How to Setup Hazardous Waste Recycling Plant in India
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
The waste having characteristics of physical, chemical, biological, reactive, toxic, flammable, explosive or corrosive, causes danger or is likely to cause danger to health or environment, whether alone or in contact with other wastes or substances can damage environment or humans directly or indirectly.
Hazardous waste can be in form of gaseous, liquids, or solids. It is not a common type of waste and also have different type of disposal technique due to its severe impact on environment. The treatment of hazardous waste depends on the nature of waste and specific treatment.
What Hazardous Waste Management Rule Says?
This rule lay down to ensure safehandling, generation, processing, treatment, package, storage, transportation, use, reprocessing, collection, and offering for sale, destruction and disposal of Hazardous Waste.
It comes in the year 1989 and have been amended later in the years 2000, 2003 and with final notification of the Hazardous Waste (Management, Handling and Trans - boundary Movement) Rules, 2016.
The person or any organization who is engaged in the collection, storage, packaging, transportation, treatment, use, processing, pre-processing, utilization, co-processing, recycling and offering for sale, transfer or disposal of the hazardous and other wastes and various authorities that are involved in the process of granting authorization for Hazardous Waste such as MoEF&CC, CPCB, State/UT Govt., SPCBs/PCCs, DGFT, Port Authority and Custom Authority.
Who Needs an Authorization for Hazardous Waste?
Person who is involved directly in handling, generation, collection, storage, packaging, transportation, use, treatment, processing, recycling, recovery, pre-processing, co-processing, utilization, offering for sale, transfer or disposal of the hazardous and other wastes shall be required to get a clearance from the State Pollution Control Board.
It's three Easy Steps Process
- Connect with team Corpseed to discuss specific requirements for your business, most of our customers take 20 to 25 minutes to discuss their business needs and get instant solutions
- Once you discuss the requirement we will align a dedicated Account Manager to assist you with the entire process on how to start hazardous waste recycling plant in India
- Once job is completed you will receive License Copy directly to your email ID and and at your door-step.
You can also reach us at our Mobile No. +91 7558 640 644, or E-mail: hello@Corpseed.com
What is Hazardous Waste Recycler?
A hazardous waste is recycled if it is used or reused (e.g., as an ingredient in a process), reclaimed, or used in certain ways including disposal and producing energy. Reclaimed of material is done if it is processed to recover a usable product or if it is regenerated. A material is used or reused if it is part of requirement of an industrial process to make a product) or if it is a part of substitute of commercial product.
What are the Benefits of Recycling Hazardous Waste?
There are several environmental friendly and economic benefits to recycle hazardous waste-
• By minimizing the consumption of raw material.
• Reducing energy use and pollution.
• Reduce the burden on landfill by minimizing the waste directly.
The extraction, refining, transportation and processing of new raw materials have a significant impact on the environment and human health. Recycling and maximizing the use of hazardous waste can lead to less air, water, and soil pollution. When hazardous wastes are recycled, less energy is needed to obtain raw materials and to manufacture products. Due to less energy demand, fewer fossil fuels are burned and less GHGs are emitted into the atmosphere, which can minimize the impact on climate change and reduce air pollution. Less hazardous waste is sent for treatment and disposal facility which indirectly reduce the burden on the landfills.
Economic Benefits of Recycling Hazardous Waste Properly
Hazardous waste recycling is not solely sensible for the atmosphere facet, however can also profit associate degree organization’s stuff consumption. Recycling hazardous waste can increase production efficiency and reduce costs associated with purchasing raw materials and waste management. A business may enjoy the positive or “green” image related to its brands. For instance, a corporation value robust company berth will increase goodwill with shareholders and more distinguish itself from its competitors
Recycling and Utilization of Hazardous
The recycling and utilization of hazardous waste for recycling purpose or any other business purpose as a raw material or after pre-processing either for co-processing or any other use, including within the area comes under the generator shall be carried out only after obtaining authorization from the SPCB defining the waste on the basis of standard operating procedures or guidelines provided by the Central Pollution Control Board.
List of Hazardous Waste Which Require Authorization From Respected Authority
- Brass waste material
- Copper waste material
- Copper oxide mill scale material
- Copper reverts, cake and residue material
- Waste copper and copper alloys in dissolve form.
- Slags from copper processing unit and for further processing or refining
- Insulated Copper Wire/Copper with PVC shealthing including ISRI-code material namely “Druid”
- Jelly filled copper cables
- Spent cleared metal catalyst containing copper
- Spent catalyst containing nickel, cadmium, zinc, copper arsenic, vanadium and cobalt
- Zinc Dross-Bottom Dross
- Zinc Dross- Bottom Dross
- Zinc ash/skimming’s arising from galvanizing and die casting operations
- Zinc ash/skimming’s/other zinc bearing wastes arising from smelting and refining
- Zinc ash and residues including zinc alloy residues in dispersible form.
- Spent cleared metal catalyst containing zinc.
- Lead acid battery plates and other lead scrap/ashes/residues.
- Components of waste electrical and electronic assembles comprising accumulators and other batteries, mercury-switches, activated glass cullets from cathode-ray tubes and other activated glass and PCB-capacitors, or any other component contaminated with constituents (e.g. cadmium, mercury, lead, polychlorinated biphenyl)
- Paint and ink Sludge/residues
- Used Oil and Waste Oil- As per specification prescribed from time to time.
Importance of TSDF Facility for Hazardous
Any person wants to recycle or reprocess any waste as listed in listed above have must submit application in the concerned department as per the rules define-
Documents Required to Start Hazardous Waste Recycling Plant
- Consent to establish granted by the State Pollution Control Board
- Authorized Person Pan card
- Authorized Person Aadhar card
- Pan card of the unit in case of Partnership/Company
- Authorization letter (except Proprietorship)
- CA Letter for total project cost
- Site Plan /Naksha.
- Proof of Ownership
- Water Bill
- GST Certificate
- Certificate of registration issued by the District Industries Centre or any other government agency in this regard.
- Proof of installed capacity of plant and machinery issued by the District Industries Centre or any other Government Agency in this behalf.
- Hazardous waste authorization from the respected State Pollution Control Board.
- Authorized Signatory Aadhar Card
- Authorized Signatory Pan Card
- GST Certificate
- Rent/Lease/proof of ownership of site
- Manufacturing Process flow chart
- In case of renewal, certificate of compliance of effluent, emission standards and treatment and disposal of hazardous wastes, as applicable, from the State Pollution Control Board or the Concerned Zonal Office of Central Pollution Board
Norms to be Followed
Central Pollution Control Board on being satisfied that the applicant is utilizing environmentally sound technologies and possess adequate technical capabilities, requisite facilities and equipment to recycle, reprocess or reuse hazardous wastes, may grant registration to applicant by stipulating necessary conditions for carrying out unsafe operation in authorized place.
- The Central Pollution Control Board may have right to cancle or suspend the registration granted under these rules, if it has reasons to believe that the recycler or re-processor has failed to comply with any of the conditions of the registration, or with any provision of the Act or rules made there under.
- The Central Pollution Control Board may give various chances to hear to the applicant, by order, refuse to grant or renew the registration.
- The recycler or re-processor shall maintain records of hazardous wastes purchased and processed and shall flle an annual return of tis activities of previous year in Form 6 to the SPCB, on or before the 30th day of June Year.
- The registration, issued under sub rule (2) shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of its issue, unless the operation is stopped by the person or organization or the registration is suspended or cancelled by the CPCB