Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC)
Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a certification that verifies an exporter dealing with products registered with a firm/ company that are authorized by the Indian government. The certification is released for five years by the Export Promotional Councils or commodity board in India. An exporter desiring to get an RCMC needs to proclaim his mainstream service in the application. This application would be sent to the Export Promotion Council/ Commodity Board relating to that line of business.
An exporter utilizing an application-defined in an ANF 2C register can end up being a member of EPC. The applicant is provided with the Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) of EPC in the style that is given in Appendix 2R. To sign up as a maker exporter, the candidate needs to furnish proof for the same. Prospective/ potential export merchants on the application can sign up and also end up being an associate participant of an EPC.
Registration-cum-Membership Certification (RCMC) Application Procedure
An application with the concerned Export Promotional Council (EPC) has to be filed using form ANF 2C. Exporters can be registered under two groups specifically, the Merchant exporter as well as the Production exporter. On choosing the Manucaturing exporter, a proof corroborating the same needs to be submitted.
Documents Required For Registration-cum-Membership Certification
Following are the required documents that have to be confined in addition to the application form.
Complete filled and signed Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate application form.
- Self-certified copy of the IEC Number that is issued by DGFT
- Self-certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- The subscription cost of the 'Services Export Promotion Council' in demand Draft has to be paid at New Delhi or through a cheque that is payable at branches by paying the subscription cost.
- Self-certified copy of company's MOA (For Business/ institutional/ Personal Limited/ Limited company).
- Self-certified copy of the business's Partnership Deed (For Partnership firm and also for individuals).
- Self-certified copy of the Trust’s Deed (For Trusts/ institutional/ Corporate)
- The last 3 years Foreign Exchange Earnings, that needs to be certified by the Chartered Accounting of the company.
- Self-certified copy of the Board Resolution or Power of Attorney issued in favor of signing authority if the name of the signing authority is not mentioned in IEC/ MOA/ Partnership Deed/ Trust Deed of the company/ firm/ Trust.
- Self-certified copy of company GST certificate
Guidelines For Registration-cum-Membership Certification Registration
- When requesting RCMC, an exporter needs to declare the mainstream business. Additionally, the RCMC has to be gotten from the Export Promotional Council, depending upon the business. If a person is running a spice business, the individual comes under Spice Board of India.
- If the person does not belong to any of the export promotion council, then the person has to directly apply for the certificate with FIEO (Federation of Indian Exporters Organization).
- Those multi-product exporters who are not registered with any of the EPC, or if the stream of business is yet to be confirmed, then the exporter has an alternative to obtain RCMC from FIEO.
- For multi-product merchants having their registered office or head quarter in north-eastern states, RCMC can be acquired from Shellac as well as Forest Export Promotional Council, unless it is for the products that are looked after by APEDA, Spices Board and Tea Board.
Consent to Import/ Export on Restricted Things
- To seek benefits or concession under Foreign Profession Plan (FTP) like duty drawback, duty credit etc
- Certification of Registration as a Merchant of Spices (CRES) that is provided by the Spices Board will certainly be taken into consideration as RCMC as well as nothing else RCMC will be applied with any other Export Promotional Councils (EPC).
RCMC Enrollment under Export Promotional Council
A complete number of 26 Export Promo Councils and also 9 commodities boards exist in India. commodities board, as well as the Export Promotional Councils (EPC) in India, are the concerned authorities for releasing RCMC. These organizations have actually been authorized by the Central Government to release RCMC to the exporters. Every EPC and also the assets board in India categories itself depending upon the sort of products, For instance, if the product line of exporter does not come under the classification, then he shall make an application for RCMC from FIEO.
Registering authority is a body that is notified by DGFT to sign up importers/ exporters as its members by providing RCMC.
Penalty for Violation Of Export Promotional Council Rules
The Export Promotional Council de-registers the exporter for a specified duration for breaching the terms and conditions for enrollment.
Notification Pertaining To Change in Constitution of business of RCMC Owner
If there is a modification in possession, constitution, name or address of an exporter, it is compulsory for the RCMC owner to intimate the modification to the registering authority within a month from the date of such change.
Quarterly returns has to be submitted to FIEO in the formate that is specified by FIEO.
The registering authority de-registers an RCMC holder for a certain duration for violating the mandatory conditions of registration. Prior to such de-registration, the RCMC holder will be provided a written notice by the registering authority, and an adequate time and also reasonable opportunity to make a depiction against the proposed de-registration. Upon, de-registration, the concerned EPC intimates the same to all the RAs.
Validity of RCMC
RCMC is valid from 1st April of the licensing year when it is provided and is valid for five years that completes on 31st March of the licensing year.
Instructions of DGFT
DGFT Guides any registering authority to register or de-register an exporter or issues such directions to then regular with and in order to carry out provisions of FT (D&R) Act, Rules and Orders made under the FTP.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.