Different Types Of FSSAI Food License | FSSAI Registration | FSSAI State License | FSSAI Central License

Bhupender Nagar Bhupender Nagar | Blog Writter | Updated

The Food Standards and Safety Authority of India (FSSAI) is the utmost authority which is responsible for regulating and administering the food safety.It is obligatory for all the Food Business Operators (FBOs) in order to obtain an FSSAI Registration or FSSAI State / Central license based on business requirement. A common doubt or a misunderstanding which is among the FBOs is that the license is only required by businessman. Food safety and standards authority of india (FSSAI) lays down science-based standards and procedures for food articles and also controls their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and the import in order to make sure the availability of safe and also wholesome food to 1.3 Billion citizens of the country. The authority is thus also accountable for creating an information network across the country so that the public, consumers, etc. thus receive rapid, reliable and also exact information about the food safety and also hygiene and the related issues of concern.

Corpseed Three Easy Steps to Apply for FSSAI Food License

1.    Connect with team Corpseed +91 7558 640 644
2.    We will discuss your requirement & collect all your documents and file them directly with the authority
3.    You'll receive your completed FSSAI Food License package by E-mail & Courier.

FSSAI issues three different types of food licenses which are as given below: 

The three licenses, however, differ on the basis of the scale of operation of the food business which is being carried out. The following is the comprehensive information on the three food licenses.

1. FSSAI Basic Registration: The Food business operators like petty food manufacturers and also the small-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors, wholesales, retailers etc. are required to obtain the FSSAI Registration. The FSSAI Registration is however allotted by the State Government. Depending upon the size of operations, an FBO can thus fall under the State Registration or license. It is thus specially for the business units having turnover of up to 12 lakhs per annum.

2. FSSAI State License: FBO like small or might be medium sized manufacturers, storage business, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however required to obtain the FSSAI State License for operating their food business. The State License is issued by the State Government and it is important that you have your operations stick toone state only, multi state operation will fall under Central License. It is thus mostly for the business having turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per annum but not exceeding Rs.3 Crore per annum.

3. FSSAI Central License: Food business operators (FBO’s) such as Importers, 100% Export Oriented Units/agencies, processing units, large manufacturers units, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports etc. are however required to obtain a Central Food License to operate their food business legally. The FSSAI Central license is issued by the Central Government. Additionally, FBOs have to obtain the FSSAI Central License for their head office, and if they are operating in more than one state. It is thus mostly for the units who are having an annual turnover of more than 20 crores.

4. FSSAI konkan railway food Registration / License:-The Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 (FSSA), Rules & Regulations 2011, According to this act, All Food Business Operators (FBO) in the country will be registered or licensed in accordance with the procedures laid down by the food department. The Petty Food Business Operators (FBO’s) with an annual turnover not exceeding `12 lakhs willget register themselves with the respective Registering Authority and the Food Business Operators (FBO’s) with an annual turnover exceeding `12 lakhs must obtain a license from the respective Licensing Authority.

What do you think?

Connect With Us

It`s Time to Change Your

Compliance Officer

chnage compliance officer
  • Get 1 months free compliance support
  • 24/7 Expert Advice anytime anywhere
  • 200+ Top CA/CS/Legal Team

User Rating

4.61 average based on 265 reviews.

  • 5 star
  • 4 star
  • 3 star
  • 2 star
  • 1 star

How can we help you?

Stay update with us

Get helpful tips and info from our newsletter!