validity of NOC's
- The registration granted under this rule shall be in force for a period of two years from the date of issue or from the date of renewal unless suspended or cancelled earlier.