Kanya Sumangala Yojana
When it comes to the upliftment of girls in our society, the UP government has always shown an enthusiastic approach towards taking unique initiatives from time to time. Be it monetary beneficiary schemes or promoting girls’ education, the recent time has seen several progressive steps taken by the government of UP. One such initiative is Kanya Sumangla Yojana, which aims to promote the welfare of girl children and encourage their families to provide them with a good education. Being launched on 25th October 2019, it provides the guardians or parents of girl children with monetary support to ensure proper care of their girls related to their education and health. To understand all the main aspects of Kanya Sumangla Yojana, including its key features, make sure you give this article a read till its end.
Table of Contents
Importance of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Advocate Girl’s Education
With this scheme, the government aims to promote girls’ education in the state by providing eligible families with certain financial support. This way the overall growth of the girl children can be realized to make them self-sufficient for living their lives with dignity without getting dependent on anyone.
- Ensure Girl’s Good Health
The scheme urges parents to provide their girl children with nutritious food and puts special emphasis on the essential vaccination of newborn girls, which not only can improve their health status but also lead to fewer cases of infant death.
- Work for Gender Equality
Gender inequality affects millions of girls all around India and denies them even fundamental rights, like access to education, poor health care, etc. Here, Kanya Sumangala yojana fights against it by spreading awareness regarding the significance of healthy & educated girl children and motivating families to cherish their birth.
- Promote the Notion of Self-Reliance for Girls
Social & economic independence comes with education and that’s what this scheme seeks to achieve. The scheme works toward educating girls, which can open the door to millions of opportunities for them in the workforce and motivate them to have trust in their efforts & abilities.
Key Features of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Now that you are familiar with Kanya Sumanagla Yojana and how it intends to promote gender equality with a major emphasis on improving the sex ratio, it’s time to look at its key features.
- Provides monetary support of Rs. 15,000 to families with one daughter.
- Will be implemented in multiple phases depending on when the beneficiary girl children fulfill certain milestones, such as birth, essential vaccinations, enrollment in school, etc.
- Families with a daughter who finishes her education up to class 10th will get monetary support of Rs. 10,000.
- Families with a daughter who finishes her education up to class 12th will get monetary support of Rs 20,000.
- In case the daughter completes her graduation, then her family will be provided with financial support of Rs 25,000.
- If the daughter finishes her post-graduation, then the government will give financial support of Rs. 50,000 to her family.
Eligibility Criteria to Qualify for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Families must be residing in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- There should be at least a girl child in the family who was born on or after the 1st of April, 2019.
- The annual income of the family should not cross the limit of Rs. 3 lakhs.
- Families with a maximum of two daughters can apply for the benefits given under the scheme.
- The girl child should be enrolled in a government or any state-recognized educational institution.
- Girls aged up to 19 years are eligible under the scheme.
- The family should have all the documents required for the registration process.
Documents Required to Apply for Kanya Sumangala Scheme
- Address proof: You can provide voter identification card, Aadhar Card, Utility bill, etc as a proof that you reside in UP.
- Identity proof: you can use Aadhar card, PAN card, or voter ID card.
- Birth Certificate: Provide the birth certificate of that daughter on whose behalf you’re applying for the scheme.
- Bank account details of the daughter as the government will deposit the financial amount only in it.
- Income certificate as a proof that the annual income of your family does not cross the threshold of Rs. 3 lakh.
- Recently taken photographs of you (applicant) and the daughter.
- Documents related to academic qualifications such as mark sheets, admission slips, or certificates to get benefits under the education-related grant.
Process Required to Apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Go to the official web page of Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- Hit the “New Registration” button given on the homepage.
- Enter all the asked information, which includes name, address, contact number, bank details, and Aadhar card number.
- After that, upload all the required documents including the income certificate, the birth certificate of the daughter, etc.
- When the registration process is completed, the application will go to the concerned government authorities for verification.
Once the verification process is done by the officials, the monetary support amount will be deposited into the bank account of the beneficiary.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.