Introduction: Delhi Caste Certification
A Caste Certificate Is Extremely Important Document For People Who Fall Under The Reserved Categories Of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), And Other Backward Class (OBC). It Serves As Proof Of Their Eligibility As And When Required, Particularly When It Comes To The Benefits And Initiatives Provided By The Indian Government. A Caste Certificate Entitles You Access Benefits Such As School/College Admissions, Competitive Tests, Employment, Government Subsidies, And Scholarship Opportunities. Let’s Dive Deep At Whole Procedure For Obtaining Delhi Caste Certificate.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Delhi Caste Certification
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required For SC/ST
- Documents Needed For An OBC Certificate:-
- How To Obtain A Caste Certificate In Delhi?
- Application for SC/ST
- Application for OBC
- Get Your Caste Certificate
The Objective of Procuring a Caste Certificate.
As we have mentioned before caste certificate is extremely important especially for those who fall under that specific category to accommodate the following advantages:
- A cast certificate must be filed in order to be considered for a seat in the legislature.
- Cast certificate is essential to document required to get a reservation in government service as well as government exams.
- This certificate is necessary especially for financially weak students to waive school or college admission fees.
- Various private/Government educational institutions in India offer quotas against Caste Certificates for students.
- Another advantage of the caste certificate provided by the Indian government in government jobs is age relaxation.
- A caste certificate can also help you to get government scholarships.
- A caste certificate is required to receive government subsidies. For implementing certain government-provided schemes.
- Caste certificate can be beneficial in Housing and self-employment schemes.
- Allotment and Assignments (grant) of the land of house sites cast Certificate is required in a few regions.
- A caste Certificate is required if you stand for Elections (as a candidate)
There are not very tough criteria’s for obtaining a caste certificate in Delhi
- The applicant should be a resident of Delhi
- The applicant or his parents have a birthplace that comes under Delhi government's jurisdiction.
- Since 1993, residents of Delhi have been issued an OBC certificate.
Documents Required For SC/ST
If you do not include certain supporting documents with your application for a caste certificate, it will be denied. The documents that must be attached differ by state. The following is a list of common documents that must be submitted with your caste certificate application.
- Form of Application
- Aadhar Number If an Aadhaar Number is not available, anyone can obtain proof of identity such as a PAN, Passport, Driving License, or Voters Card, MGNREGA card, RSBY card, Identity card issued by the government or semi-government organizations.
- Self-declaration in the case of an SC/ST certificate obtained outside of Delhi at the prescribed Performa rate (If the children are below 18 years, a self-declaration from the major have to be produced)
- For married women, a marriage certificate is required.
- Proof of Birth Date (School certificate or Birth certificate or passport)
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Driving license
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Property tax
- Telephone bill
- Rent receipt
Affidavit for Caste Certificate Declaration.
Proof Of Caste Of Self Or Blood Relative.
- Caste Certificate Issued By The Department Of Social Justice
- Revenue Records Or Village Panchayat Records
- Extract Of Primary School Register Of Applicant Or Father Or Grandfather
- Primary School Leaving Certificate Of Applicant/Father/Relatives
- An Extract From The Applicant's Father's Or Relative's Government Service Record (Book) Specifying The Applicant's Father's Or Relative's Caste/Community Category.
- If Any Of Your Fathers Or Relatives Have A Validity Certificate Issued By A Scrutiny Committee, You Can Use It.
- Documentary Evidence Of Caste And Ordinary Residency Prior To The Caste Notification Date
- Other Relevant Documents.
Additional Proof For Caste Certificates.
There are a few exceptions to the requirement to produce supplementary evidence of papers. All of the documentation required in each situation are provided below.
- Case 1: If you do not have your father's caste certificate, you must present all caste certificate paperwork from your blood relatives.
- Case 2: If you are a married woman seeking a caste certificate after marriage, you must present both the caste proof obtained prior to marriage and the marriage certificate. If you changed your name after marriage, you must notify the Gazette with a Name Change Notification.
- Case 3: Conversion of faith: If you have converted to a different religion, you must first prove your caste.
- Case 4: If you moved from another state or district, you must provide proof of your father's caste, which must be provided by the state or district from which you moved.
Documents Needed For An OBC Certificate.
- A copy of his/her father's, brother's, sister's, or blood relative from the paternal side's OBC certificate, if available.
- Two attestations from MP/MLA/Councilor/Gazetted Officers stating the applicant's caste and continuous stay in Delhi since 1993.
- Certificate of Residency
- Proof of family income (Salary Slip/Form-16/ITR, etc.)
- This service does not require payment in order to process the certificate.
How To Obtain A Caste Certificate In Delhi?
The certificate is issued by the governments of the individual states and union territories, and the application process differs by state. While some states allow applicants to apply both online and offline, Applying for a Caste Certificate offline at the SDM/DC Office Delhi.
Contact The SDM/DC Office.
- Step 1: The applicant contacts the SDM/DC Office to apply for a caste certificate in the offline mode.
Fill out An Application.
Submit an application for the caste certificate in the prescribed format. Fill out the caste application form correctly based on your caste category. There are separate application forms for the SC/ST/OBC categories. Fill out with suitable categories wisely.
Fill Out the Following Details After Reading them Correctly.
- Name, gender, date of birth, marital status, and religion are examples of personal information.
- Details about the parents and spouse.
- Contact Information.
- The objective of obtain a caste certificate.
- Caste information/Caste/Tribe information.
- Submit any additional supporting documentation to the officer.
- Obtain an acknowledgment receipt that includes the unique application number. Keep it in a safe place for future reference.
- After submitting the application for a caste certificate, you can check the status of the application.
- Inquiry from a Local.
- A local inquiry will be conducted to verify the applicant's residence or caste. In the case of married women, a local inquiry will be conducted at both the place of residence prior to marriage and the place of residence after marriage.
Application for SC/ST
Please find an application form for the ST/SC caste certificate enclosed.
Application for OBC
This form can be used by OBC applicants to obtain an OBC certificate.
Get Your Caste Certificate
The SDM/DC will issue a caste certificate once the local inquiry and request for a caste certificate have been approved. Return to the office and give the application number. Collect the caste certificate, which can be used for the above-mentioned purpose.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.