Rajasthan state pollution control board is a govt. Body established in 15th Oct, 1974, under section 4 of water act, 1974, with aim of prevention and control of water pollution, later it was entrusted with responsibilities of prevention, control and mitigation of air pollution under the provision of Air Act.
Objectives of GPCB
- Sustainable development
- Prevention of natural as well as manmade resources
- Management of waste in an effective way to protect environment
- Making guidelines and policies to reduce pollution by creating awareness among general public
- Mandatory compliances for industries and health care units to reduce environmental pollution in Gujarat
Main functions of GPCB
- Granting consents of establishment and operation to industries under orange and green categories in conforming areas
- Provide assistance to Gujarat Govt. on any concern involving prevention and control of air and water pollution and air quality improvement
- Organizing mass awareness programme on prevention, control and mitigation of water and air pollution
- Granting authorization for various facilities such as bio-medical waste management, hazardous waste management, battery waste management and plastic waste management etc.
Need of pollution license/ NOC
- Mandatory for establishment and operation of new industries/projects/activities or expansion/modification or change in product mix for already existing activities/projects/industries
Following entities required GPCB NOC
All the activities, process, project or industry which emits air emissions or discharge effluents require GPCB NOC i.e. CTE & CTO
- Manufacturing industries
- Health care facilities
- Solid waste management facilities
- E-waste management facilities
- HWM facilities
- Plastic waste management facilities
- Acid-battery waste management facilities
- Hotel facilities etc.
Classification of industries
GPCB has classified various 405 industries into four categories- Red, Orange, Green and White.
- 63 industries are under red category
- 89 industries are under orange category
- 85 industries are under green category
- 168 industries are under white category
Applicability of GPCB license
- Mandatory for establishing new industry/process/activity or operation of any existing industry/process/activity
- To seek permission from electricity department for new electricity connection or for changing electricity connection
- for obtaining water connection or changing water connection from municipal water supply department
- to obtain fire NOC from fire and safety department
- to obtain license for international trade
Required documents for orange and green category for GPCB Consent:
- Pan card of authorized person
- Adhaar card of authorized person (linked with mobile no.)
- Authorization letter (except in case of solo proprietorship)
- Industry/factory license
- Pan card of company/firm (in case of partnership firm)
- Unit’s registration proof
- CA Certificate
- Site plan/layout plan
- Ownership proof
- GST certificate
- Water & electricity bill
- FSSAI certificate in case of food businesses
The fee charges for issuing of pollution NOC depends on various components such as category of industry, total investment for the project and penalty (if any).
Required documents white category for GPCB Consent:
- No consent is required to be obtained in case of industries covered in white category.
Validity of CTE for industries is five years and validity of CTO /CCA will be 5 years in case of red category, for orange category is 10 years and for green category is 15 years. Renewal application for CTO is need to be applied before 120 days the expiry date. Extra penalty will be imposed if CTO renewal is not applied before three months expiry of validity.
Flow Chart of Procedure
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.