Health Certificate For Fish Export
- Consignments of Indian Fishery products exported to the EU are required to be accompanied by a numbered original health certificate, comprising a single sheet duly completed, signed and dated.
- The original copy of the health certificate is required for customs clearance at the destination and shall be made available to the customs authorities at the destination before the arrival of the consignment.
- The consignments cannot be cleared on the basis of a copy of the original or on the basis of a fax copy of the original. Health Certificate to be given before shipment & cannot be given retrospectively.
- All EU-approved F&FP establishments are required to obtain Health certificates from competent authorities (EIC / EIAs) only.
- The Authorization to issue and sign the health certificates for exports of fishery products to EC are in the hands of the officials of the Exports Inspection Agency.
- As per the Directive it is clear that in case is found that an establishment has obtained health certificate from any authority other than Competent Authority, approval granted to their units for exporting to EU will be withdrawn forthwith.
Table of Contents
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
Procedure to obtain Export approval for fish products
- The Health Certificate shall be issued only for fishery products processed in establishments/ factory vessels approved and monitored by the Environmental Impact Assessment.
- The processor/exporter shall request a health certificate from the EIA concerned/ Sub-0ffice in the prescribed application form furnishing all necessary information along with:
- Fees of Rs.10/- per Certificate.
- The pink copy of the certificate for export (validity for which is 15 days from the date of issue) relating to the consignment issued by the approved processor.
- The local office /sub-office of the EIA shall issue a health certificate to the processor/exporter after satisfying itself that the fishery products are processed in approved establishments factory vessels having valid approval numbers and after satisfying the relevant requirements such as testing of every control unit (Production Code) by the unit of organoleptic and bacteriological factors and maintenance of test records.
- A health certificate meant for exports to the EU shall be prepared in triplicate, the original for the exporter, forwarded to the importer, the pink copy for the EIA Head Office, and the blue copy for the record of the concerned issuing office.
- Each health certificate shall bear the name, capacity, and signature of the representative of EIC and the official stamp of EIC in a colour different from that of other endorsements.
- While issuing health certificates, the issuing officer must ensure that the colour of the signature is different from the colour of the printing of the certificate. Since the certificate is printed in black. The signature must not be in black colour. The signature shall be in green or red colour on the original of the certificate. The copies of the certificate shall have the carbon impression of the signature.
The Health Certificate in the prescribed Proforma shall be issued to the approved establishment/factory vessel. The multilingual Health Certificate blanks supplied are in 4 types of language combinations and can be used for countries as shown below:
Language Combination Countries to which it can be used
|English/Italian/French||U.K, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Belgium, Ireland|
|English/Swedish/Danish/ Finnish||U.K, Sweden, Denmark, Finland|
|English/German/Dutch||U.K, Germany, Netherlands, Austria|
|English/Spanish/Greek Portuguese||U.K, Spain, Greece, Portugal|
The temperature required during storage and transport: For frozen fishery products, write -18* C or below For chilled fresh fish, 0* C to 4* C
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.