Poultry Farm Business Plan
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Poultry farming is a type of animal husbandry in which domesticated birds such as chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese are raised to provide meat or eggs for human use. It dates back to the agrarian period. Poultry, mostly chickens, are grown in large numbers. Every year, more than 60 billion chickens are slaughtered for human consumption. Layers are birds grown for eggs, whereas broilers are chickens raised for meat.
Poultry farming is often regarded as the fastest-growing sector of the agricultural industry. To further increase growth, the government has made significant expenditures in processing, breeding, rearing, and hatching procedures. The chicken sector employs around 3 million farmers and 15 million agricultural farmers, contributing approximately Rs. 26,000 crores to national revenue.
Poultry farming is all about raising birds for the purpose of selling meat and eggs and creating wealth out of the business.
Start Your Own Poultry Business in India in 7 Easy Steps
To establish your own poultry company in India, follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Selecting a Sector: The first step is to select a sector to serve, such as chicken breeding, broilers, poultry feed, egg and meat processing, and so on.
- Step 2: Selecting the Birds: Choose between broilers, which are used for meat processing, and layers, which are used for egg production.
- Step 3: Decide on a location: Decide on a location for the farmland from which the business will be operated and managed.
- Step 4: Choosing a Business Name: According to state rules, name registration or business formation is required.
- Step 5: Arranging funds: Credit needs to satisfy working capital requirements such as purchasing equipment and machinery, purchasing raw materials, paying off salaries, managing cash flow, and so on.
- Step 6: Marketing and Advertising: Marketing and advertising plans should be detailed in the company strategy as well.
- Step 7: Identify your target audience, which may include wholesale marketplaces, merchants, business owners, shop sellers, and so on.
The Advantages of a Poultry Farming Business
The following are some of the primary advantages of beginning a chicken business:
- Income-generating source
- Expands employment opportunities
- To begin, a minimal amount of capital is required.
- Considered a steady source of income
- Less water is required.
- Poultry products are high in nutrients.
- In a shorter period of time, the poultry industry achieves no profit and no loss.
- There are two sorts of food produced: eggs and meat
Financing Is Required
The cost of starting a small-scale chicken farm is between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 1.5 lakh. The capital necessary for a medium-scale chicken company range between Rs. 1.5 lakh and Rs. 3.5 lakh. A large-scale chicken farm may be established for less than Rs. 7 lakhs. To achieve these needs, company entrepreneurs can obtain business loans from financial institutions like as banks and NBFCs and establish their own chicken businesses. Choosing a business loan is thought to be a sensible move since it allows business owners to make business investments without depleting their life resources.
Documentation Is Required
The following documents are necessary to establish your own chicken farming business:
- Completed application form and passport-sized pictures
- PAN and Aadhaar cards are acceptable forms of identification.
- Certificate of Incorporation of a Company
- Land deeds for businesses
- Licenses and permissions required under state legislation
- Bank statement over the previous 12 months
- Animal Care Standards will be provided.
- Any additional documentation requested by the lender or bank
The following equipment is used in the poultry farming business:
- Feeder that operates automatically
- Vaccinator that works automatically
- Watering system with a bell
- Chick guard and brooder
- Kerosene and charcoal stoves
- Feeder in a circle
- System of compressed air
- Heaters powered by electricity (heating rods or coils)
- Power plants on standby for emergencies
- Vaccinator/lancet for fowl pox
- Brooders, both gas and electric
- Automation devices for hatcheries
- Machines that transport hatching eggs
- Trays for hatching eggs
- Infrared light bulbs
- Feeder linear
- Waterers of the linear/channel kind
- Nesting Boxes
- Manual and Nipple drinker
- Types of Pan and Jar
- grit box for shells
- Syringe with needles and vaccine droppers
- Plastic/wood/GI water basin with grill
- Heaters for water
- Filters and water softeners
Apply For a Business Loan to Start A Poultry Farming Business
To apply for business loans for poultry farming, first determine your eligibility requirements as established by the bank to which you wish to apply for a loan.
Second, fill out the loan application form with basic documentation after reviewing and evaluating all available loan possibilities based on company needs.
The necessary loan amount, business duration, yearly turnover, and present city will be the basic facts. Furthermore, the loan requirements must be completed by a representative of the bank
After the loan is accepted, the loan amount will be sent into your bank account within a certain number of working days.
How to Begin A Poultry Farming Project
- The Industry: This includes the segments of the Indian poultry business that produce broilers and layers, poultry feed, chicken breeding, egg and meat processing, and so on.
- The Animals: Choose between broilers (meat production) and layers (egg production).
- Farm branding: entails identifying your farm business as well as designing a logo for it.
- The Setting: In order for a farm to thrive and expand, it must be situated in an acceptable place.
- Funding: Despite having money on hand, the poultry sector in India has additional financial requirements. They are salary, equipment, more land, and so forth. Bank loans or other forms of funding might be beneficial.
- Word of Mouth: By spreading the word about your poultry business, you will guarantee that people are aware of it.
- Professional Assistance: When it comes to growing birds, production, and farm management, it is always advisable to use pros.
- Digital Footprint: By creating a website, your company will have a far larger online presence.
- Marketing: Before beginning a poultry farming enterprise, a marketing plan is required to examine market demand and supply, as well as to identify your target client.
Top Banks in India That Provide Loans for Poultry Farming
Leading banks that provide Poultry Farming business loans include SBI, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, IDBI Bank, Federal Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of India, and many more.
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.